The hosts on 103.3 Dallas radio suggested trading Tank to the Colts

75boyz

Reaction score
I mean, say what you will, but Dak, Luck and Peyton are the only QBs EVER to throw 22+ TD passes each of their first three seasons. Not Brady. Not Brees. Not Rodgers. Not Big Ben.
I mean no personal disrespect and don't have quantifiable Brees data in front of me but outside of Brees who had the shoulder thing early on in his San Diego stint, are you literally comparing how Brady Ben and Rodgers looked as overall 4th yr QBs compared to Dak?
Or are you (hopefully) just making an arbitrary raw data stat comment?

I am not a paid scout but my eye ball test is fairly accurate as a layman.

Lets just say Prescott's ceiling is not very close in the neighborhood of the likes of these 4...

If you can agree to that I'll at least know you genuinely watch the same guy I do on Sundays.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Wouldn't mind this one bit

Me either. Tank has played well for the Cowboys, but we also know his injury history. He also disappeared in the Rams’ playoff game.

If this could be pulled off as written, you bring in a younger stud on the defensive line on a rookie contract. I’m all for it. Ain’t happening though.

Ddisco22

Reaction score
I hope this can be put here.

On the radio around 5pm today the hosts were speaking about what the Cowboys could and would do. One of the guys spoke about an off season moves by the Cowboys and this is what they suggest.

Dallas signs and trades Tank to the Colts.

In return the Colts send their #1 pick which is the 26th pick. They also get the Colt's second round pick traded to them by the Jets, which is the 34th pick.

There may have been a swap of the 58th pick Dallas and the 59th pick Colts.

However, and this was something I didn't catch the first part, but it goes something like this.

Dallas trades the 1st and 2nd picks they received, and something next year - suggested a 3rd, to move up to 10 or 9, and their target is:

http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/college/Houston_logo.gif Ed Oliver, DT , Houston (The 9th pick for the Bills was listed by Walters, so this is why you see them here.)

Buffalo really needs a No. 1 wide receiver for Josh Allen, but there isn't one worthy of this pick. The Bills also could use a difference-maker at the point of attack and a long-term building block for their defensive line. Oliver would be a good scheme fit for Sean McDermott.

Oliver is extremely fast, and a very twitchy athlete with a good motor and the ability to get after the quarterback. However for the NFL, the 6-foot-1, 287-pounder is vastly undersized and really is the size of a defensive tackle designated pass-rusher - DPR. He could be limited to being a three-technique in a 4-3 defense due to not having the length or weight for a 3-4 defensive line position. Thus, some sources think Oliver could end up being a mid-first-round pick rather than a high first-rounder.

Oliver totaled 54 tackles with 14.5 tackles for a loss, three sacks, one forced fumble and two passes batted in 2018. In 2017, he recorded 73 tackles with 16.5 tackles for a loss, 5.5 sacks, three passes batted and two forced fumbles. Oliver dominated at the point of attack in 2016, starting from his debut game against Oklahoma. All season, the freshman overwhelmed offensive linemen with his quickness, athletic ability, and physicality. He totaled 66 tackles with 22.5 tackles for a loss, five sacks, three forced fumbles and nine passes batted on the year.

Now the people speaking stated Dallas is VERY interested in this player and would do anything to get him. (Their words quoting an inside source who may own a bakery.)

They (Cowboys) think this guy is the real deal and could offset losing Lawrence. They also said ET is then a serious move for the team

Now I don't know who was speaking, but these guys got really excited about this. They think this kid will be a road block for the opposition's running game. They also believe this would allow them to sign Dak and Zeke and Cooper.

One of the comments is he is one big muscle and perhaps has the lowest body fat of any defensive tackle in the NFL. But they also said he is not a nose tackle.

Again, I hope this doesn't violate the rules because this contains a draft pick.

Footnote: I have nothing to do with this idea, so avoid hitting the reply button to tell me I am a complete imbecile.

1. I am repeating what I heard and have offered no opinion on it.

2. Unless you just joined this site, it has been established that I am a complete imbecile years ago.

Risen Star would never be redundant and bring up my utter imbecility.

Be like Risen Star.
And you're still missing a guy on the other side. Trade d-law???
This is nuts!

AKATheRake

Reaction score
I would take those picks in a heartbeat and am not against moving up either. But I'm not moving up for Ed Oliver.

With how deep the D-Line is in this draft, we can do a lot towards rebuilding the whole d-line which is what we'd have to do moving Lawrence.

Us having a 1st and (2) 2nd's could net us 3 young talented players to build it around. You would also have to believe Taco is coming up where Lawrence played whether we think he's a burn out or not.

Now after us getting absolutely no pressure on the Colts when we played them, what makes them want DLaw so bad? Because Eberflus is the DC there and they have the cap space?

AKATheRake

Reaction score
how about Dak for Luck. I read how Dak is the best in the NFL. The colts might have to give ten's of millions to get him plus Luck. The we don't have to worry about signing Dak
..Could save money for Tank

I can't believe Dak Prescott is probably going to be making more money than Andrew Luck once his new contract gets done.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Of course, there’s only one safety Cowboys fans want to hear about, and that’d be Earl Thomas – the All-Pro who has been discussed endlessly since he famously told Jason Garrett to “come get me” almost a year and a half ago.

Thomas is finally a free agent after a long, slow breakup with the Seattle Seahawks. In an ideal situation, it’s hard to imagine he’s not the Cowboys’ top target at a position of need.

Again, it’ll go back to money, though. Thomas is seeking to become the highest-paid safety in the NFL on what might be the final contract of his career. And with reports that the Houston Texans are willing to pay Mathieu up to $9.5 million per year, it feels plausible that Thomas can make it happen.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/answering-the-biggest-free-agency-questions

Cost will mean everything to the Cowboys. They don’t like to spend big money in free agency as a general rule, and that’s an even bigger sticking point when they have four or five massive contracts to figure out for the likes of DeMarcus Lawrence, Dak Prescott, Amari Cooper and others.

boysfaninMI

Reaction score
Sure I'd do it and so would most GOOD GM's in this league. But as RS said above....our FO won't do it. Too creative for them. Like I said earlier, Nepotism sucks. That's the main reason we've been stuck in neutral for 23 years guys.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tank needs shoulder surgery and a huge contract. Nobody is giving up 2 top 34 picks for him. He has no trade value.

conner01

Reaction score
I would not be opposed to this, especially if DLaw is being unreasonable in his demands.

The fact that we could then have the money to pay ET would make this even a better deal.

So yeah, I would pull the trigger on this if its legit.
It’s unreasonable for Dlaw to be in the top tier but it’s not to pay an older ET the highest at his position
The colts aren’t doing a deal like that
The colts are very much like Dallas in their approach
They had the second most money last year and passed on high dollar guys

Eddie

Reaction score
Why would the Colts make this one sided trade ???

Madden would reject it.

75boyz

Reaction score
So no real source, got it. I don't know what's sillier. Those that would claim he's the best or those who pay any attention to the idea.

Extremely well said, and to which I will definitely take heed because in my weak moments I do allow the idea of this said nonsense to bother me. Good reminder post bro. Keeps me grounded lol :)

conner01

Reaction score
Me either. Tank has played well for the Cowboys, but we also know his injury history. He also disappeared in the Rams’ playoff game.

If this could be pulled off as written, you bring in a younger stud on the defensive line on a rookie contract. I’m all for it. Ain’t happening though.
The rams should cut Donald
He disappeared in that game too