Video: The Herd: Trade Amari Cooper

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I really like how people cling to Cowherd when his job is to come up with something to talk about every single day so he's going to be all over the place all the time to fill space.

Guaranteed, they trade Amari and he'll have an entire day about how it was a mistake.

:hammer:.......I wouldn't be giving him away...that's for sure. That would be worse than just cutting Taco. You just can't continue to burn through #1 picks....and have nothing to show for it.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
:hammer:.......I wouldn't be giving him away...that's for sure. That would be worse than just cutting Taco. You just can't continue to burn through #1 picks....and have nothing to show for it.

Agree.. You gotta get compensation for him.

If you were going to take an L on him the time to do it was before we signed him. We could’ve just let him walk.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Should never have signed him. Stuck with him now.

He seems like one of the guys destined to have a soft tissue injury and go on IR. I can see him tweaking a hamstring while getting blown out sunday night and then not playing again all year.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Next year Dallas would have over 8 million in dead money.

This does not work for Dallas with any team.

So what. This organization is not winning anything anytime soon. Might as well deal in reality and get on with building a new team.

John813

Reaction score
Unless a team is desperate, there's no rush to simply trade him off to acquire a draft pick.

Our squeeze at WR won't come to fruition till 2022.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So what. This organization is not winning anything anytime soon. Might as well deal in reality and get on with building a new team.

I heard Greenberg on the radio saying he expects Dak & Zeke to not be on the team next season and he thinks the team blows it up.

He said that 1 of the reasons is they did not expect for the Cap to not rise in 2021.

The other.. They are just terrible and they need a ton.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Amari is the best wr on the team and still very young. This is a dumb take by a dumb individual

Cooper is our only WR with speed. Only one teams have to double. He and Lamb make a good complementary pair.

Peak Gallup was 2 weeks ago. Trade him while there's still some afterglow left, and before teams start thinking Gallup is more like a WR3 than a WR1. Cedrick Wilson is producing. That doesn't make Gallup look like a high end product.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
He said that 1 of the reasons is they did not expect for the Cap to not rise in 2021.

If the cap collapses, that does change everything. It's time to get out of free agent contracts premised on an ever expanding cap, and get yourself as many picks as you can.

One guy who is sure to know where the league is going financially - Jerry.

conner01

Reaction score
Amari is a player you keep.

Plus I heard somewhere he may have a no trade clause in his contract for the first 2 years.

Amari likes being a Cowboy, he's talented, young and productive.

A good teammate too.
Except his contract was structured to cut him after next year
He is our best received
But he might get you a pick that helps you build a winning team
We aren’t one player away, we need several good young players to build a defense.

conner01

Reaction score
If the cap collapses, that does change everything. It's time to get out of free agent contracts premised on an ever expanding cap, and get yourself as many picks as you can.

One guy who is sure to know where the league is going financially - Jerry.
Exactly

conner01

Reaction score
The NFL is all about offense, so the Cowboys should trade Cooper. Makes sense. Great video.

:facepalm:
Amari base salary doubles next year
He is our best receiver but he’s very expensive and has trade value
I think some think building a competitive defense makes up for the loss of Cooper
And Lamb has played well but will get better with experience