The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bingo, there OC has to be a total moron, 120 on 11 carries????? And if you listen the whole NFL is asking WHY didn't he touch the ball more. I say were damn lucky he didn't, or it could have been really ugly for our lack luster defense. I for one am hoping that this game wasn't a show of things to come in regards to stopping the run game. We are fixing to be going up against some pretty damn good ball runners, and coordinators who won't be afraid to run it down our throats... IE Alvin Kamera ring a bell.....

Take note of how the latest excuse is that "that Giants offensive line is pretty good!"

Isn't it amazing how otherwise bad offensive lines suddenly 'get good' when playing against the Cowboys defensive line?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Take note of how the latest excuse is that "that Giants offensive line is pretty good!"

Isn't it amazing how otherwise bad offensive lines suddenly 'get good' when playing against the Cowboys defensive line?

Not going to say their OL is as good as Dallas but did they make improvement? they added Kevin Zeitler and tackle Mike Remmers and got back their starting center Jon Halapio who was injured week 2 of last year.

silvrNblue

Reaction score

I know right... I've read /heard that BS a few times lately and I'm like "no there not", in fact the vagiants oline still sucks water dipped bread, it was luck luster play on our defense that let ole crumbly Eli sit back and take the wind in his sails, good grief just look at his passing numbers. That alone should tell you we blew nads on any sort of pass rush/ QB pressure. Not to mention what was our sack count against this bottom feeding team?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not going to say their OL is as good as Dallas but did they make improvement? they added Kevin Zeitler and tackle Mike Remmers and got back their starting center Jon Halapio who was injured week 2 of last year.

Do they still have Nate Solder and Will Hernandez? And when did Mike Remmers suddenly 'get good'? I guess when he shuts down Lawrence all day.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know right... I've read /heard that BS a few times lately and I'm like "no there not", in fact the vagiants oline still sucks water dipped bread, it was luck luster play on our defense that let ole crumbly Eli sit back and take the wind in his sails, good grief just look at his passing numbers. That alone should tell you we blew nads on any sort of pass rush/ QB pressure. Not to mention what was our sack count against this bottom feeding team?

We had LVE and Lawrence combine for half a sack on that foolish fourth down rollout play. Other than that? Bupkiss.

None of them had anything close to a good day.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
All thanks to Marinelli and his stubbornness to convince Jerry and the front office to draft a twinkle-toed dancing bear 3 tech DT who gets easily pushed back or aside, instead of a big ol' double team taking hole plugger at 1 tech DT.

And you have this inside information how exactly?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Do they still have Nate Solder and Will Hernandez? And when did Mike Remmers suddenly 'get good'? I guess when he shuts down Lawrence all day.

I guess we will see how they perform over the course of the season. They added to the Oline it is not the same as last year and so you are basing it all on one game?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I guess we will see how they perform over the course of the season. They added to the Oline it is not the same as last year and so you are basing it all on one game?

Nope. I'm basing it on many of their recent performances. Check out how they finished last season, and what the Colts and Rams did to them. I think these same Giants had a good day against them as well, before the additions.

The fact is that this defensive line still has a whole lot to prove.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
I have a question about this, did or does anyone know if they were dbl teaming or chip blocking on D-law? yea I watched the game, but I didn't pay attention to that, be good to know if the vagiants used some scheme to keep him out of their back field. IMO, D-law was another who held the team for ransome for his big pay day, so did we over pay once again for a guy who now takes the money and then is never seen again. Or, are we all over reacting to the first game, and not considering all the facts of offseason and pre season, as we all know a lot of these guys did little to no play time in PS...maybe it's just a get their feet under them needing time to gel up together in a new season???

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Nope. I'm basing it on many of their recent performances. Check out how they finished last season, and what the Colts and Rams did to them. I think these same Giants had a good day against them as well, before the additions.

That was last season, the addition they made were not there last season. Last season is why they made the change. Is Dallas LB better after getting LVE? teams make changes so using last year is meaningless that is not the same group. They added 2 experienced OL players, they got their starting center back after losing him week 2 of last year so what the Giants Oline was late last year is not a vaild argument, it would be if it where the same players but it is not

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That was last season, the addition they made were not there last season. Last season is why they made the change.

And even then they out up 143 ards rushing against our defense. That's the point.

Is Dallas LB better after getting LVE? teams make changes so using last year is meaningless that is not the same group.

The only eyes you can cover to this issue are your own. You want to have it both ways, can't just "just one game", while "last year is meaningless".

Yeah, No.

They added 2 experienced OL players, they got their starting center back after losing him week 2 of last year so what the Giants Oline was late last year is not a vaild argument, it would be if it where the same players but it is not

It was successful against this defensive line THEN, it is successful NOW.

And again, I'm talking about a pattern. The Cowboys defense did not finish well last year and they haven't started well this year.

If you want to blind yourself to that fact, keep it to yourself. I don't want to hear it.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
NY has 3 guys on their Oline who were not there late last season 2 that were not on that team at all, so it is different it is vastly different when 3 out of 5 players along your OL is changed out.
Regardless of that I was not happy with the play of the Dallas defense so I'm not blind nor making any excuses for anything. I expect more out of this defense and I think they will show better than they did.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
NY has 3 guys on their Oline who were not there late last season 2 that were not on that team at all, so it is different it is vastly different when 3 out of 5 players along your OL is changed out.
Regardless of that I was not happy with the play of the Dallas defense so I'm not blind nor making any excuses for anything. I expect more out of this defense and I think they will show better than they did.

I agree. Giving up 500 yards is ugly, even if it's BBDB for almost 2 quarters. The defense in its base sets, even in the first half, is just too vanilla. Too easy to pick apart. And it's too passive.

Dak and Moore looked good.

The LBs looked bad, for the most part, as a unit. The DL didn't look much better, except D Law who's forever double-teamed.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
You mean having a terrible safety in Heath that can't clean up properly and no true 1T bit us again? You don't say!
What safety in the history of the NFL makes that tackle on Saquon? The answer is 0.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Whenever Heath is out there it's ugly. I remember the hoopla and over admiration for Williams and he isn't even in the league. IF Heath wasn't a RKG would he even be in the league?
Totally.

There was also the TFL inside the 5...
Here is Xavier Woods doing much better after that earlier bust and heading downhill with Jeff Heath to throw Barkley for a loss on first-and-goal from the 1-yard line.
From Sturm in the Athletic

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I agree. Giving up 500 yards is ugly, even if it's BBDB for almost 2 quarters. The defense in its base sets, even in the first half, is just too vanilla. Too easy to pick apart. And it's too passive.

Dak and Moore looked good.

The LBs looked bad, for the most part, as a unit. The DL didn't look much better, except D Law who's forever double-teamed.

I made no excuses for the defense, I expect a lot more from them. My only argument was changes that NY has made on their OL from the 2018 season to this season. It is not the same group of players they had on the field last year, biggest change clearly is Zeitler who if you check the grading they have on him from last season he is still one of the top G in the league. Reemers an improvement over what NY had last season and a center who was playing very good before going down with an injury is back in their lineup. None of that changes how I feel about the Dallas defense, to me they looked slow and sluggish and I expect better from them but my statement was NY Oline is much different than last year so using 2018 season and saying it is the same in 2019 is complete BS

Reaction score
I have a question about this, did or does anyone know if they were dbl teaming or chip blocking on D-law? yea I watched the game, but I didn't pay attention to that, be good to know if the vagiants used some scheme to keep him out of their back field. IMO, D-law was another who held the team for ransome for his big pay day, so did we over pay once again for a guy who now takes the money and then is never seen again. Or, are we all over reacting to the first game, and not considering all the facts of offseason and pre season, as we all know a lot of these guys did little to no play time in PS...maybe it's just a get their feet under them needing time to gel up together in a new season???
I'm a little worried about Lawrence now that he's gotten paid.

I expect production commensurate to his paycheck. So far he's 0 for 1.

It's still early. I'm hoping for better going forward from him.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Bingo, there OC has to be a total moron, 120 on 11 carries????? And if you listen the whole NFL is asking WHY didn't he touch the ball more. I say were damn lucky he didn't, or it could have been really ugly for our lack luster defense. I for one am hoping that this game wasn't a show of things to come in regards to stopping the run game. We are fixing to be going up against some pretty damn good ball runners, and coordinators who won't be afraid to run it down our throats... IE Alvin Kamera ring a bell.....
Jourdan Lewis ring a bell......

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score

I agree that Dallas DL has to be better but the Giants OL is better then they were last year. Still no excuse but they aren't trash like last year.

kskboys

Reaction score
is it a fault? or a choice? we rebuilt this defense. there is only so much resources available and the choice has been to build inside out and then outside in....we have drafted DEs, DTs, LBs and CBs ahead of safety. if we are arguing about safety and not other positions, then the FO has done a good job. is a good safety needed? yes, but where do you rank a safety need against the other positions I listed?

also, there is only so much money and the FO is forward thinking on contracts they have to give out and how they manage the cap. so signing any high priced FA safety comes at a cost of not signing somebody else and then we would be sitting here complaining about that position not being filled.

would I like an upgrade? yes. do I think Heath is trash? no, some fans live at the extremes only....reality is different.
DT, S, DE, LB, CB. There's your order of importance.