The goal should be convincing Dak to waive the no trade clause

DuncanIso

Reaction score
It’s easy enough to do. Tell him he is in an open competition with Lance and Rush . Tell him the draft is going to be focused on improving the defense. Hoffman is your starting center and Bass is your starting left guard. Let him know he will be playing the first quarter of each playoff game. Minnesota Denver, New England are potential trade partners.
Imho, the no trade clause doesn’t matter.

A trade is basically the same as a Post June 1 cut.

khiladi

Reaction score
Why would the MVP runner up and 2nd team all pro quarterback be in a quarterback competition with Lance and Rush. :huh: :facepalm: No other organization would do that.
Only 1 vote and it wasn’t a single first place vote and that was for the regular season and clearly didn’t include his play before the bye and to end the season. Nor did it include his GB garbage….

No other organization would have baby-sat Dak like this organization did, wasting the surrounding talent. No other organization would not allow no competition to baby-sit this average QB

khiladi

Reaction score
Sounds like a lot of Dak-Stan’s are now defensive over him being traded, when just a couple days ago, before the Rappaport article came out, they were saying Dak just needs to leave for his own sake.

khiladi

Reaction score
Jerry: Dak you'll be in an open competition with Lance and Rush.
Dak: :muttley: :muttley: :muttley: :muttley: :muttley:
LOL.. if Jerry was that confident in Lance, they wouldn’t have clearly stated they aren’t exercising the option year. For them, it’s probably about getting rid of Dak in the most efficient way possible than it is in any way about Trey. While they don’t know what they have in Trey, they definitely know that they can’t keep dumbing down the offense for the current state down his WRs, brainiac behind Center, as he’s had 8 years to reveal how intellectually “brilliant” he is at deciphering zone defenses.

Dak’s contract, like MM and Trey’s is done in a year period. They can draft a QB without any problem which also correlated with getting a new coach to select a QB that he also wants. They aren’t hitching the franchise to Trey Lance.

Dak fanboys acting like Dak or Trey are the only options just shows how desperate they are. If the roster is diluted for Dak, it’s diluted for Trey too. What we do know is Cooper Rush was 5–1 with the “not gutted” roster Dak had been playing with yearly,

Kwyn

Reaction score
It’s easy enough to do. Tell him he is in an open competition with Lance and Rush . Tell him the draft is going to be focused on improving the defense. Hoffman is your starting center and Bass is your starting left guard. Let him know he will be playing the first quarter of each playoff game. Minnesota Denver, New England are potential trade partners.
I’m sure Dak had sleepless nights worrying about noodle arm and a fourth year rookie.

visionary

Reaction score
Thank you Captain Obvious

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Let him know he is playing the first half of each pre-season game.
he had me scared lol i'm like if he's playing that late this thread is going to make me puke!! lol, yeah let him play a bit in the pre season get his feet wet, then PULL him rush will probably get the next reps, then Lance like in the 3rd quarter and 4th are all his. Soon as the fans/players get some good glimpses and get happy, dak's future is over lol

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Ask his agent to find out how much teams are willing to pay him this season if he’s traded there. So for instance if LV or Minnesota would give him his 60+ APY with 150-200 million upfront then allow the agent to broker the deal. Then tell Dak you can stay here and make 35 million in 2024 or get traded and make 150 million in 2024. He’d go.

Why he would do it is cuz his new signing bonus and salary would be upwards to 150 million in 2024, as opposed to 34. Why the other team would do it is they can secure his rights. Why we’d do it is we might get more than a 3rd for him.
no but he's dreamed of being the cowboys QB for life, he's not going to sign for that lol

baltcowboy

Reaction score
if we dont trade Dak guess what, what if Lance has an outstanding camp and preseason? We then have a great problem to have. The inevitable part is Rush will likely get cut. The team really wants Lance to seize the no. 2 QB spot, and if they could tell us, they really want him to win the starting job. Draft day might spice things up if we get an offer we cant refuse for one of them.
I think the Cowboys need a Lance package because he is a good runner for a quarterback. I would love to see the Cowboys use his legs. I don’t think MM would do that though.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I think the Cowboys need a Lance package because he is a good runner for a quarterback. I would love to see the Cowboys use his legs. I don’t think MM would do that though.
they need to stop using the legs of the other guy, you and I are faster than he is combined!! It's sad at times seeing him trying to scramble

Flamma

Reaction score
let him know that, the most he will get is what Cousins got from Atlanta, that should speed things up
Stop! How do you expect him to live on the 200 million he got? To suggest 45 million a year is a non starter. How is he supposed to support his new family? Nothing less than 60M a year will put food on the table.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
they need to stop using the legs of the other guy, you and I are faster than he is combined!! It's sad at times seeing him trying to scramble
Dak never was a great looking runner but he got the job done. I just want to use Lance. He is actually one of the highest payed players on the team.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Save your $ as you will be buying another team's Jersey come the end of the next season.
Let Dak go win somewhere else that's fine with me and the rest of the Cowboy nation.
Wonder if he will have another 2 dog teams like the Giants and D.C. at his new home?
You can only hope I guess...............
More like Troll Nation.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
He could still somewhat pick his destination this year by waving the NTC. Why he would be smart to do it now is he’s coming off a season where he looked good (in the regular season). If Edoga and Hofman are full year starters and we have no running backs, Dak’s numbers can severely drop and his payday on the open market would be less. Right now he may be able to get 60+ million but a year from now if we don’t go to the playoffs and he leads the league in interceptions then he won’t get as much.
I don't know why more people don't get this. His "numbers" are much more likely to decline this season than stay the same or improve. Also, if the Cowboys played hardball and talked open competition, possible benching or reduction in playing time, etc., other teams begin to question why they should be anxious to get a product the current owner seems to be trying to get rid of?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
there are probably 2, 3 teams at best that would want to trade for a QB right now. none of them would make the trade because they are not in position to win the superbowl or compete. so why trade valuable assets and be able to provide support needed to compete. New England has so many holes, Denver just took a massive 80M hit on aWilson trade. got burned trading for Wilson, do you expect them to do it again, 80M on the cap, another 50-60M for Dak? seriously where do you come up with that idea?

Minn, also far from being competitive and they just decided not to resign a similar QB. so none of the above are actual potential trade partners.

Creeper

Reaction score
We have no idea what Dak actually wants so this is all speculation, but if he comes to the table with an absurd demand, like a 50% increase over his last contract, then I would tell him he is going to sit out 2024 unless he can work out a trade to play somewhere else. I like Dak. He seems like a good guy, and he is a good QB no mater what his naysayers think. But he is not a market setting talent. He did not deserve $40 million then, and he certainly does not deserve $60 million now.

But I will make my point again. On any other team creating CAP space by moving on from Dak might benefit the team. But Dallas does not need CAP space because they won't use it if they have it. They do no pay free agents and it seem that now includes their own free agents. Jerry really believes that 5 JAGs is better than 1 star talent.

Brax

Reaction score
Why would the MVP runner up and 2nd team all pro quarterback be in a quarterback competition with Lance and Rush. :huh: :facepalm: No other organization would do that.
Why not, he’s proven he’s not a good QB come playoff or critical games and as for MVP he received no first place votes, none so big deal he’s a MVP against the chump teams and the teams he played had the 32 combined pass defense ranking.