The get rid of Wade Phillips people are coming

Reaction score
Who said that Phillips didnt take any blame for the loss?? He said that Philips can coach them up and drill things into their minds. However he cant be the one to make the plays on the field.

utrunner07

Reaction score
CATCH17;1904455 said:
I just dont understand what kind of game plan you think will make these guys do everything they were doing wrong better yesterday.

Thats what I am saying, I agree if the players get out their and execute the plan as was they win. But the plan was not the best plan and did not use our players to their strength...(ie. attacking a broken secondary, maybe a screen pass when giants are blitzing, not letting Barber run himself into the ground in the first half maybe...etc). All I am saying is the coaches could have had a better game plan and it would have helped significantly. Plenty of blame for everyone.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
utrunner07;1904464 said:
Thats what I am saying, I agree if the players get out their and execute the plan as was they win. But the plan was not the best plan and did not use our players to their strength...(ie. attacking a broken secondary, maybe a screen pass when giants are blitzing, not letting Barber run himself into the ground in the first half maybe...etc). All I am saying is the coaches could have had a better game plan and it would have helped significantly. Plenty of blame for everyone.

Im sorry but there isn't a game plan out there that could have overcame the crap our guys were pulling.

Our Special Teams is just as much to blame as anything. They put us in a bigtime position to fail.

utrunner07

Reaction score
CATCH17;1904476 said:
Our Special Teams is just as much to blame as anything. They put us in a bigtime position to fail.

Why did the COACHING staff not have Newman back there to return that last punt instead of Patrick I fair catch and fumble Crayton? Its errors like this that I am talking about.

TonyS

Reaction score
CATCH17;1904455 said:
I just dont understand what kind of game plan you think will make these guys do everything they were doing wrong better yesterday.

That's what is similar between you and Wade. :D

Wade doesn't have what it takes. I know it doesn't matter and Jerry won't change, but that doesn't change the truth.

I'm still waiting for someone to find one quality on the list I posted that Wade exhibits.

Reaction score
I dont have a magnetic car ribbon or a silicone braclet but Ill let it be known

I SUPPORT WADE :starspin

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
TonyS;1904486 said:
That's what is similar between you and Wade. :D

Wade doesn't have what it takes. I know it doesn't matter and Jerry won't change, but that doesn't change the truth.

I'm still waiting for someone to find one quality on the list I posted that Wade exhibits.

Without even relooking at what you wrote turning JAGS into Pro Bowlers would be Hamlin, Davis, Folk off the top of my head.

Im sure someone can go down that list and own you pretty nicely.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
utrunner07;1904485 said:
Why did the COACHING staff not have Newman back there to return that last punt instead of Patrick I fair catch and fumble Crayton? Its errors like this that I am talking about.

Because Newman returning a punt is a risk.

There is a chance he doesn't catch the ball all together and lets it bounce 15 yards backwards.

With our offense we should have been able to score. Our offensive line wouldn't allow it.

Crayton muffed it. But that being said hes supposedly the most sure handed player we have.

I wouldn't have sent Newman out there either.

TonyS

Reaction score
CATCH17;1904508 said:
Without even relooking at what you wrote turning JAGS into Pro Bowlers would be Hamlin, Davis, Folk off the top of my head.

Im sure someone can go down that list and own you pretty nicely.

Kay....

Hamlin was already a respected safety prior to his off-field incident and was coming back. Really think Wade did that?

Leonard Davis was a first round pick being used improperly at tackle...don't think he qualifies as JAG.

Folk was a kicker taken in the draft which automatically makes him not JAG.

I look forward to being owned my brotha in Cowboys.

Reaction score
TonyS;1904254 said:
Count me as a proud founding member of the G.R.O.W. movement. He lacks the qualities of a SB-winning head coach and we will watch this play out over the next 2-3 years as he and Jerry try in futility to keep this team respectable.

And here is a concise list of qualities that a SB-caliber coach needs and he ultimately lacks. All you Wade backers and apologists...Do any of these qualities apply to Wade?

1) He is a tireless worker.

2) He is a student of the game.

3) His players are prepared for any scenario.

4) His players never give up.

5) His players rarely make stupid mistakes/penalties.

6) His players are focused.

7) He takes JAGs and turns them into Pro-Bowlers.

8) His teams execute the gameplan to a fault.

9) A loss is unacceptable to his team.

10) He controls every aspect of the team to ensure his assistants are doing what they need to do.

And, if none of these apply to Wade how on God's green earth do you think you're going to see him hoisting a Lombardi trophy? We're going to be going against coaches that do have these qualities in the playoffs every year.

What coach does all those things? Especially 100% of the time? Honestly.

If those are the guidelines then their would be a lot more coaches losing their jobs this year.

utrunner07

Reaction score
utrunner07;1904485 said:

? waiting for this to be explained...how it was not the coaching staff's fault

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
HurdIsNoTurd;1904538 said:
What coach does all those things? Especially 100% of the time? Honestly.

If those are the guidelines then their would be a lot more coaches losing their jobs this year.
Belichick comes to mind.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
parcells316;1904569 said:
Belichick comes to mind.

Well there is only 1 Belichick so if you want him to coach your team then you better become a Pats fan.

utrunner07

Reaction score
CATCH17;1904578 said:
Well there is only 1 Belichick so if you want him to coach your team then you better become a Pats fan.

what about Jimmy? Jimmah! ;)

BTW about Crayton returning the last punt instead of Newman...still waiting.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
utrunner07;1904582 said:
what about Jimmy? Jimmah! ;)

BTW about Crayton returning the last punt instead of Newman...still waiting.

I responded to it above.

utrunner07

Reaction score
CATCH17;1904520 said:
Because Newman returning a punt is a risk.

And Crayton is not? Have you seen him run with the ball? Or try to catch punts this season?

CATCH17;1904520 said:
There is a chance he doesn't catch the ball all together and lets it bounce 15 yards backwards.

What? No more so than Newman and there is no arguing that.

CATCH17;1904520 said:
With our offense we should have been able to score. Our offensive line wouldn't allow it.

Yeah you would have thought, but that does not matter, you still want your best field position possible, which Newman would allow.

CATCH17;1904520 said:
Crayton muffed it. But that being said hes supposedly the most sure handed player we have.

Big Surprise. If he is the most sure handed player we have and the coaches thought that at the beginning of the 4th quarter then we are in more trouble than we thought!

CATCH17;1904520 said:
I wouldn't have sent Newman out there either.

LOL, geez you would die for these Coaches before admitting they made a mistake. Crayton has not done anything with returns all year but fumble and fair catch the staff has to know this. In the past when Newman has returned he has been decent. Well guess you arent going to change your mind...cant think of a more perfect and obvious example.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
utrunner07;1904599 said:
LOL, geez you would die for these Coaches before admitting they made a mistake. Crayton has not done anything with returns all year but fumble and fair catch the staff has to know this. In the past when Newman has returned he has been decent. Well guess you arent going to change your mind...cant think of a more perfect and obvious example.

If Wade were stupid enough to put Newman back there, after not returning a punt in months, with the game on the line in the playoffs, with the Giants having a broke *** secondary, and he fumbles or doesnt catch it and lets it role back 15 yards than its a possibility he doesn't have his job today.

If that is your perfect and obvious example then your arguement is worse than I thought.

utrunner07

Reaction score
CATCH17;1904614 said:
If Wade were stupid enough to put Newman back there, after not returning a punt in months, with the game on the line in the playoffs, with the Giants having a broke *** secondary, and he fumbles or doesnt catch it and lets it role back 15 yards than its a possibility he doesn't have his job today.

If that is your perfect and obvious example then your arguement is worse than I thought.

He was "stupid" enough to change a bunch of other things yesterday though, wasnt he?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
utrunner07;1904623 said:
He was "stupid" enough to change a bunch of other things yesterday though, wasnt he?

Starting Marion Barber is far far less of a gamble.

Trust me if he puts Newman back there and he muffs it or lets it roll back 20 yards then your "why didn't he" question becomes "what the hell was that ****** thinking".