Video: The Herd - extended Dak will be the most grievous error since moving on from Jimmy Johnson

mrmojo

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Only way Dak is getting 100 million plus is if he kidnaps one of the Jones family members..:lmao:...not even Jerry is that Drunk or Goofy....:eek:
I dont know....this is a man whose paid more for less

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
After what we have seen so far? I don't see how you can argue to the contrary.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
We have no idea what the cap figure is. Just assumptions that it is going to be huge.

Well when the owner GM says the QB will get extended in the middle of a long stretch of bad QB play...he's not talking a small contract.

Dodger12

Reaction score
You traded a 2 for drew Henson. I’d extend Dak all the live long day than ever do that again. Two 1’s for Galloway was also worse... those ended up being 5-11 1st round picks

It was a 3rd for Henson. I'd do that all day every day at that price (which is cheap) to try and find a franchise QB. I'd do that 100 times rather than be married to Prescott.

SackMaster

Reaction score
Really? Most grievous error? Worse that Joey Galloway and Roy Williams?
I'm like 99% sure that Nick's comments follows into at least one of the following categories:
  • Click Bait / Shock Value
    • Knowing that the Dak Haters would link to it as a "I told you so" confirmation
    • Dak supporters would come out in droves to point out some of Jerry's past blunders
  • This Generations thought process that if it is not the best, it has to be the worst
    • Just look at the view points of most movies in today's day and age
    • Very few things today can not be widely considered "good" without being the best ever
    • Just like if something is bad, it must be the worst ever
Not saying that extending Dak could not be a colossal mistake as it all depends on the deal itself, but it would have to take a massively colossal mistake to be the most grievous error post Jimmy Johnson.

Just SMH

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Top Ten Grievous Errors

10. Giving up 1st round for Cooper
9. 2nd round pick for Gregory
8. Firing Gailey
7. Hiring Switzer beginning puppet era
6. Naming Garrett “ Future of Cowboys”
5. Running Bill off a year too early
4. Trade for Roy Williams
3. Trade for Galloway
2. Booting Romo for Dak
1. Firing Jimmy

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I think the most practical thing to do is:

1) Bring in a new head coach who brings in his own coordinators/assistants.
2) Keep Dak one more year on his rookie contract.
3) Bring in some veteran with starting ability like a Ryan Fitzpatrick (someone of his caliber/experience).
4a) Either do all we can to get a rookie QB (could be hard since we traded our 1st) OR
4b) Wait (suck) another year while we see if Dak is the future and (if not) draft a blue chip QB in the early 1st round in 2020.

The Natural

Reaction score
Colin Coward used to be all up on dak's cizzock now he's calling him Blake Bortles