Video: The Herd: Who’s America’s Team?

shabazz

Reaction score
61qKc7%2BEjoL._SX425_.jpg

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Of course we’d all like more Superbowls or at least some more playoff wins in the last 20!! years.

But despite the non winning, hatred by many fans, and some in the media we’re America’s Team.

Coward says it well: “The Cowboys Rule”

The title has evolved over time. Originally it revolved around the success on the field and national following. Now it’s more about the tv viewership and ratings.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I didn't care about the "America's Team" thing when I was a kid in the 70s and I sure don't care about it now.

Seems odd to me that any grown man takes some sort of pride in the moniker. :muttley:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys own the rights to it. It's a dumb discussion. Starts and Stops at Cowboys own the rights
Owning the rights to a slogan doesn't make what the slogan says accurate. The fact the Cowboys are still so financially successful really says more about whether the slogan is accurate than having the ownership rights.

Elusiv1

Reaction score
John Facenda said it best "As the 4th Quarter begins Denvers Defense needed a restoration job from Norris Weese, what it got instead was a demoliton job from the Doomsday defense" the Cowboys will and always will be Americas team..The star on the helmet alone is the symbol of american football just like a slice of the best damn apple pie your taste buds will ever savor. These millennials and sportscasters can all go kick rocks with flip flops .If not for the Cowboys they wouldn't have anything to talk about win or lose!!!lol

Last edited:

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
The title has evolved over time. Originally it revolved around the success on the field and national following. Now it’s more about the tv viewership and ratings.
I’ve been to games in St. Louis, Cincinnati, Tennessee, and Indy and there have been as many and in some cases more Cowboys fans by my estimate.

Last year in Indy I’d guess it was 60% Dallas. I think that’s a good indicator of a strong national following.

Hardline

Reaction score
I couldn't care less about the term "America's Team".
Any team that wants it is free to take it.

All its done for the Cowboys is paint a bigger target on their backs.