Video: The Herd: Trade Amari Cooper

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
Talent matters BUT it has to fit in the cap. Now what does proven players who have produced have to do with weakening a position?
I’m referring to CATCH17’s preferred strategy of not paying any player on a second contract if they aren’t the consensus best player at their position. Even if they happen to still be a stud and might be the consensus second best player at their position. If that player wants a comparable contract to the top rated consensus player, well, that’s too expensive!! SALARY CAP!

At that point, according to him, you let that player walk and HOPE you acquire a better player in the draft because you know...salary cap blah, blah, blah.

He’d turn the roster over every 2-4 years until at some point he had the best player at every position playing on rookie contracts because of hope lol

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yep. Also, this dude posts Cowherd videos to support his terrible takes. He might be Cowherd himself with as much as he posts that clown.

Remember, Dalton was not going to be a big drop off from Dak. And he posted the Cowherd video as support. :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

If we could protect him at all and not fumble the ball and turn the ball over he would've been fine. Just like the Giants game where he went 9 for 11 and 111 yards and drove us down the field to win the game.

I'm watching Lamb drop passes, Gallup drop passes, Zeke fumbling, and a Oline that gives the QB no protection and everyone is like HAHA told you Dalton sucks!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Would this crush our cap?

GB does NOT need a WR to be honest. Lazard is their #2 and they have a good young TE in Tonyan and they already have Adams as the #1. They also run the ball a lot and throw a lot to their backs. If anything, they need a quality #3. That's about it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If we could protect him at all and not fumble the ball and turn the ball over he would've been fine. Just like the Giants game where he went 9 for 11 and 111 yards and drove us down the field to win the game.

I'm watching Lamb drop passes, Gallup drop passes, Zeke fumbling, and a Oline that gives the QB no protection and everyone is like HAHA told you Dalton sucks!

Gotta love all the excuses and defending of the horrid Dalton when the shoe is on the other foot. But when its Dak, its a difference story.

You have been exposed again.

FYI……………..Zeke was fumbling, there was no protection and there were picks with Dak as well and we were averaging 37 points a game despite all that.

conner01

Reaction score
Thats been my perspective since the triplets retired. I don't root for individual players. They are interchangeable pawns. I root for the team to win. As far as I'm concerned, they can take the names off the back of the jerseys.
I still have my favorites but I’m also a realist
The players will always come and go
And the days of keeping that guy are over
That guy gets too expensive
It was hard to see Emmitt walk and Ware walk
But that’s the way the league works
Love them when they are here then wish them the best when they go
Because they will all go eventually

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Gotta love all the excuses and defending of the horrid Dalton when the shoe is on the other foot. But when its Dak, its a difference story.

You have been exposed again.

FYI……………..Zeke was fumbling, there was no protection and there were picks with Dak as well and we were averaging 37 points a game despite all that.

Well.. I've constantly said Dak needs a lot around him. It's your ability to comprehend that's been exposed.

My problem with Dak has always been the money he wants and all the things around him that we need to provide. But go on..

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well.. I've constantly said Dak needs a lot around him. It's your ability to comprehend that's been exposed.

My problem with Dak has always been the money he wants and all the things around him that we need to provide. But go on..
But he’s never had a great team around him.....he needs the same stuff Mahomes needs. A solid special teams, solid offensive line, solid run game and game breakers at receiver.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yep. Also, this dude posts Cowherd videos to support his terrible takes. He might be Cowherd himself with as much as he posts that clown.

Remember, Dalton was not going to be a big drop off from Dak. And he posted the Cowherd video as support. :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
I’m convinced Cowherd is a poster from this site. His takes are terrible.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Sure genius.........and what other great QB's dont have great talent around them?

AGAIN you show you dont understand football.

Hell Dak had a bad oline this year and still he was putting up record breaking numbers. He doesnt need Zeke, thats for sure. He was playing with marginal at best TE's.

Just face facts, you have no clue what you are talking about.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Dak has been was on his rookie deal for 4 years and you still hated Dak. You have NOW been exposed as a total and complete liar!!!!!!

Sandyf

Reaction score
This is why Cowherd is a talking head and not a GM. No way Dallas can afford to cut for at least 2 more years.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I’m referring to CATCH17’s preferred strategy of not paying any player on a second contract if they aren’t the consensus best player at their position. Even if they happen to still be a stud and might be the consensus second best player at their position. If that player wants a comparable contract to the top rated consensus player, well, that’s too expensive!! SALARY CAP!

At that point, according to him, you let that player walk and HOPE you acquire a better player in the draft because you know...salary cap blah, blah, blah.

He’d turn the roster over every 2-4 years until at some point he had the best player at every position playing on rookie contracts because of hope lol

With his plan by the time every position is filled some or most would be to old to count so it would be a never ending revolving door and a forever a losing team. Tthat kind of thinking sounds like someone in the 5 years old range.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

There is no excuse for Elliott and his fumbles and there has not been a receiver in the NFL yet that has never drop a pass and except for Martin Prescott had the same offensive line and was on pace to SHATTER the NFL passing yardage record and last but certainly not least in that giants game if Gallup didn't make a couple of really great athletic circus catches the Cowboys would have lost that game. Even before those two catches on a 3rd down pass he had to dive into the turf to catch a 12 yard pass because of Dalton's poor accuracy.

I know you'll come back with some other lame excuses that I'll just ignore.

exciter

Reaction score
It makes sense when you have a wealth of resources at WR - in Dallas we have Cooper, Gallup, Lamb, Wilson, Brown - yea Cooper is good but he is also the guy who disappears on the road. Plus Gallup and Lamb will continue to grow along with Wilson. Our problem on the team is the woeful defense and the desperate need to build a proper defensive line and a secondary that has legit Safeties - you know, something we haven't seen around here since Woodson retired.
Lol! Wilson and Brown. When you have to come out ridiculous to make your narrative, maybe your narrative isn’t worth making. If Wilson and Brown were such a wealth of receiver then why hasn’t there been any push to trade either!

Flamma

Reaction score
Idk man, did you watch the GB/TB game? I think at this point these are probably the two best team in the NFC, with teams like the Cards/Rams/‘Hawks not far behind them. TB really took it to GB’s receivers. They couldn’t get any separation and even Rodgers couldn’t work his magic. I’m not saying Cooper would be the player to make a difference necessarily, but GB REALLY needs a stud wide out because they likely will have to face TB again. I agree that acquiring WR’s aren’t typically players that generate SB contention for a team on the cusp but they can make that difference occasionally. Think TO in Philly and Moss in NE. Those two made huge impacts.

Yes. I watched that entire game and it's the reason I said what I did. But I'm still not entirely sure that my assessment is correct, and here's why.

Rodgers on several occasions was set upon like flies to a fresh steaming pile. I'm not sure Cooper would have made any difference in that game. But that sort of thing is hard to tell. I can only go by what I see. But in most cases if your OL isn't holding up, it doesn't matter what WRs you have. But hey, I could be totally wrong, I just think the odds are in my favor.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Amari is a player you keep.

Plus I heard somewhere he may have a no trade clause in his contract for the first 2 years.

Amari likes being a Cowboy, he's talented, young and productive.

A good teammate too.

If we were going to trade any receiver, Gallup would make more sense. He's under contract for only one more year.

However, I'd rather hold on to both of them. Next year, when Dak is back and when Lamb has had more time to develop, having those three receivers could prove to be much more vital than in this lost year. If we start off playing just as poorly, then we can trade Gallup before the deadline if we get the right offer.