The HC Job Is All About Romo

BlueStar22

Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;1346132 said:
Norv isn't the only guy in America who can work with QBs. You don't give Norv a job that he is obviously not qualified to do, JUST for the opportunity for him to work with Romo.

What about David Lee for Romo's QB coach? Yes, I know he's now at Arkansas, but he would have stayed and worked with Garrett being the OC. You then could have hired a competent Defensive guy like Wade Phillips, (who at least has a winning record and several playoff appearances on his resume), as your HC. Romo credits Lee with his development, but Parcells chose to demote Lee this year and take him almost totally out of the picture so he could bring his buddy Chris Palmer back and make him the QB coach.
You missed the key phrase in my post. Stop introducing logic into this...lol. "Put yourself in Jerry's shoes". Jerry likes people that he knows and trusts. You'd probably be the same way if you were making million/billion dollar decisions. While I don't agree with hiring Norv, I understand the reasoning behind the decision.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;1346132 said:
Norv isn't the only guy in America who can work with QBs. You don't give Norv a job that he is obviously not qualified to do, JUST for the opportunity for him to work with Romo.

What about David Lee for Romo's QB coach? Yes, I know he's now at Arkansas, but he would have stayed and worked with Garrett being the OC. You then could have hired a competent Defensive guy like Wade Phillips, (who at least has a winning record and several playoff appearances on his resume), as your HC. Romo credits Lee with his development, but Parcells chose to demote Lee this year and take him almost totally out of the picture so he could bring his buddy Chris Palmer back and make him the QB coach.
scary huh.

send over the memo to Valley Ranch.

the football idiot needs some cliff-notes for "how to hire a coach".

Dcz84

Reaction score
Best idea yet hire Garret as HC slap a suit on him and one of those landry hats and let him patrol the sidelines.If nothing but for shock value.:rolleyes: