The greatness that is Brandon Aubrey

fivetwos

Reaction score
Aubrey is truly unbelievable.

Unfortunately Jerry Jones and his act have made me jaded to a sad level.

We’ve seen Folk, Bailey, and for one season Maher all go from incredibly great to a total case of the yips out of nowhere.

How exactly does that happen to one franchise in such a small period of time? Maybe karma is real Jerry.

MS17

Reaction score
Justin Tucker, Butker, Jake Elliott. Pretty good kickers.
Last year, Aubrey was perfect on all (12) his +40y attempts. He's a threat to make +60 every time he goes out there.
He could end up being the best Cowboys kicker ever. If the brainiacs in the front office pay him.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
To think just a year ago, our Cowboys were in a dilemma searching for a reasonable and reliable kicker. Out of nowhere, this undrafted young man, who grew up in the suburbs of Dallas, Texas (Plano), grew up watching the Cowboys and played soccer, decided to show up and give his kicking skills a try with a football. The rest is history...

Nav22

Reaction score
Old people always love to pretend the players were better "back in my day".

Kickers and punters blow that line of thinking straight out of the water.

NFL kickers were total garbage in the '80s and '90s compared to what these kids can do nowadays.

Doomsday77

Reaction score
Hopefully we don't settle for FG's and stay aggressive knowing we have a plan B.

Pipelayer72

Reaction score
That kick cleared the goalpost with room to spare. May have been good from 70+. My issue is that kickers are streaky. A certain other kicker the Cowboys recently let go was terrific until he missed 4 extra points in one game. I never have and never will trust kickers. Just can't do it.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

We’ve seen Folk, Bailey, and for one season Maher all go from incredibly great to a total case of the yips out of nowhere.

How exactly does that happen to one franchise in such a small period of time? Maybe karma is real Jerry.
Well thank you mr buzz kill!

:laugh:...I kid..we have no power here. Only our players have power. So players...PLAY!@

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That kick cleared the goalpost with room to spare. May have been good from 70+. My issue is that kickers are streaky. A certain other kicker the Cowboys recently let go was terrific until he missed 4 extra points in one game. I never have and never will trust kickers. Just can't do it.
So...our QBs aren;t streaky? You Trust Dak...in the most trying hard times?

Why are you holding kickers feet to the fire?

What the f!

fivetwos

Reaction score
Well thank you mr buzz kill!

:laugh:...I kid..we have no power here. Only our players have power. So players...PLAY!@
Lol nice.

Thank Jerry. I used to be extremely enthusiastic this time every year.

Not pushing to get over the hump the last three seasons has exhausted me finally.

rambo2

Reaction score

Lol

stiletto

Reaction score
119-clark-kicking-football.jpg

Superman

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Old people always love to pretend the players were better "back in my day".

Kickers and punters blow that line of thinking straight out of the water.

NFL kickers were total garbage in the '80s and '90s compared to what these kids can do nowadays.
Dude....the footballs of today are completely different now. Much lighter....when I kicked ....those balls were probably from the 60's and had been soaked in water. It was like kicking a watermelon. Wouldn't be surprised the balls they use today...they are getting 5-7 yards more carry just because the leather is thinner....and lighter....and more air is compressed into those balls. Just saying....different times.

Nav22

Reaction score
Dude....the footballs of today are completely different now. Much lighter....when I kicked ....those balls were probably from the 60's and had been soaked in water. It was like kicking a watermelon. Wouldn't be surprised the balls they use today...they are getting 5-7 yards more carry just because the leather is thinner....and lighter....and more air is compressed into those balls. Just saying....different times.
Fair points.