The hunt for Bigfoot

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
When it comes to remote spooky places, the most dangerous animal you'll encounter is MAN. I don't worry about animals much. Even hiked the backcountry of Canada, Montana and Alaska in bear country in spring/summer and never had a problem. But honestly? Having a girl with me I was armed with a large gun - and not for bears - well hidden but in easy reach. North American wilderness has a bad rep (including Canada) and deservedly so. Horrid killer creature called MAN can still be found in the most remote places. My many TX remote river canoe expeditions were especially in need of weapons due to the proximity of road crossings and nearby towns and cabins you can't see from the river. The Brazos and Village Creek were absolutely "Deliverance-like" and if the gangs of backwoods bogans we ran into hadn't seen our weapons, there's no telling what would've happened. Caddo lake has got some great bass fishing, but go armed. We always armed down here on Robicheaux Bayou so we do it just the same anywhere else.
Note - don't be camping rough on NM forest roads. Trust me on that. You may not wake up. Had some guys try to set us up there once. We didn't fall for the "broken car trick", and when he reached to shake my hand, he saw me pull by Browning from behind my back and put it my holster under my shirt. He said "that's cool brother" and backed away. The two would-be rapists walked back to their "broken" car just in sight down the road and DROVE away - and we immediately left NM never to return. (I had my BADGE too but didn't show them that.)
Wilderness and remote areas can be fun and beautiful, but never let your guard down, and never go unarmed.
95% of NM is like being in Mad Max. Once you get past Las Cruces on 10, or 25 all bets are off.
Never seen so much insanity in one state.

Corso

Reaction score
I was a youngster when the Patterson film was released...

But I did go see "Legend of Boggy Creek" and it remains of my theater-going highlights of my life.

I think it would be magnificent if there was proof such a creature existed, but like others have mentioned, the lack of recovering even the skeletal remains of such a creature seems to indicate that it does not exist.
The sequel was awful, but it did have 2 really cute girls and you could tell the director/writer/star/producer (he couldn't even spread the blame) was milking it for all he could.

Corso

Reaction score
I have always wondered why they call it "bigfoot" and not "bigfeet"?

Is it because it only had one big foot? or only leaves one big foot print?

I mean presumably if it has one big foot, it would have two big feet, so it makes more sense to call it "bigfeet" at least to me.
Probably because "researchers" generally only find one foot print on their outings like it just showed up on one foot and then teleported away.
That's my guess.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The sequel was awful, but it did have 2 really cute girls and you could tell the director/writer/star/producer (he couldn't even spread the blame) was milking it for all he could.

I remember Dawn Wells was in one of the sequels. She also appeared in Pierce's "The Town that Dreaded Sundown" (the story of the Texarkanna "Phantom" killer).

Corso

Reaction score

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ah yes. I was thinking of the second sequel:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boggy_Creek_II:_And_the_Legend_Continues

Cindy Butler, who was in this, was also in The Town That Dreaded Sundown IIRC.

As a film-maker I have to give Charles B. Pierce credit... He wasn't exactly in Los Angeles or NYC, but there he was in Arkansas, and he made "lemonade out of lemons".

For an act that was so heinous, the folks in Texarkana have adopted the "Sundown" film– and it's not a bad film.

And "Boggy Creek?" My gosh how many horror films has it influenced over the decades.

I tip my hat to him. Many would complain about their station in life and how they had such grand aspirations if they weren't "there" but here's a guy who didn't let that stop him.

Corso

Reaction score
As a film-maker I have to give Charles B. Pierce credit... He wasn't exactly in Los Angeles or NYC, but there he was in Arkansas, and he made "lemons out of lemonade".

For an act that was so heinous, the folks in Texarkana have adopted the "Sundown" film– and it's not a bad film.

And "Boggy Creek?" My gosh how many horror films has it influenced over the decades.

I tip my hat to him. Many would complain about their station in life and how they had such grand aspirations if they weren't "there" but here's a guy who didn't let that stop him.
Completely agree.