The Giants are overrated

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Eddie said:
Giants have an easy schedule. Pencil in W's against Philly, Minny, and Oakland ... if they split their remaining games vs the Seahawks, Cowboys, Redksins, and Chiefs, they go 12-4. Easily taking the division.

We have MUCH tougher schedule.
Tougher is irreleveant... 'boys need to beat them after that it's irrelevant...

NYG schedule
Sun 11/13 Minnesota 1:00 pm
Sun 11/20 Philadelphia 1:00 pm
Sun 11/27 at Seattle 4:15 pm
Sun 12/4 Dallas 1:00 pm
Sun 12/11 at Philadelphia 4:05 pm
Sat 12/17 Kansas City 5:00 pm
Sat 12/24 at Washington 1:00 pm
Sat 12/31 at Oakland 8:00 pm

No gimmes after Minny and you can build a case for the Gints losing each game after. ENOUGH PANIC!

Verdict

Reaction score
Grevus said:
All I keep hearing is how the Giants are the best team in the NFC, or one of the best. Why???? They are a good team, but I’m not ready to give them the NFC title. I think they are overrated. Against good teams, (Dallas, Chargers, Denver), their 1 – 2.

Everyone is having a love affair with Manning. Hoping he’ll be even close to his bother.

The Cowboys and Panthers are right there with the Giants for the top spot. You can argue that Atlanta and Seattle are also contenders. Tampa would be also if not for the current QB problem.

Bottom line, it’s too early to declare the Giants or anyone at this time as the best in the NFC. Anyone who declares the Giants as the best team in the NFC is either a Giants fan, playing up to the New York market, or an idiot.

Just my 2 cents…

I think the Giants are good, but inconsistant. They are a team on the rise. I think they are behind the Cowboys at this point in terms of overall talent but have a lot of upside. The trouble for them is their inconsistancy can cause them to lose games they should win. You cant overlook them, because they are right there with us record-wise.

Spurs21Cowboys22

Reaction score
Rockytop6 said:
Maybe, but they are 6-2 sitting atop the NFC East. If Jacobs had not fumbled at the one yard line they would have beaten us in Dallas.

Umm... no.

The fumble led to the Cowboys having the ball on the 1 yard line, 26 seconds being run off, and the Giants getting the ball right back at the 48 yard line. They eventually scored on that drive. The Cowboys got the ball and took a knee. If NY scored on that play, instead of fumbling, Dallas would have had 1:18 and 2 timeouts to drive down and get a field goal.

If anything, the Jacobs fumble prevented a win in regulation and caused a Crayton injury.

I'm not sure how any of those facts suggest that the Giants would have beaten Dallas. They had a better chance of stopping Dallas in overtime and scoring.