Video: The genius of Kellen Moore: collecting info pre snap

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Not necessarily saying it would have been 33-3 (though it very well may have been or even worse), and Moore might have fared ok. But I doubt there would be as many occurrences of “Moore” and “genius” as there are now.
* ya, them there forum fellows are mere clods, as I've done already broke bad,along with a dash of that high,wide& handsome in the labeled bestowment of:
"Brilliance" upon Kellen "the Hammer" Moore

:thumbup::starspin::thumbup:

,,,er,,,:hammer:
o_O

Last edited:

DallasInDC

Reaction score
It's tough to get one over on Bellichick but Miami hit them with that new play that was all the rage for a few years. I forget the name of it now. Since some of the plays were designed to counter the predictability of years past maybe we could have gotten one over on the Patriots in week 1. They are going to have plenty of time to see what Moore's all about so I don't think we'll have the element of surprise.

edit: I was thinking of the wildcat.

Hopefully KM switches up enough over the next few games to. Make it unpredictable and give other teams more to think about... When trying to game plan.

Eanwen

Reaction score
Is that dude up on YouTube?,,, ( I can't find my only set of functional ear buds:()
Not sure what you mean but yes they are both on youtube.

Not necessarily saying it would have been 33-3 (though it very well may have been or even worse), and Moore might have fared ok. But I doubt there would be as many occurrences of “Moore” and “genius” as there are now.

If the Cowboys had put up 30 pts on the Patriots, or at least if the score was competitive throughout the game because of the offense was able to put points on the board when they needed to I most certainly would have been singing Moore's praises. The Patriots held the Rams to 10 points in the SB and held the Chiefs to 7 points through 3 quarters.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So now he’s been elevated to genius? Lol, the over reaction of Cowboys fans is awesome!
well, we are either at 100 or 0, there is no in between. Moore will struggle at times this year and people will want him fired immediately with garrett and the rest of the coaching staff. I guarantee it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Voch has been defending Garrett too since he started making video's and is one of those that blames execution and ignores how predictable and vanilla we were.

I'm sure he'll be pom pom'ing Kellen Moore now and the wrinkles he's throwing in that don't make us so vanilla.

If it wasnt apparent to the few Garrett apologists we have left before, it should be abundantly obvious what a REAL oc and scheme can do for an offense. IT was night and day.

GenoT

Reaction score
We beat a bottom-feeding team and, after exactly ONE NFL game as OC, Kellen Moore is suddenly a genius??!?

We’re definitely gonna need a bigger barrel of anointing oil, lol!

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I loved what Moore did Sunday...Kudos deserved. But now he’s a genius after one game? Let’s put the liquor bottle down and drink some coffee. Respect is earned over time. Especially after some adversity. Let’s give it some time.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I loved what Moore did Sunday...Kudos deserved. But now he’s a genius after one game? Let’s put the liquor bottle down and drink some coffee. Respect is earned over time. Especially after some adversity. Let’s give it some time.
Coffee makes my tummy angry at me.

Pass2Run

Reaction score

I'm already so convinced he'll be exceptional for Dallas, I already dumped my whole bottle of anointing oil all over Kellen Moore.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Whats sad is that there is nothing brilliant about it. Its being done across the league. It only seems like a miracle or bright idea here in Dallas because Garrett was so far behind the times.

We don't always agree, but yeah, you hit the nail on the head here.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm already so convinced he'll be exceptional for Dallas, I already dumped my whole bottle of anointing oil all over Kellen Moore.
I used to do a lot of hiring back in the day so I will use an analogy from my days of interviewing people to find the right one to make this point...
  • One thing I learned to be careful about is not letting the interviewee convince you to hire them on the answer to their first question.
  • Do the whole interview before deciding to hire or not.
I loved what I saw Sunday...in other words Moore answered the first question great. But let’s finish the questions before naming him our next head coach.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We don't always agree, but yeah, you hit the nail on the head here.

And with Dak too, yeah, he has improved. That is natural. But Im giving more credit to the things around him getting better.

-Scheme/OC
-Protection
-Quality of the pass catchers

And in the case of yesterday..........................We played the horrid Giants.

The Dak haters will no doubt get what they want at some point. They will eventually play a good defense or team and things will NOT go so easily. And with that will come more inconsistency and worse QB play.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I used to do a lot of hiring back in the day so I will use an analogy from my days of interviewing people to find the right one to make this point...
  • One thing I learned to be careful about is not letting the interviewee convince you to hire them on the answer to their first question.
  • Do the whole interview before deciding to hire or not.
I loved what I saw Sunday...in other words Moore answered the first question great. But let’s finish the questions before naming him our next head coach.

I completely agree with you. But you cant bash the rest of us for already seeing the benefits going forward of having a competent OC as compared to a Garrett led offense.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
And with Dak too, yeah, he has improved. That is natural. But Im giving more credit to the things around him getting better.

-Scheme/OC
-Protection
-Quality of the pass catchers

And in the case of yesterday..........................We played the horrid Giants.

The Dak haters will no doubt get what they want at some point. They will eventually play a good defense or team and things will NOT go so easily. And with that will come more inconsistency and worse QB play.

I think the coaching staff, as well as Dak definitely deserve kudos for Sundays performance. How many times have wee seen this team play down to the competition? That said, I like to wait until at least week 10 of a season to make broad sweeping declarations about improvements. The team had months to game plan for the Giants. They have a week to prepare now. Let's see what happens!

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Stevie Wonder could see that is was not only the first game, but that it was the giants. What amazes me is how strong the butthurt is with alot of you guys.

You are the ones standing on the back wall at the party.

I'd hate to see some of you all's reaction if you hit the Powerball. Youd probably be pissed all 6 of your numbers matched.

Some of you stiffs need to pop a volume and relax!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I think the coaching staff, as well as Dak definitely deserve kudos for Sundays performance. How many times have wee seen this team play down to the competition? That said, I like to wait until at least week 10 of a season to make broad sweeping declarations about improvements. The team had months to game plan for the Giants. They have a week to prepare now. Let's see what happens!

Granted..............but these things we dont need 10 weeks to know:

-Healthy Oline (Unless this changes)
-Much better pass catchers.

Those things alone would have made Dak better and this offense improved. I think with Moore, he will determine how good this offense can be and how far we will go. How good can we be against top defenses? Once DC's have a handle on what he is doing, can he counter their counter?

Personally, I think the kid is going to give us EVERYTHING we have been missing.

I was one of the first to complain when he was brought up for a candidate. But the more I read and as we got into offseason stuff, I have warmed considerably to the hire.