The inevitable Bradlee Anae post

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by cwbyfan72, May 16, 2021.

1. cwbyfan72

cwbyfan72 Well-Known Member

1,243 Messages
    863 Likes Received
    So we now know that our Defensive coaches had a hard time evaluating player personnel....will Anae get a chance to compete in this scheme, or is he labeled a bust before he has any real playing time?
    Correct me if I’m wrong, but in limited snaps last year, he was creating pressure.

2. Outlaw Heroes

Outlaw Heroes Well-Known Member

4,600 Messages
    4,674 Likes Received
    He's fighting uphill, for sure. Late round pick with short arms. Current staff has no investment in him. Unless he lights it up in camp I think he's gone.

3. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard Zone Supporter

26,961 Messages
    23,244 Likes Received
    This post should be re-written for clarity...

So we all know that our defensive coaches had difficulty a year ago evaluating players and personnel. As a result, will Anae get a chance to compete in the scheme this year, or is he unfairly labeled a bust as he has had minimal playing time. Correct me if I'm wrong, but in limited snaps last year he was creating pressure.

Pantone282C, J-man, Knotamus and 5 others like this.
  4. JoeKing

26,961 Messages
    23,244 Likes Received
    It's a good question and I appreciate the OP for asking it. It didn't appear Anae received a fair chance to compete last year and there is really little information about how that will change moving forward. I guess we'll have to just wait and see. I know I'll be looking for more on this situation.

J-man, McKDaddy, chagus and 5 others like this.
  5. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

55,570 Messages
    19,610 Likes Received
    Well, Anae is slow, and this is a fast man defense. 4.93 (40)

Bullflop and America's Cowboy like this.
  6. Cowboyny

Cowboyny Well-Known Member

5,687 Messages
    6,781 Likes Received
    Backup players must play special teams to be on the active roster. Since he isn't a factor there, it will be difficult getting snaps with the defense.

7. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

6,585 Messages
    3,356 Likes Received
    Basically for him to make the team both Armstrong and Basham would have to be cut. Not a likely scenario so I give him no chance to make it.

Furboy and America's Cowboy like this.
  8. JoeKing

26,961 Messages
    23,244 Likes Received
    Look at the assumptions already being made about Bradlee Anae before the team has taken a single practice snap this coming veterans mini-camp. :rolleyes:

tyke1doe, 817Gill and BourbonBalz like this.
  9. Mr_C

Mr_C Carharris2

10,272 Messages
    11,189 Likes Received
    Well, they are only internet guys^^^

So, I guess we’ll see.

10. America's Cowboy

America's Cowboy Zone Supporter

15,179 Messages
    22,413 Likes Received
    Anae is done. He's toast. Say bye, bye.

Close the thread.

:p:D

TheCoolFan likes this.
  11. Vinnie2u

Vinnie2u Well-Known Member

6,622 Messages
    8,531 Likes Received
    There’s always the practice squad. Injuries happen. May the best man play.

blueblood70, 817Gill and DuncanIso like this.
  12. Whyjerry

Whyjerry Well-Known Member

10,065 Messages
    16,294 Likes Received
    Well we know that Armstrong is a JAG. At best. Why not give Anae a big chance to replace him?

13. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

49,965 Messages
    54,608 Likes Received
    Anae is probably the 11th or 12th on the depth chart right now. But will be competing for a 9th or 10th spot. Hew could very well be just another on the long list of wasted mid round picks on some project DE / DL.
    Armstrong is in the same position IMO.

America's Cowboy likes this.
  14. BourbonBalz

BourbonBalz Star4Ever

9,918 Messages
    5,025 Likes Received
    Due to no off season as a result of Covid, last year was a really bad year to assess any rookie, much less later round picks. I’m sure he will get plenty of looks because there’s simply no reason not to. Coaches want to keep and use their best players regardless how or when they got them.

Scotman, 817Gill, Techsass and 2 others like this.
  15. Jarntt

Jarntt Well-Known Member

384 Messages
    415 Likes Received
    I think in general people assume too much from first year players and especially last year with really no regular camp. There's nothing wrong with it taking a year for a guy to contribute or to move from backup to starter for better players. There are only so many guys you can dress and you can only put 11 on the field at one time.

I liked what I saw of Anae and think he has potential but I'm not sure it's to ever be more than a backup/rotation guy and that's fine. He'll get his snaps in camp and preseason to see what he can do. If we were playing a straight 4-3 I'd say he makes the team for sure and is in the back of the rotation on game day. With this defense we need to see how everyone fits. But, looking at the nickel depth chart we don't really have many true edge pass rushers. Other than Tank and Gregory and possibly Parsons depending on what their plans for him are in the nickel, who are our true edge guys that can get to the QB and are guaranteed to be better than Anae as a pass rusher? The nickel is obviously going to be all about the pass rush for these edge guys. Basham hasn't been great so far and neither has Armstrong. Will the rookies even be able to get to the QB? I'd say he has a good chance to make the team unless we bring in a free agent

817Gill and BourbonBalz like this.
  16. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

61,333 Messages
    65,249 Likes Received
    Because Armstrong has longer arms.

I cannot believe you have to ask this question.

BAT, cwbyfan72, Techsass and 2 others like this.
  17. Hawkeye19

Hawkeye19 Well-Known Member

4,084 Messages
    10,656 Likes Received
    He’ll get his chance at camp— but competition is pretty deep. Practice squad looks likely

817Gill and Fastpitch Dad like this.
  18. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

49,965 Messages
    54,608 Likes Received
    That was my 1st thought, Armstrong has longer arms. But they needed to keep him at DE rushing, not drop into coverage, he was horrendous at times. But that could have been lack of preparedness and off-season work as well as Nolan's scheme.

19. Whyjerry

Whyjerry Well-Known Member

10,065 Messages
    16,294 Likes Received
    Ah yes the long arms. My mistake. Thanks for helping me be better.

BAT, Bullflop and Techsass like this.
  20. JoeKing

26,961 Messages
    23,244 Likes Received
    I don't see how you have enough information about Anae to make that determination. Last year we just didn't get much feedback on him. However, I do respect what you are saying here and suspect you may be right.

817Gill and jazzcat22 like this.