The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree that Dallas DL has to be better but the Giants OL is better then they were last year. Still no excuse but they aren't trash like last year.

I very much agree with you that the Giants have improved, but that doesn't excuse the Cowboys defensive line performance either. Rather than propping up an opponent, I'm choosing to focus on the ongoing issues of this team.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
I made no excuses for the defense, I expect a lot more from them. My only argument was changes that NY has made on their OL from the 2018 season to this season. It is not the same group of players they had on the field last year, biggest change clearly is Zeitler who if you check the grading they have on him from last season he is still one of the top G in the league. Reemers an improvement over what NY had last season and a center who was playing very good before going down with an injury is back in their lineup. None of that changes how I feel about the Dallas defense, to me they looked slow and sluggish and I expect better from them but my statement was NY Oline is much different than last year so using 2018 season and saying it is the same in 2019 is complete BS

OK, duly noted. But yes, they looked slow and sluggish, especially the front 7.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I very much agree with you that the Giants have improved, but that doesn't excuse the Cowboys defensive line performance either. Rather than propping up an opponent, I'm choosing to focus on the ongoing issues of this team.
Exactly. Lawrence got paid to be one of the most feared pass rushers in the league. I know he was recovering from injury/surgery so that leads me to my next point. Should have got the surgery done immediately so he would have been ready for training camp instead of saying no surgery until he gets a contract.

I can't wait for Quinn and Gregory to get back

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Exactly. Lawrence got paid to be one of the most feared pass rushers in the league. I know he was recovering from injury/surgery so that leads me to my next point. Should have got the surgery done immediately so he would have been ready for training camp instead of saying no surgery until he gets a contract.

I can't wait for Quinn and Gregory to get back

I'm hearing some 'iffy' things about Gregory, like he's not even being considered as a factor.

But these other guys who want to give themselves dumb, self-appointed nicknames need to step it up.

And Lawrence especially needs to live up to that contract.

kskboys

Reaction score
I'm hearing some 'iffy' things about Gregory, like he's not even being considered as a factor.

But these other guys who want to give themselves dumb, self-appointed nicknames need to step it up.

And Lawrence especially needs to live up to that contract.
DLaw should be embarrassed by his play after holding out for a huge contract and refusing surgury for so long.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DLaw should be embarrassed by his play after holding out for a huge contract and refusing surgury for so long.

Yeah, but humility and self awareness don't appear to be two of his stronger traits. The *** kicking he and his 'boyz' received from the Rams didn't seem to stop any of them from talking, did it?

kskboys

Reaction score
Yeah, but humility and self awareness don't appear to be two of his stronger traits. The *** kicking he and his 'boyz' received from the Rams didn't seem to stop any of them from talking, did it?
Kids......

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
DT, S, DE, LB, CB. There's your order of importance.
I would say

DE, DT, LB, CB, S

without a good pass rush, the back end is toast. without ability to stop the run, your defense is toast. without ability to stop the other teams best WR, you are toast.

kskboys

Reaction score
I would say

DE, DT, LB, CB, S

without a good pass rush, the back end is toast. without ability to stop the run, your defense is toast. without ability to stop the other teams best WR, you are toast.
W/o disruptive DT's, your DE's can be rendered ineffective. That's why the Dolts couldn't beat NE all those years, even w/ one of the best DE combo's of all time in Mathis/Feeney. And w/o good S's, your CB's matter a ton less.

Cap12

Reaction score
You mean having a terrible safety in Heath that can't clean up properly and no true 1T bit us again? You don't say!
As unproductuve as Heath was, you have to blame the interior linemen (except Crawford, who played well in limited snaps) for our poor performance against the run. You can also toss some shade at LVE for freelancing too much and getting caught out of position. Hopefully having Crawford back there more frequently will help, but a bunch of guys you are counting on to provide minutes and depth, did not play well. The Giants have an improved OLine (and maybe this performance won't look so bad as the season goes on), but there is no excuse for the way a number of DT's got blown off the ball.

Cap12

Reaction score
The Good - Dak and the Cowboys passing offense.

The Bad - Zeke and the Cowboys running game. He looked rusty from his time off and the offensive line run blocking wasn't up to their usual standards.

The Ugly - The Cowboys defensive line. They picked up right where they left off last year, little to no pressure on the passer, and giving up huge yards in the running game. They are a cause for concern at this point.

Hopefully with Lawrence and Crawford (who are their 2 best D linemen, IMO) playing more snaps, things will improve. Still Marrinelli must have been pulling what's left of his hair out of the old mellon after that game.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
OK, duly noted. But yes, they looked slow and sluggish, especially the front 7.

True, now myself and I do only speak for myself I feel this unit is much better than they showed this past game. I'm not one to take a week 1 outing and start claiming how we need to change everything up. Over the course of the season we will see how this unit performs but for me I'm not going into panic state or knee jerk based on this past outing

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As unproductuve as Heath was, you have to blame the interior linemen (except Crawford, who played well in limited snaps) for our poor performance against the run.

Where is anything to support this off-base claim?

You can also toss some shade at LVE for freelancing too much and getting caught out of position. Hopefully having Crawford back there more frequently will help, but a bunch of guys you are counting on to provide minutes and depth, did not play well. The Giants have an improved OLine (and maybe this performance won't look so bad as the season goes on), but there is no excuse for the way a number of DT's got blown off the ball.

Crawford is a bum who played like one, he did nothing in this game and this free pass you're trying to give him is nonsense.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hopefully with Lawrence and Crawford (who are their 2 best D linemen, IMO) playing more snaps, things will improve. Still Marrinelli must have been pulling what's left of his hair out of the old mellon after that game.

Crawford?

That's hilarious!
:lmao:

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
True, now myself and I do only speak for myself I feel this unit is much better than they showed this past game. I'm not one to take a week 1 outing and start claiming how we need to change everything up. Over the course of the season we will see how this unit performs but for me I'm not going into panic state or knee jerk based on this past outing

OK, makes sense.

I'm still critical of the same defensive philosophy of the last few years, though I'll admit at times DOES look formidable, so we'll see. I'm willing to give this defense a few games to gel. We'll know a lot more over the next 3 or 4 games. Time will tell.

Last edited:

Cap12

Reaction score
Where is anything to support this off-base claim?

Crawford is a bum who played like one, he did nothing in this game and this free pass you're trying to give him is nonsense.
Crawford only played about 40% of the snaps. Of those limited snaps, he actually was used more against the pass than the run, so I'm not sure how you can assess much if any blame to him for the poor run perfomance of this team. When our most productive tackler at DT amassed only two tackles, you can be sure that the DTs did very little to slow Saquon down. The war on the run starts in the trenches and our foot soliders played like cr@p against the Giants.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Crawford only played about 40% of the snaps. Of those limited snaps, he actually was used more against the pass than the run, so I'm not sure how you can assess muc if any blame to him for the poor run perfomance of this team.

Start by pulling up the biggest Barkley run of the game. Trying to find Crawford is like playing "where's Waldo".

Now I'll challenge you to show me where Crawfor made any plays whatsoever?

Secondly, what was his stat line for playing "40% of the game"? He was a disgrace!

When our most productive tackler at DT amassed only two tackles, you can be sure that the DTs did very little to slow Saquon down. The war on the run starts in the trenches and our foot soliders played like cr@p against the Giants.

Crawford first and foremost. And your talk of trying to make excuses for him is a sham. He was an embarrassment out there, at that joke of a right defensive end position worst of all.

Cap12

Reaction score
Crawford?

That's hilarious!
:lmao:
A lot of fans don't like Crawford because of the big deal he signed several years ago, but he has been one of most talented, versatile and productive players on the DL since he came here. Is he a great pass rusher? No, buit the guy has been a steady, productive player for us. Most fans understand this.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A lot of fans don't like Crawford because of the big deal he signed several years ago, but he has been one of most talented, versatile and productive players on the DL since he came here. Is he a great pass rusher? No, buit the guy has been a steady, productive player for us. Most fans understand this.

Quit while you're behind. The farce is exposed.

And you don't speak for "most fans".

Again, give me his stats for Sunday? That should shut you up pretty quick.