The hunt for Bigfoot

dsturgeon

Reaction score
I believe it is a 100% true, but if you just take it on a historical viewpoint, the Biblical history and migration of men is accurate. What is also in the Biblical record are giants, hybrids, lion men of moab, mount seer, and all sorts of stuff.

I have never seen bigfoot, and I don't believe a lot of the accounts about it, but it is not hard for me to believe there could be bigfoots. There are giant skeletons all over the world. If you don't take in cave wall paintings and such, there are tons of old newspaper articles talking about giant skeletons. So, the leap to there being harry ones is not very far.

Big_D

Reaction score
I believe it is a 100% true, but if you just take it on a historical viewpoint, the Biblical history and migration of men is accurate. What is also in the Biblical record are giants, hybrids, lion men of moab, mount seer, and all sorts of stuff.

I have never seen bigfoot, and I don't believe a lot of the accounts about it, but it is not hard for me to believe there could be bigfoots. There are giant skeletons all over the world. If you don't take in cave wall paintings and such, there are tons of old newspaper articles talking about giant skeletons. So, the leap to there being harry ones is not very far.

plus there are thousands of miles of unexplored cavern systems in the mountains and forests in the Pacific Northwest. I don’t doubt there’s something there, just maybe not the Harry and the Henderson’s version of the creature that people imagine it to be.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
plus there are thousands of miles of unexplored cavern systems in the mountains and forests in the Pacific Northwest. I don’t doubt there’s something there, just maybe not the Harry and the Henderson’s version of the creature that people imagine it to be.

It could be cool if they could find a previously undiscovered species when exploring those areas. If they did, I'd just doubt it would be some kind of huge primate. The logistics just don't support that kind of animal, but I wouldn't be surprised if they found some kind of different bird species or maybe some kind of worm or spider that was previously unknown. If they did find an unknown giant primate, that would be a major discovery.

Big_D

Reaction score
It could be cool if they could find a previously undiscovered species when exploring those areas. If they did, I'd just doubt it would be some kind of huge primate. The logistics just don't support that kind of animal, but I wouldn't be surprised if they found some kind of different bird species or maybe some kind of worm or spider that was previously unknown. If they did find an unknown giant primate, that would be a major discovery.

that would be amazing. I definitely think there are species out there that have not been discovered.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I have a friend who believes in Bigfoot, and she finally saw him one day after several years of regular searching. She said he was about 25 feet away, staring her down. She said it was the most terrifying experience of her life, and she hopes to never see one again.

The couple times she’s talked about it, she’s started tearing up. Whatever it was must have been a truly awful experience.

nobody

Reaction score
The chances of a primate that size remaining undiscovered in the U.S. is about the same or less as Mokele-mbembe being a pygmy dinosaur alive in Africa.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I have a super hard time believing that they could exist and never be found. Even as sparsely populated as the Pacific Northwest is, it's still populated throughout with plenty of people wandering around. I live in Idaho and have had plenty of time in the backwoods and I have yet to see anything remotely close to making me believe sasquatch exist. I suppose anything is possible, that maybe they're incredibly efficient at not being detected, but I doubt it. Even a smooth criminal one day must get caught.

With all that said, I do find the Patterson–Gimlin film quite interesting.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
I have a super hard time believing that they could exist and never be found. Even as sparsely populated as the Pacific Northwest is, it's still populated throughout with plenty of people wandering around. I live in Idaho and have had plenty of time in the backwoods and I have yet to see anything remotely close to making me believe sasquatch exist. I suppose anything is possible, that maybe they're incredibly efficient at not being detected, but I doubt it. Even a smooth criminal one day must get caught.

With all that said, I do find the Patterson–Gimlin film quite interesting.
What if they are skin walkers shape shifters that can look like anything they want to

Them

Reaction score
jQXR6C6.jpg

...I agree with some that say..."Where is the "evidence" after all this time?"...it's only circumstantial...tracks, bedding sites, howls in the night, knocking sounds, fuzzy pictures, campfire stories. Where are the bones, the body, the live captures, or even the DNA evidence? Unless they are some sort of "interdimensional creature," which would explain their elusiveness. I find it hard to believe in their existence personally!

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
There is simply zero evidence of it. The idea seems interesting but there's nothing but straight up BS. And the amount of crazy people making claims doesn't help the case. There's always the possibility that something exists that we don't yet understand, but I find it ridiculous to believe that there is a sustainable community of Squatch that has never been caught, killed, or anything. There's literally nothing. No fossils, no DNA, no credible evidence. I've yet to hear a realistic argument.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I do get a kick out of the folks who are seriously into it, there's a few organizations. Not to be a jerk, but I laugh a lot at the craziness. There's a show called "Finding Bigfoot" but the thing they never find anything. It's a bunch of loud rednecks hooping & hollering in the woods with the Blair Witch video technique, shaking all over the place. I've yet to find a show I deem legit. There's a couple movies that are actually decent, but the vast majority are insanely cheesy. And that is sort of entertaining. Willow Creek by Bobcat Goldthwait was surprisingly good.

Reaction score
i would think if a credible sighting of big foot was made, we'd hear all about it on the news, etc. and well before some goofy docu reality show.