CFZ The Good Guys

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I was talking specifically about QB's and the fact that they usually become the face of the team.

Whether it's fair or not, they are typically the one given the most credit/blame for the team's success during their career. How do they understand and embrace This responsibility is important, not just for the team's perception but for all of NFL football.

They represent. Most of them do in a positive way, others not so much

If it was just once or twice, I might understand that he may have been a target for a big payday.. However, 24 times?

What would I tell a son, say 10-12 years old, that was wearing his jersey about his "hero?" What does this teach him about respecting women?

And I'm not saying these women are being totally honest or that Watson being an NFL player had nothing to do with it, but again.....24 of them?

Think of the risk, not only to his own career but the careers of his teammates and coaches. If he is suspended, don't you think that will affect the careers of so many other? Just taking that risk is irresponsible and inconsiderate, not the attributes I would want of my quarterback.

What people do in their private lives is no ones business to be honest. And I am sure your son will be going for a few asian massage parlors in his day once he gets there.

the guy likes happy endings. Who doesnt? Not a big deal in my book. As long as there is no forcing I dont see an issue.

Trying to ruin a guys life and get a big payday out of it is the bigger crime if you ask me.

plasticman

Reaction score
I like the parts where you talk about our Captain America, Roger Staubach. But then the conversation gets a bit disconnected jumping to Deshaun Watson and then to Dak and then back to Watson. It should be noted that the team that Watson disrespected was the Houston Texans, not the Cleveland Browns. I don't feel one bit bad for the Browns or their fans. The Brown's FO made a deal with Watson knowing he still had legal issues unresolved. This has nothing to do with winning as the "good guy". It's the polar opposite.
Yeah, I'll give you that, if the Browns were aware of the extent of the accusations and traded for him anyway, I hope they get stuck with the bill.

The Texans may have hidden some facts, I don't know, but the situation should be an embarrassment for all concerned.

plasticman

Reaction score
not a fair comp although i agree with the sentiments of the post, tell me when those teams has this much saturation of regular media, Social media, etc following them around 24-7 and umm the advent of cell phones with video and cameras that every single human at the places you visit have and use to make sure they don't miss one infraction..

Its a very different time my friend, i feel bad for these new generation of guys , they literally have zero private lives like the actors etc they are targets 24-7. squeaky clean in those days maybe because no one was following them 24-7 with cameras and cell phones and had near real time posts of what's going on.
That's certainly true, there are media people that build their careers on finding dirt and exploiting it.

Then again, how many years have they been given to find dirt on Staubach. He was quite high profile when he got out of football, for political reasons. Even recently, he turned down the appointment as Secretary of the Navy. I have heard nothing and this is the age of information. If it was there, we would know.

plasticman

Reaction score
What people do in their private lives is no ones business to be honest. And I am sure your son will be going for a few asian massage parlors in his day once he gets there.

the guy likes happy endings. Who doesnt? Not a big deal in my book. As long as there is no forcing I dont see an issue.

Trying to ruin a guys life and get a big payday out of it is the bigger crime if you ask me.
It is a sports agent's and a team publicist's job to make it our business. Why do you think they always have those human-interest pieces on NFL players?

Again, it's not that I think he is absolutely guilty of all charges. Did he not consider, that his method of getting sex might be considered somewhat questionable?

I'm accusing him of being selfish, inconsiderate, and disrespectful to everyone that depended on his availability for games.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It is a sports agent's and a team publicist's job to make it our business. Why do you think they always have those human-interest pieces on NFL players?

Again, it's not that I think he is absolutely guilty of all charges. Did he not consider, that his method of getting sex might be considered somewhat questionable?

I'm accusing him of being selfish, inconsiderate, and disrespectful to everyone that depended on his availability for games.

Not my business. I dont want to hear anything about that kind of stuff. Everyone should enjoy their privacy.

And again, his method of getting sex is no ones business. Maybe people like you enjoy reading about that. If a guy is hiring women to give him a private massage in his home from a spa known for that kind of service, I see nothing wrong with it.

Now if he is calling up random spa's that dont do that kind of thing, now that is stupid. But I highly doubt thats what he was doing.