The Good Old Days!

dwreck27

Reaction score
Lets not sugarcoat it. The last 20 years has been all Eagles. There is a whole generation of young Cowboy fans that probably think we are pathetic and the Eagles were always better than us.

Yup. I was born in 90 so I pretty much missed all that high fiving and walking around with chests high...

There is a lot of eagles fans popping up and a lot of them have a lot to brag about in the past 20 years.. us? Oh 1st seeds and getting promptly booted with one and dones

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
7ebd47d898e1c2e99fdbfd6ede4e311b.jpg

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Success runs in cycles. Steelers waited almost 40 years before a playoff appearance. Patriots 40 years for 1st Ring. Saints 43 years for a Super Bowl. Lions and Browns have never sniffed a Super Bowl.

Cowboys had success fairly early and often. Perhaps some thought it would last forever? Maybe it will take another generation or two to clean out these attitudes?

We had to expect a drought at some point. 20 years is a drop in the bucket for most NFL Diehard fans across the league. Check back in 40-50 years. My bucket is still pretty full with a Man Cave full of memorabilia from our last 50 years.

Last edited:

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Success runs in cycles. Steelers waited almost 40 years before a playoff appearance. Patriots 40 years for 1st Ring. Saints 43 years for a Super Bowl. Lions and Browns have never sniffed a Super Bowl.

Cowboys had success fairly early and often. Perhaps some thought it would last forever? Maybe it will take another generation or two to clean out these attitudes?

We had to expect a drought at some point. 20 years is a drop in the bucket for most NFL Diehard fans across the league. Check back in 40-50 years. My bucket is still pretty full with a Man Cave full of memorabilia from our last 50 years.
Do you have a large autographed picture of Garrett as the center piece of your Man Cave?

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
One is a lonely number though......if they ever win two more Lombardi's they will still be "tied" for last place in the division.....along with an all-time losing record.........they are like a lot of songs....a one hit wonder never to be heard from again.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Do you have a large autographed picture of Garrett as the center piece of your Man Cave?
No, Landry and Staubach are my featured and most prized autographs. I have several others.

I haven’t met Garrett yet. I don’t have the access I did for years. If I did he’d be one I’d want.

Garrett is a throwback and connection to both of our glory eras since he played on 90’s team and his father a scout with Landry. All that’s left for Garrett to recieve the support from most fans is continued success.

He’s already surpassed the success of any of the other coaches this era. He’s become the most popular coach since Jimmy and the third winningest coach in Cowboy history.

And only third HC in Cowboy history to win COY. Wow for a coach coming in with his resume. Not sure what other fans expected given no experience and working with Jerry?

If you can’t get behind Garrett and what he’s attempting to overcome in this dysfunctional situation I’m not sure what’s left to root for and where my hope would come from. He obviously wants to be in a place few others if any we’d want would. I’m not sure where my hope would come from without the culture he’s attempted to create here under Jerry where few expects anyone to succeed.

Last edited:

northerncowboynation

Reaction score

Let's watch what happens in NE when Tom Terrific hangs em up. Any takers that they fall off after that? Will certainly answer the question did tom make Bell or did Bell make tom. Personally I think Tom made Bell's job much easier and he has/had great asssistant coaches. That's waht the greats do, surround themselves with great assistants and guys they trust. Should be easy but obviuosly not for about 31 teams

JustChip

Reaction score
Let's watch what happens in NE when Tom Terrific hangs em up. Any takers that they fall off after that? Will certainly answer the question did tom make Bell or did Bell make tom. Personally I think Tom made Bell's job much easier and he has/had great asssistant coaches. That's waht the greats do, surround themselves with great assistants and guys they trust. Should be easy but obviuosly not for about 31 teams

Actually, they made it for each other. NFL success depends on the right circumstances and, yes, some measure of luck, as much as tactical decisions and moves. There is no way Bill, nor any NFL coach, would've risked letting a QB in the GOAT discussion be picked by another team by waiting until the 6th round to draft him if they KNEW what he would be. And Tom was set to be cut his rookie year until an injury to the #2 QB halted that. What would the Patriots have been without Tom? Maybe they still are competitive for AFC titles and, maybe some Super Bowls, but there's no guarantee. Winning allowed Bill's coaching style to succeed for the long term.

Last edited:

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Actually, they made it for each other. NFL success depends on the right circumstances and, yes, some measure of luck, as much as tactical decisions and moves. There is no way Bill, nor any NFL coach, would've risked letting a QB in the GOAT discussion be picked by another team by waiting until the 6th round to draft him if they KNEW what would he would be. And Tom was set to be cut his rookie year until an injury to the #2 QB halted that. What would the Patriots have been without Tom? Maybe they still are competitive for AFC titles and, maybe some Super Bowls, but there's no guarantee. Winning allowed Bill's coaching style to succeed for the long term.

Well, when Brady hangs 'em up we will see who contributed most to the success wouldn't yu say. I'm thinking drop off but certainly not 0-16 without Brady. Playoffs maybe. SB's, no longer a favored

JustChip

Reaction score
Well, when Brady hangs 'em up we will see who contributed most to the success wouldn't yu say. I'm thinking drop off but certainly not 0-16 without Brady. Playoffs maybe. SB's, no longer a favored

I agree. I have no doubt there will be a drop-off. Bill would be smart to leave at the same time. That was one of Jimmy's biggest strengths - he knew to leave before things inevitably turn. He did it everywhere he went.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Pats will fall after Brady is gone.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I understand why this post will rub some members the wrong way. Lack of playoff appearances and abbreviated runs during the current two decade plus long drought is frustrating. That is an understatement to say the very least. Regardless, both successful and struggling cycles are fact within every aspect of team and individual sports throughout the world and history itself. It is an undeniable life truth.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lets not sugarcoat it. The last 20 years has been all Eagles. There is a whole generation of young Cowboy fans that probably think we are pathetic and the Eagles were always better than us.
I have a cousin who married a guy from Philly who of course is an eagles fan. As you can imagine, we have had some funny conversations over the years.

We had a conversation last year where he told me he “absolutely loves Jerry Jones”. And he laughingly said all eagles fans love him because as long as he’s running things, the Cowboys will be getting what they’ve been getting for the last 22 years.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I have a cousin who married a guy from Philly who of course is an eagles fan. As you can imagine, we have had some funny conversations over the years.

We had a conversation last year where he told me he “absolutely loves Jerry Jones”. And he laughingly said all eagles fans love him because as long as he’s running things, the Cowboys will be getting what they’ve been getting for the last 22 years.

LOL............and he is absolutely right. Eagles fans laughing in our face. Sad days indeed.

wrongway

Reaction score
Just put one small one in the bottom rt. Corner. Done