The Giants are overrated

Grevus

Reaction score
All I keep hearing is how the Giants are the best team in the NFC, or one of the best. Why???? They are a good team, but I’m not ready to give them the NFC title. I think they are overrated. Against good teams, (Dallas, Chargers, Denver), their 1 – 2.

Everyone is having a love affair with Manning. Hoping he’ll be even close to his bother.

The Cowboys and Panthers are right there with the Giants for the top spot. You can argue that Atlanta and Seattle are also contenders. Tampa would be also if not for the current QB problem.

Bottom line, it’s too early to declare the Giants or anyone at this time as the best in the NFC. Anyone who declares the Giants as the best team in the NFC is either a Giants fan, playing up to the New York market, or an idiot.

Just my 2 cents…

TheHustler

Reaction score
The Giants play great at home, and terrible away. Once Eli gets through that mental block, we'll have to worry.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Once our Defense gets more comfertable ....... we will have NOTHING to worry about.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
TheHustler said:
The Giants play great at home, and terrible away. Once Eli gets through that mental block, we'll have to worry.

I'm not so sure we'll have to worry...they dont have alot of good young talent on that team, and Manning still doesnt look like a guy that will ever carry a team to me

David

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
I'm not so sure we'll have to worry...they dont have alot of good young talent on that team, and Manning still doesnt look like a guy that will ever carry a team to me

David

Manning
Burress
Shockey
Their entire secondary is full of great young talent
Their O-Line is very young
That Brandon Jacobs kid looks pretty good too

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Manning
Burress
Shockey
Their entire secondary is full of great young talent
Their O-Line is very young
That Brandon Jacobs kid looks pretty good too

Manning has been average at best

Shockey is tremendously overrated

entire secondary is full of great young talent? what?

Brandon Jacobs looks like a nice backup RB

David

Silverstar

Reaction score
Carolina looks much better to me.

Can't wait to play them...and kick their azz.

:star:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Drew is better than Manning at this time

Burress is 29 years old ......... and has always been an underachiever

Shockey will make great plays ...... but he is not better than Witten (look at their stats)

Our entire secondary is filled with great young talent too

Our O-line is getting younger by the week it seems ....and they have kept Drew upright.

And our VERY young Defense is gonna give little manning nightmares for years to come.
I would take Marion or Julious over Jacobs anyday.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
Manning has been average at best

Shockey is tremendously overrated

entire secondary is full of great young talent? what?

Brandon Jacobs looks like a nice backup RB

David

Manning is Manning. He will be very good. Looks 10x better than Aikman did at this point in their careers.

Will Allen
Will Peterson
Gibril Wilson

All 3 in their 4th year or less

Shockey may be overrated, but is still a top 5 TE

Jacobs looks better than most backup RBs in football

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
The Giants will be a thorn in our side for a few years to come. Philly is beginning to faulter, the skins well...they are the Skins..I see the Giants and Cowboys fighting it out for the number 1 spot in the division in the coming seasons.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Will Allen is arguably the 4th best corner in the East, and Peterson is arguably the 5th best.

Silverstar

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Looks 10x better than Aikman did at this point in their careers.

10x times better...based on what?

The Gints are light years ahead of the team that Aikman inherited in 1989.

I mean pleeeeze!

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Actually Will Allen is on his way out, and Curtis Deloatch is starting over Peterson.

CB's

1.Newman
2.Springs
3.Henry
4. Brown/Sheppard

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Silverstar said:
10x times better...based on what?

The Gints are light years ahead of the team that Aikman inherited in 1989.

I mean pleeeeze!

Based on the fact that he is #1: Winning games and #2: He isnt throwing an INT every other play

Aikman threw 36 picks in his first two seasons to only 20 TDs, a QB rating of under 60

Givincer

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Will Allen is arguably the 4th best corner in the East, and Peterson is arguably the 5th best.

Will Allen is certainly not what the giants expected him to be Peterson isn't going to play again this year. Gibril wilson is the only rising star in their secondary other than that it's average to below average. Their defensive line is pretty good though if you take a look at it and they have a decent core of linebackers when all healthy with Emmons and Pierce.

Their offense though is by far their best assett tiki barber is still a great runningback and yes I said great. Shockey is overrated but he still is a good tight end. Manning is growing even if we don't want to admit it he is getting better and will eventually be one of the elite NFL QB's, Burress is the real deal apparently they throw his way about 40% of the time and he delivers. The Offensive line has played some pretty good football and is a solid unit I think their right side is better than their left with Snee and McKenzie as opposed to Petigout and Diehl.

Overall though I do think they are a bit overrated by the media but that is the media they will jump on bandwagons and off of them quicker than fans do =x
I believe we are the superior team to New York honestly because our offense is equal to if not better than theirs when we don't create stupid mental mistakes and our defense is by far superior to theirs. So overall I think our team would beat their team atleast 7 times out of 10.

Silverstar

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Based on the fact that he is #1: Winning games and #2: He isnt throwing an INT every other play

Aikman threw 36 picks in his first two seasons to only 20 TDs, a QB rating of under 60

Man, you are dense!

1. Did Eli start the first game as a rookie?
2. Did he start off with a new owner?
3. How about a new head coach...who never coached in the NFL before?
4. How about an ENTIRE new coaching staff...who never coached in the NFL before either?
5. How about the worst OL in the NFL and a backup RB like Paul Palmer?

Eli had almost everything in place BEFORE he even started a game.

It's a BAD comparison any way you look at it.

JDSmith

Reaction score
We beat them starting Anthony Thomas at RB. We've since released him. That should tell you all you need to know. When we play them next time and Julius carries 20+ times, Barber carries another 15+ times, and we shove the ball down their throat all day, with the occassional long play action pass to spice things up, the game won't be nearly as close as the last one. And while their O looks pretty decent against the likes of SF, our D gets better every week and sacked Manning 4 times in our last meeting. Their line can't handle our pass rush, and won't be able to next time - because our guys are young and getting better every week.

lspain1

Reaction score
JDSmith said:
We beat them starting Anthony Thomas at RB. We've since released him. That should tell you all you need to know. When we play them next time and Julius carries 20+ times, Barber carries another 15+ times, and we shove the ball down their throat all day, with the occassional long play action pass to spice things up, the game won't be nearly as close as the last one. And while their O looks pretty decent against the likes of SF, our D gets better every week and sacked Manning 4 times in our last meeting. Their line can't handle our pass rush, and won't be able to next time - because our guys are young and getting better every week.

I agree with this. We can and will beat the Giants barring injury disaster. My worry here is who else will beat them?