Video: The Herd - extended Dak will be the most grievous error since moving on from Jimmy Johnson

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I totally agree if we pay him Franchise QB kind of money. It will cripple the franchise for years. The guy hasn't proven anything yet.

We already gave one QB a 100 million dollar deal that didn't deserve it....and we saw the consequences. Yet...we are gonna do it again...to another guy that deserves it even less.

You just can't make this crap up.:laugh:

GenoT

Reaction score
Just like keeping Garrett past his expiration date, Dak’s gonna get at least one big contract outta Jerry.

Take it to the bank!

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
From their perspective on extending Dak, I agree 100%. However, if Dak could be extended at an acceptable value, I think it makes sense to do so. Jerry should view him as the back up and value him as a such. If that doesn't work for Dak, then you part ways.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Not too long ago I remember Cowherd talking up Dak as the next great one and how much better he is than Cam Newton; especially as a leader; etc.

Now he's on the Dak Sux train and it's actually comical. Never heard an "I was wrong"; just jump on the bandwagon. Personally, I see Dak's play as a problem, but it's a problem that can be solved with better coaching and a better offensive system.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
You traded a 2 for drew Henson. I’d extend Dak all the live long day than ever do that again. Two 1’s for Galloway was also worse... those ended up being 5-11 1st round picks

None of those would be 1/100 the screw up extending Dak would be. Unless you're talking a small deal to be a backup.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
None of those would be 1/100 the screw up extending Dak would be. Unless you're talking a small deal to be a backup.

You could do a medium deal, still draft a new qb and cut Dak in 2 years. Basically what NYJ did with Sanchez after he started sucking. Not the end of the world. But trading 2 top 10 potential franchise qb first round picks for a declining wr? How is that not absolutely disastrous?

Thomas82

Reaction score
Good then you pay him to hang around.....we need the Cap $$$$ for players that can help us win....thks!!

What I'm saying is, we have him for at least one more year under his current contract. If we get some new coaches in there next year and Dak still can't get it done, then let him go.

aaev84

Reaction score
In all fairness with blaming the coaching... At least with Romo most always felt Dallas had a good shot to win any game. Games were competitive and it was moreso about the defense than the offense in regards to weakness. This is also with the same coaching staff. Every year with Romo, it seemed the consensus here was the cowboys always had a shot to win it all. All the receivers looked much better. I just dont understand. You can always change a play call at the line, and change up what you want the receivers to run route wise and the protections... so by coaching and scheme, how does it completely debilitate Dak from being effective?

Kevinicus

Reaction score
You could do a medium deal, still draft a new qb and cut Dak in 2 years. Basically what NYJ did with Sanchez after he started sucking. Not the end of the world. But trading 2 top 10 potential franchise qb first round picks for a declining wr? How is that not absolutely disastrous?

Two top 10 picks? One was pick 19. And "potential"is the key word there. Giving Dak a contract would be a guaranteed disaster. The odds of Dallas getting a top QB with either the 19th or 7th pick respectively is minimal.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What I'm saying is, we have him for at least one more year under his current contract. If we get some new coaches in there next year and Dak still can't get it done, then let him go.

Hate wasting another year on Dak-Kill.....it would make it 3 years of being home for the playoffs....oh well Life is life ...GL to us.....thks

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In all fairness with blaming the coaching... At least with Romo most always felt Dallas had a good shot to win any game. Games were competitive and it was moreso about the defense than the offense in regards to weakness. This is also with the same coaching staff. Every year with Romo, it seemed the consensus here was the cowboys always had a shot to win it all. All the receivers looked much better. I just dont understand. You can always change a play call at the line, and change up what you want the receivers to run route wise and the protections... so by coaching and scheme, how does it completely debilitate Dak from being effective?

When Romo was our QB at least we could score......

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Only way Dak is getting 100 million plus is if he kidnaps one of the Jones family members..:lmao:...not even Jerry is that Drunk or Goofy....:eek:

I would have never thought he would give Romo 100 million...but he did. In his mind...the going rate for a starting QB in the NFL is 25 Mil a year. Dak Prescott is the Cowboys starting QB...hence he deserves the contract.

That's the backward logic we are dealing with here...:popcorn:

Not that he sucks...and he keeps turning the ball over...We need a starting QB...and you look like the new age prototype. So get in there.:thumbup: