The goal should be convincing Dak to waive the no trade clause

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
all they'd have to do is let his agent talk to other teams and accept the crappy trade deal they'd get for him. They won't but the agent can facilitate all this if that's what everyone wants.

Verdict

Reaction score
It’s easy enough to do. Tell him he is in an open competition with Lance and Rush . Tell him the draft is going to be focused on improving the defense. Hoffman is your starting center and Bass is your starting left guard. Let him know he will be playing the first quarter of each playoff game. Minnesota Denver, New England are potential trade partners.
Yes. Dak needs to be traded.

Big_D

Reaction score
It would be nice to move on and actually get something in return!

CowboyChris

Reaction score
It would be nice to move on and actually get something in return!
if the Cowboys had Howie Roseman we could’ve moved off Dak for multiple 1st round picks, similar to the Russell Wilson trade

Cmac

Reaction score
Dak should simply walk next year......and leave the Cowboys with nothing in hand but their own bonehead decisions. This is about to be a Sean Payton/Russell Wilson situation redo.

jujoboys

Reaction score
The best way to convince him to waive the no trade clause is to give him and his agent permission to talk to teams about a trade. If you start treating him like crap then you fracture the locker room. You think the other players want to get on the field and give 100% when you basically bench the QB to punish him for not waiving a no trade clause. We already look bad enough to free agents and player’s agents by being cheap and trying to low ball everyone. Jerry and Stephen are the 2 ruining this team. We have our focus on the wrong person. Those dummies are the ones that got taken to the woodshed on that Dak contract. They gave him a max contract that was only 4 years long, a no trade clause, and a no tag clause. Dak and his agent completely destroyed Jerry and Stephen in those negotiations. I won’t be surprised if it happens again

dcstar

Reaction score
Shows the stupidity of Messers Jones' to cave in to Mr Prescott on the no trade clause anywho

Go Cowboys!

Motorola

Reaction score
It’s easy enough to do. Tell him he is in an open competition with Lance and Rush . Tell him the draft is going to be focused on improving the defense. Hoffman is your starting center and Bass is your starting left guard. Let him know he will be playing the first quarter of each playoff game. Minnesota Denver, New England are potential trade partners.
Yet...Prescott still would want to remain the starting quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys...and would welcome open competition against Rush and Lance.
(And - include a rookie candidate - drafted or UFDA - odds are at least one in those two categories will probably will be signed on for the spring through summer.
#4 ...the incumbent 8-year starter since his rookie season... says "all coming for my crown ...bring it on!!!"

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I'm all in. on seeing what Lance can do. In fact, they should ask Dak about waiving the no trade clause and go with Lance. Treaten to sit him the entire season if he doesn't waive it.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
Dak needs to be cut and we need to take cap hit and move on. He’s never winning a superbowl. It’s better to start to find the next guy than continue flaming out year after year.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
It's amazing to me how people think the team can just bully Dak into waiving his no trade clause. As if he doesn't have an agent, or as if the NFLPA doesn't exist.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Ask his agent to find out how much teams are willing to pay him this season if he’s traded there. So for instance if LV or Minnesota would give him his 60+ APY with 150-200 million upfront then allow the agent to broker the deal. Then tell Dak you can stay here and make 35 million in 2024 or get traded and make 150 million in 2024. He’d go.

Why he would do it is cuz his new signing bonus and salary would be upwards to 150 million in 2024, as opposed to 34. Why the other team would do it is they can secure his rights. Why we’d do it is we might get more than a 3rd for him.
I'm all in. on seeing what Lance can do. In fact, they should ask Dak about waiving the no trade clause and go with Lance. Treaten to sit him the entire season if he doesn't waive it.
”Threaten to sit him the entire season if he doesn’t waive it.” He’d end up on IR from laughing so hard. The Cowboys are not in control here, France and Prescott are in control. The Dallas Cowboys are little more than dirt under Todd France’s feet. Explain to CeeDee’s agent, and Micah’s agent, why, after watching how they treat Dak, why their clients should sign with the Dallas Cowboys. The Dallas Cowboys are already a joke from players’ perspective. Now they’re going to try to challenge their starting quarterback in the last year of his contract? Sit him. Start Trey Lance. Do it.

plymkr

Reaction score
”Threaten to sit him the entire season if he doesn’t waive it.” He’d end up on IR from laughing so hard. The Cowboys are not in control here, France and Prescott are in control. The Dallas Cowboys are little more than dirt under Todd France’s feet. Explain to CeeDee’s agent, and Micah’s agent, why, after watching how they treat Dak, why their clients should sign with the Dallas Cowboys. The Dallas Cowboys are already a joke from players’ perspective. Now they’re going to try to challenge their starting quarterback in the last year of his contract? Sit him. Start Trey Lance. Do it.
I’m not sure what you’re trying to say here. Are you in favor of taking a hard stance with Dak and bench him for the season or are you saying Jerry is powerless against Dak. I’m confused.

Whether anyone likes it or not, personally I hate it, no one is more powerful to the Dallas Cowboys than Jerry Jones. If Jerry wanted to he could cut every player not on a rookie contract and start 53 UDFAs next season. He’s the owner and the GM. He can do what he wants. Dak and France have no power over Jerry. The reason we have sucked for 30 years is because no one has more power than Jerry. That’s the problem with the Cowboys and that’s why we’re a joke.

As far as Dak, CD and Micah, I’d be fine with all 3 playing for someone else next year. There is nothing they have done in the field in big games that impress me. Especially Micah and Dak. Micah and Dak have been worthless in the playoffs and against playoff teams. I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again. No one on our team should make history with their contracts until they make history on the field.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I’m not sure what you’re trying to say here. Are you in favor of taking a hard stance with Dak and bench him for the season or are you saying Jerry is powerless against Dak. I’m confused.

Whether anyone likes it or not, personally I hate it, no one is more powerful to the Dallas Cowboys than Jerry Jones. If Jerry wanted to he could cut every player not on a rookie contract and start 53 UDFAs next season. He’s the owner and the GM. He can do what he wants. Dak and France have no power over Jerry. The reason we have sucked for 30 years is because no one has more power than Jerry. That’s the problem with the Cowboys and that’s why we’re a joke.

As far as Dak, CD and Micah, I’d be fine with all 3 playing for someone else next year. There is nothing they have done in the field in big games that impress me. Especially Micah and Dak. Micah and Dak have been worthless in the playoffs and against playoff teams. I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again. No one on our team should make history with their contracts until they make history on the field.
I don’t care who the Cowboys’ quarterback is. I respect that players should sign for as much as they can get. I don’t care about history. If history mattered no one would sign with the Dallas Cowboys. They have a terrible owner and a front office hierarchy that is unsuccessful. Cowboys fans have deluded themselves believing the Cowboys are special compared to the other 31 teams. They’re not. Either is the Dallas metro area. Micah can be very special as part of a defense. CeeDee Lamb is a top three wide receiver in today’s NFL. Dak Prescott is a more than capable quarterback. The Cowboys can’t seem to do anything with any of them. They turned a 4 year $40 million per season contract for their quarterback into a cap nightmare because they simply don’t know they’re doing. They don’t know. And now a player’s agent has them by the balls and they won’t relent. And the team’s fans are left to convince themselves Trey Lance is the answer. I say play Trey Lance. It will be hilarious.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I never said the Cowboys were in control. The front office are fools for having to cave into Dak's demands to have him sign a no trade/no tag clause. That is about giving Dak everything he ever wanted. That's why this organization is a joke. But I'm serious about having him sit out the entire year and having them go with Lance. Jerry traded for him, and why trade for him if you're not going to use him? I think that would be a better alternative than Dak signing a 60 million dollar deal.