The Ice Bowl record could be threatened on Saturday

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I would agree when the elements make the game unplayable, yet they still play. Remember back, probably over 10 years ago, the Dolphins played the Steelers in the ridiculous wind and rain in London. It ended 3-0. That wasn't a football game. I think playing in the elements is cool. But you still have to be able to play.
I dont.... the elements are clearly impacting this game.... and like I said, I personally dont like it.As a spectator, an indoor game would be much more enjoyable to watch with the chiefs and dolphins than this crap.

Flamma

Reaction score
I dont.... the elements are clearly impacting this game.... and like I said, I personally dont like it.As a spectator, an indoor game would be much more enjoyable to watch with the chiefs and dolphins than this crap.
I don't mind it at all. But I agree it is greatly impacting the game. But they can still play the game. That's all that matters to me. And the difference between Mahomes and Tua is evident under these conditions.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I don't mind it at all. But I agree it is greatly impacting the game. But they can still play the game. That's all that matters to me. And the difference between Mahomes and Tua is evident under these conditions.
yep, Tua looks very uncomfortable for sure.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Maybe a fan will lose some fingers and the NFL will finally wise up and stop playing in open stadiums in this crappy weather. The days of it being "Part of the game," are over. Its total garbage.

As a fan, i want the teams deciding the outcome, not weather. Why dont we just let teams thrash the fields and flood them a few days before games to make them muddy to slow down a team like the dolphins?

Hey Dolphins... real men can play in this mud you bunch of sissies!....... just stupid.
Apparently it isn’t . Home field still means something . And worth playing for. The elements are part of the game.

Now if teams with home field in these tough January elements choose to play elsewhere or willing to lose their home field advantage for better elements then I’d be open to the discussion.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yes, the elements have always impacted the game.

I’m not sure these conditions tonight favored one team or the other .

Regardless , home field is still a great advantage and unless these cold weather venues are willing to give up their home field then I’d suggest teams like Miami win those critical games in regular season to avoid going on the road.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
yep, Tua looks very uncomfortable for sure.
Yes he did. But that doesn’t mean the elements were an unfair advantage for Mahomes. He just performed better in the situation. And might have regardless the elements.

Miami was over hyped all year. Did they ever beat a playoff team this year besides us ?

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I feel that they should play Monday afternoon instead of going out there Saturday night.
I would agree. If they could reschedule Buffalo game then they could have at least played tonight’s game at Noon. Might have been a few degrees warmer.

Aven8

Reaction score
Yes he did. But that doesn’t mean the elements were an unfair advantage for Mahomes. He just performed better in the situation. And might have regardless the elements.

Miami was over hyped all year. Did they ever beat a playoff team this year? Or even a team with a winning record?
Us

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
What's the point of technology if we're not going to use it. We don't ride chariots anymore because, um, we have cars. We don't use wood anymore because um, we have heaters. All football teams need Dome's. If you want elements, build a retractable. But the NFL should be in charge of if the roof is open or not.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The Dolphins really fumbled the bag against Buffalo.

Had they won that game on Sunday, they would be playing the Steelers at home.

Now a team that plays in Miami has to go to KC and play the reigning champs in the coldest game ever
And that’s why the regular season can be so critical. Home field advantage means something .

Now if the elements are so bad that these home teams want to give it up then we have another discussion.

Does anyone think the Chiefs would have rather played Miami in the South Beach elements tonight?

Until that happens this discussion is null and void.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Fans are still wanting perfection .

Just like with officiating . They want these ideal perfect or identical situations for all teams and games .

Sorry, that’s just not how this game is played.

Yes, some teams with domes have attempted to take the elements out but it wasn’t for the team or game as much as it was for the fans and additional revenue streams a dome stadium would attract.

Reid1boys

Reaction score

Miami was over hyped all year. Did they ever beat a playoff team this year besides us ?
who said anything about an unfair advantage for Mahomes?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Apparently it isn’t . Home field still means something . And worth playing for. The elements are part of the game.

Now if teams with home field in these tough January elements choose to play elsewhere or willing to lose their home field advantage for better elements then I’d be open to the discussion.
There is a reason that most SBs are played in New Orleans, Florida and Ca. We have had 1 cold weather stadium, in my memory, that hosted a SB.... and those NFL execs were crapping in their pants over it, and it hasnt happened again since. Why dont we let KC host a SB? I mean wouldnt it be great .... let those teams battle in the elements like "real,"football is supposed to be played.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There is a reason that most SBs are played in New Orleans, Florida and Ca. We have had 1 cold weather stadium, in my memory, that hosted a SB.... and those NFL execs were crapping in their pants over it, and it hasnt happened again since. Why dont we let KC host a SB? I mean wouldnt it be great .... let those teams battle in the elements like "real,"football is supposed to be played.
Again, that’s more to generate revenue and attendance for the game.

Similar to most of the traditional major Bowl games with a warmer climate neutral venue.

NFL doesn’t want to take away the Home Field advantage. That’s what the regular season is played for.

If we’re going to have all neutral site for playoffs in warmer climate or dome stadiums then who care who wins divisions , etc.

You’re wanting to completely reshape the landscape for what. A potential brutal cold weather venue in January. Sounds kinda wussified to me. But yet we’re ok with these gladiators potentially crippling or brutalizing each other. Just not in the cold. Lol

Last edited:

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Again, that’s more to generate revenue and attendance for the game.

Similar to most of the traditional major Bowl games with a warmer climate neutral venue.

NFL doesn’t want to take away the Home Field advantage. That’s what the regular season is played for.

If we’re going to have all neutral site for playoffs in warmer climate or dome stadiums then who care who wins divisions , etc.

You’re wanting to completely reshape the landscape for what. A potential brutal cold weather venue in January. Sounds kinda wussified to me. But yet we’re ok with these guys crippling or killing each other. Lol
no im not. do the cowboys have no hf advantage tomorrow because they are in a dome?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
no im not. do the cowboys have no hf advantage tomorrow because they are in a dome?
Do you not get it or what Reid?

Of course we have a home field advantage. Just like KC did tonight. There’s just comes with the elements sometimes.

We’ve only had what 4 or 5 playoff games in NFL history below Zero in over a 100 years.

Last edited:

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
What makes the Ice Bowl even more ridiculous is back then players did not have the best equipment or clothing like they do now....you could only put on more layers, but not enough to affect your play. And don't even talk about any heated benches.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What makes the Ice Bowl even more ridiculous is back then players did not have the best equipment or clothing like they do now....you could only put on more layers, but not enough to affect your play. And don't even talk about any heated benches.
It was more brutal back then , no doubt , without all of the equipment and heaters now available.

Also remember they didn’t normally have playoff games well into January back then either. Like the Ice Bowl, which was NFL Title game , was played on 12-31-67. The previous NFL Title game was on 1-1-67.

Now besides this the coldest game ever played in the playoffs all of the other below zero playoff games in NFL history were played in SB era in January.