The guitar I'm getting ...

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Mr. Paint, Juke99 and a few others on this board who are in the know ...

This guitar is the best thing I've ever come across. It sounds great and looks awesome! If you have a music store in your area check it out.

I will own this bad boy in a couple of weeks.

Don't drool too much, ok?

http://www.schecterguitars.com/spec.asp?id=4#

Click on the guitar and enlarge this beauty ... you have to see this thing! AND it sounds twices as good as it looks. Truley the best guitar I have ever seen at this price. Sure, you can match it, but you'll pay 3 grand for it.

I'm in awe here.

DayOne1960

Old School D
Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:

This guitar is the best thing I've ever come across. It sounds great and looks awesome! If you have a music store in your area check it out.

Click on the guitar and enlarge this beauty ... you have to see this thing! AND it sounds twices as good as it looks. Truley the best guitar I have ever seen at this price. Sure, you can match it, but you'll pay 3 grand for it.

I'm in awe here.

Very nice looking instrument. Have you been playing long?

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Hot hot hot...that thing is awesome looking...

What kinda sound?

And those pearl inlays are realllly nice looking.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
DayOne1960 said:
A little bit, but i'm more of a drummer.

Sweet! What do you like to play? I can play some drums ... I've gotten pretty good over the years. I don't own a kit though, but I play my buddies a lot.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:

I'm in awe here.
I hope you're getting the blue finish.

I couldn't play with a gun to my head.

Juke is really good. I have some mp3s of stuff he sent me. One is going to be recorded by someone very recognizable.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Hot hot hot...that thing is awesome looking...

What kinda sound?

And those pearl inlays are realllly nice looking.

Dude! It plays like a dream. It has great action. And the sound is so versatile. It has a great blues, rock, jazz, metal ... there is only one way to describe this bad boy - versitile. It has Seymore and Duncan pick ups in it ... so it's definitely got a quality sound. I CAN'T BELIEVE THE PRICE! Starting at 699$ The guy said I could get it for around 599$ plus tax.

I played this through a Fender, Marshall and a Vox. All three complimented the guitar. You can't go wrong with this baby. The reviews are off the hook.

You have to go check this thing out!

I agree on the inlays. That's called the "vine of life". I already own one Schecter, but it's time for a new one. I got the one I own for Christmas when I was 14 and it was used and now it's beat to hell.

If you ever consider buying a new guitar, Juke. Keep this company in mind. They mean business and they've been around pretty long. They're just not named Fender, Gibson, Les Paul or what not ... but don't be fooled. This thing has top of the line quality.

I'm going to be like a kid with a new toy!

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I hope you're getting the blue finish.

I couldn't play with a gun to my head.

Juke is really good. I have some mp3s of stuff he sent me. One is going to be recorded by someone very recognizable.

Your point is obvious, Hos. But I'm going to have to put aside team loyalty here. The sunburst finish fits my style ... and looks the best. It's absolutely gorgeous.

I've heard Juke's stuff. I agree. He's got it going on. I learned from a guy named Larry Seyer ...

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
Dude! It plays like a dream. It has great action. And the sound is so versatile. It has a great blues, rock, jazz, metal ... there is only one way to describe this bad boy - versitile. It has Seymore and Duncan pick ups in it ... so it's definitely got a quality sound. I CAN'T BELIEVE THE PRICE! Starting at 699$ The guy said I could get it for around 599$ plus tax.

I played this through a Fender, Marshall and a Vox. All three complimented the guitar. You can't go wrong with this baby. The reviews are off the hook.

You have to go check this thing out!

I agree on the inlays. That's called the "vine of life". I already own one Schecter, but it's time for a new one. I got the one I own for Christmas when I was 14 and it was used and now it's beat to hell.

If you ever consider buying a new guitar, Juke. Keep this company in mind. They mean business and they've been around pretty long. They're just not named Fender, Gibson, Les Paul or what not ... but don't be fooled. This thing has top of the line quality.

I'm going to be like a kid with a new toy!

Now that's three different amps, indeed. For it to sound good through that wide a range of amps, it must be killer.

I am already psyched for ya!!!! There's nothing quite like getting a new guitar.

So what's the occasion?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
Your point is obvious, Hos. But I'm going to have to put aside team loyalty here. The sunburst finish fits my style ... and looks the best. It's absolutely gorgeous.

I've heard Juke's stuff. I agree. He's got it going on. I learned from a guy named Larry Seyer ...
I actually wasn't saying it because of the Boys. Just like the blue a lot.

I can play a stereo. Make you think he band is in your house. :D

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Those all look sweet... but that blue finish is especially smokin'...

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:

Thats a good deal considering the one in the link said Suggested Retail is $999.00 your talking about 40% off if you get it at 599

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
I spent some time jamming with one of these bad boys.

recorder.jpg

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
junk said:
I spent some time jamming with one of these bad boys.

recorder.jpg

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v628/cowboyszone/sign_ummm.gif I got nuthin'...

NYCowboy22

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just ordered an electric guitar package (Ibanez) and I wanted to know if there was any advice you experienced players could give a total beginner. I'm going to take a shot at teaching myself, is there any computer software or videos that are particularly good to help me get things going? My favorite guitarists are Tony Iommi and Slash just so you guys get an idea of where im trying to go.

Thanks!

NYCowboy22

Reaction score
Oh and I almost forgot, that guitar looks sweet Banned. I would personally go with the blue though.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
NYCowboy22 said:
Hey guys, I just ordered an electric guitar package (Ibanez) and I wanted to know if there was any advice you experienced players could give a total beginner. I'm going to take a shot at teaching myself, is there any computer software or videos that are particularly good to help me get things going? My favorite guitarists are Tony Iommi and Slash just so you guys get an idea of where im trying to go.

Thanks!

Congrats and welcome to the club. It's all downhill from here. :)

I think the most important aspect for a beginner it to develop your hearing. Everyone's in a rush to start playing but if you can pick out a few simple solos from an album you like and try to find the notes on your guitar, it'll help to develop your ability to hear. If you can do this while you are playing along with an instructional DVD, I think it'll help tremendously.

I can't read music...I'm clueless. Everything I learned was done by listening and then finding the notes/chords...which is something I'm proud of. On the other hand, I developed some bad habits because I didn't spend enough time building the foundation.

I think if you do a combination of both, the DVD and listening on your own, you'll have the best of both worlds.

FYI, I have an old Ibanez, circa 1980 in my collection of guitars...the thing SCREAMS.

:)

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
I've heard Juke's stuff. I agree. He's got it going on. .

Thanks.

*fingers crossed*

I'm told by my publisher that "we're getting close".

But in this industry, that could vanish over night.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Hostile said:

Thank you, you VERY LARGE human being.

See above comment to Banned for the latest news.

:)