The good.
Tyler Smith and the OLine.
Micah Parsons
The D
The game plan

The bad.
The Turnover
Giving up the score and 2pt. When you couldn't
Clock management (didn't cost us but could have)

The ugly.
Not much.

The HC is a horrible time manager. Oddly enough, me yelling at the tv doesn't help

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Did this after week one. I'll keep it rolling
The good.
Micah Parsons
The D
The game plan

The bad.
The Turnover

The ugly.
Not much.

No mention of Cooper Rush or Noah Brown?

Sydla

Reaction score
Oh no doubt, good or bad season, he will need to restructure. If he doesn't want to, then yes, most likely they move on. Heck maybe Zeke will want to move on by then.
I like Zeke, but not going to sit here and say keep him because I like him if his cap hit is detrimental to the long term success.
I will re-evaluate this and all others after the season. Not that my opinion matters.

He needs to take a paycut. Not a restructure. A restructure just lowers his cap hit but then jams even more dumb money into future years. Zeke aint' getting better so loading up future years to be bad cap hits is dumb. He's not Zach Martin, who you can kick cap hits into the future knowing that you'll still likely get upper level production from him.

He needs to accept a cut of like $8 million to his base salary next year.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He needs to take a paycut. Not a restructure. A restructure just lowers his cap hit but then jams even more dumb money into future years.

He needs to accept a cut of like $8 million to his base salary next year.

Yes by restructure, I meant a lower pay, as to what DLaw did. I have no idea what the numbers would. or should be. Too long away to even care about it right now.

Verdict

Reaction score
The good.
Micah Parsons
The D
The game plan

The bad.
The Turnover

The ugly.
Not much.
Tank’s penalty. That was a back breaker.

shabazz

Reaction score
No mention of Cooper Rush or Noah Brown?

nope……they have to imagine they had no hand in this huge win…..it’s disrespectful to their hero.

they really can’t help themselves but it’s immensely entertaining to watch it in real time

Creeper

Reaction score
On the good side, I would add that the LBs played much better this week. LVE was making tackles near the LOS in the run game and so was Barr. Last week they were both lost.

You have to credit the Cowboys for containing Chase.

Pollard had a better day this week than last.

On the bad,

I have to agree their clock management is still not great. The three yard passes with time running down inside a minute drives me crazy.

The second half offense was not very good. The Bengals made some adjustments on the DL and the Cowboys couldn't move the football.

Zeke had a worse day this week than last. I thought he missed a couple of cutbacks that might have been big plays. But Zeke runs hard and pushes the pile. Give him credit.

Diggs looks more of a giver than taker this year. Teams are clearly not afraid to throw at him and they are having a lot of success. He did make a couple of nice play in the 4th quarter but he gave up too many completions.

I never thought the Cowboys had a chance to win this game and I was pretty sure the Cowboys defense would fold at the end. But I was wrong. They were gassed after that 18 play drive but came back out and stuffed theBEngals to get the ball back. That was huge and something this team has been missing for years.

The Schultz fumble was awful for a number of reasons.

Bigtex67

Reaction score
The HC is a horrible time manager. Oddly enough, me yelling at the tv doesn't help

Huh....I have also been previously told my yelling at the TV does not help.... I feel the jury is still out on that one... LOL

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Schultz’s had a bad game beyond the drop. There was a run play where Zeke was stopped for a ~5-yard loss. The replay showed that was Schultz’s assignment and he just got flat-out beaten badly.
Hope we move on at season's end.
Hope they play our young guns so we can see if they are the answer.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Moore should get two grades. One for the first 15 minutes, one for the last 45.

Do people realize that we scored 14 points in 15 minutes and then proceeded to score only 3 points over the next 45 minutes until we kicked a FG with no time left?

LOL....I think they came in a game plan to make Coop beat them with his arm and the first two drives surprised them. They adjusted coz he did very litte until the final drive.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I don;t know about ugly but you guys should accept the reality that Zeke is just a decent back at this point and likely you are watching his last season in Dallas unless he agrees to a big pay cut.
Yeah, he’s definitely lost some quickness. He’s still somewhat effective and a good balance with him and Pollard.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score

Do people realize that we scored 14 points in 15 minutes and then proceeded to score only 3 points over the next 45 minutes until we kicked a FG with no time left?
It's textbook Moore. His game plan is set in stone once the game starts. The other team adjusts and KM doesn't

aikemirv

Reaction score
Schultz’s had a bad game beyond the drop. There was a run play where Zeke was stopped for a ~5-yard loss. The replay showed that was Schultz’s assignment and he just got flat-out beaten badly.
Yeah that was an awful play- no way I sign that guy to a big contract!

Sydla

Reaction score
Yeah, he’s definitely lost some quickness. He’s still somewhat effective and a good balance with him and Pollard.

If money/cap were no option, you could live with that rotation going forward.

But Elliott has a 17 million cap hit next year. There is no way Jerry and Stephen can bring him back at that number. And they can't restructure him. It would be complete and utter malpractice. Short of taking a massive paycut, Zeke gotta go.

Gorgon

Reaction score

Very much like the Raiders, who moved the ball easily in the first half then went totally dead.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
If money/cap were no option, you could live with that rotation going forward.

But Elliott has a 17 million cap hit next year. There is no way Jerry and Stephen can bring him back at that number. And they can't restructure him. It would be complete and utter malpractice. Short of taking a massive paycut, Zeke gotta go.
Agree 100%

8FOR!3

Reaction score
The good.
Micah Parsons
The D
The game plan

The bad.
The Turnover

The ugly.
Not much.

The fumble did it for me. The defense had been on the field forever, by the time they gave up the score and 2 point conversion they were just tired. We got conservative with our offensive play calling, couldn't get a drive together, and the second we started adjusting and getting a drive together Schultz does what he did.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Noah Brown/Cooper Rush Chemistry - Good
Dalton Schultz bad game then injured - Bad
Inability to step on the opponent's throat - Ugly

Now let's go do what we do to divisional opponents, put a forty burger on them. :grin:

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
The good:
Noah Brown balled out when we needed him.
Rush looked good challenging downfield when KM let him.
Tyler Smith held up VERY well against some pretty decent DEs. I was dead wrong about him, that dude is a keeper.
REs feasted. Armstrong was awesome. Fowler was awesome. Sam Williams did well.
Micah Parsons is like Derrick Thomas round two.
Diggs held his own against one of the baddest dudes in the game.
Safeties didn't give up any big shots over the top.
Maher nailed two 50 yard kicks, on a day where a sluggish offense REALLY needed those points.

The bad:
CeeDee's not getting it done as a #1.
Farnoik and Biadasz look super mediocre.
DTs are still the invisible man.
DLaw had another great day run stuffing, but didn't even sniff Burrow on a day when every other Cowboys edge rusher was getting home.

The ugly:
Kellen Moore morphed into Jason Garrett as soon as we built a lead. That approach will lose us games this season.
Schultz is invisible as a receiver and is getting wrecked as a blocker.
Zeke is washed. I will cut him some slack on the YPC because the Bengals knew we were running, but he is a one-dimensional power back who can block and handle some inside dives. Zero reason why he should be getting more than 5 carries a game, zero reason why he should be starting over Pollard.