The good, the bad, the ugly, and next week

CoachD

Reaction score
-The Good
* My prediction, had the Cowboys winning an ugly game 20-17 and that's what it was
* Brandon Aubrey, nope don't care if he missed his last one he's still awesome
* Holy cow the Cowboys' defense line played way more disciplined and their gap control was much improved only allowing 1.1 yards a carry
* CD Lamb played way better than last week but son enough with all the taunting
* What was that guy's name that picked off that pass at the end of the game nice pick kid
* And yes all those back up stepped up last night when they needed to well done
* Dak and the Cowboys continue their dominance over the Giants yet again, 13 and counting
* Welcome to the league Mazi Smith, he played his best game as a Cowboy
* That Luepke is sneaky and is getting better each game and he's becoming more involved each week
* Jake Ferguson is one of the best TE in the league, no surprise there
-The Bad
* Amazon Prime you suck, could you lock up anymore I had to go to the computer to watch the game
* Man the Cowboys were dropping like flies and I hope everyone is ok because the Cowboys' best players went out with injuries last night
* Did Aubrey really miss one
-The Ugly
* I've come to the conclusion that the Dallas Cowboys are addicted to penalties and they won't beat good teams with all those flags
* I will say this at least two of those holding calls on Guyton weren't penalties and yes NFL refs are still awful
* 20 points might get it done against the sorry Giants but you need more points to beat the better teams in the league
-Next week
* The Cowboys are on the road against a pretty good Steelers team and it will be a much tougher test than the Giants and the extra rest will help because the Cowboys are kinda banged up right now.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I knew Aubrey was going to miss one at some point. But he is back on track.

Penalties are killing this team. But some are really bad calls. That taunting was a BS call. I see teams doing it all the time. Worse. He must have said something the ref heard… They had to make up for the face mask that looked more like our player did it. Ref must have called the wrong number.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Things that make you go "hmmmm"

I want to see what happens with the vet stars next week. I find it odd that Diggs, Parsons, Lawrence, Martin and I think another player all pulled up in a close game yesterday with what seemed like insignificant wounds.

yeah yeah...i believe in conspiracies

if this happens next week or every other game...i will be on some grassy knoll type thinking.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Things that make you go "hmmmm"

I want to see what happens with the vet stars next week. I find it odd that Diggs, Parsons, Lawrence, Martin and I think another player all pulled up in a close game yesterday with what seemed like insignificant wounds.

yeah yeah...i believe in conspiracies

if this happens next week or every other game...i will be on some grassy knoll type thinking.
Martin got poked in the eye, but came back into the game. Stay away from the grassy knoll.

CWR

Reaction score
-The Good
* My prediction, had the Cowboys winning an ugly game 20-17 and that's what it was
* Holy cow the Cowboys' defense line played way more disciplined and their gap control was much improved only allowing 1.1 yards a carry
* What was that guy's name that picked off that pass at the end of the game nice pick kid
* Dak and the Cowboys continue their dominance over the Giants yet again, 13 and counting
* That Luepke is sneaky and is getting better each game and he's becoming more involved each week
-The Bad
* Amazon Prime you suck, could you lock up anymore I had to go to the computer to watch the game
* Man the Cowboys were dropping like flies and I hope everyone is ok because the Cowboys' best players went out with injuries last night
-The Ugly
* I've come to the conclusion that the Dallas Cowboys are addicted to penalties and they won't beat good teams with all those flags
* I will say this at least two of those holding calls on Guyton weren't penalties and yes NFL refs are still awful
* 20 points might get it done against the sorry Giants but you need more points to beat the better teams in the league
-Next week
* The Cowboys are on the road against a pretty good Steelers team and it will be a much tougher test than the Giants and the extra rest will help because the Cowboys are kinda banged up right now.
Steelers D will be more stout.

I don't know the numbers but on the surface the offenses are very similar. Fields is more dangerous on the ground than Jones but he's not a bigger passing threat. Najee is a grinder, good at what he does but not unstoppable by any means. Pickens is their biggest threat. He's Uber talented and has under performed to this point.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
-The Good
-The Bad
-The Ugly
-Next week
BAD:
Running game....51 yards through 3 quarters against the 29th ranked run defense.
inability to finish when inside the redzone...see bad running game...until running game improves we will continue to struggle inside the redzone.

Gorgon

Reaction score
-The Good
-The Bad
-The Ugly
-Next week
Good recap. Dallas D still looks full of holes to me.

Flamma

Reaction score
Our offense looked like crap this week. I'm also not a big dak fan in case people didn't know. But he was extra accurate in this game. Almost surgical. He was putting the ball in their pockets. I rip him 90% of the time. But I have to give credit where it is due.

Gorgon

Reaction score
I'll be honest. I didn't watch live on Amazon, but saw the highlights on Youtube. At times, especially on pass plays, the O-line looked very good. But because the youtube replays only show what they think are important, I'm guessing I missed a LOT of poor running plays.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Our offense looked like crap this week. I'm also not a big dak fan in case people didn't know. But he was extra accurate in this game. Almost surgical. He was putting the ball in their pockets. I rip him 90% of the time. But I have to give credit where it is due.
0AmPf9h.jpg

It should be difficult for any NFL quarterback to NOT be surgical when practically all successful completed passing attempts are 15 yards or less. Associate the same graphic to a high school quarterback's great game. How would it be described if 'surgical' was not applicable? 'Magical?'

Flamma

Reaction score
0AmPf9h.jpg

It should be difficult for any NFL quarterback to NOT be surgical when practically all successful completed passing attempts are 15 yards or less. Associate the same graphic to a high school quarterback's great game. How would it be described if 'surgical' was not applicable? 'Magical?'
I see a lot of QBs not being on target. This week Dak was placing the ball on spot. I haven't noticed this from him ever.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I see a lot of QBs not being on target. This week Dak was placing the ball on spot. I haven't noticed this from him ever.
Bold> Perhaps a comparison like the graphic, between last night's performance and other games, where it seemed he may have struggled, might shed more light on why that might be.

Flamma

Reaction score
Bold> Perhaps a comparison like the graphic, between last night's performance and other games, where it seemed he may have struggled, might shed more light on why that might be.
Overall, it's really not going to matter. We're not a very good team right now.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
0AmPf9h.jpg

The scheme is ridiculous right now, and right on que we see flashes from Turpin who can actually loosen up a defense and we put him back in the cellar for some reason.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
What if they beat the Steelers?
Don't matter. Will never trust the Dak + McCarthy combo in December and January when the light shines brightest. This is not going to magically be fixed with this roster this season.