Twitter: The interior OL

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It's time for wholesale changes. Sit Looney. Should have signed Leary to take over at LG. A lot of attention is being paid to the rookie OTs but Looney and Williams are KILLING us.

I agree, but I think that Jay Glazer reported that Leary decided to retire.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wouldn't he be the second guy who wanted to come back and then after speaking to the Cowboys decided retirement was a better option?

Yep. Glazer mentioned Leary and Veldheer both and how the Cowboys were having a hard time finding guys.

I even saw a report that they worked out Jordan Mills on Friday as well.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
which makes wondering what did his physical turn out ....

The impression I got was that it was his call, not the Cowboys. They offered him a contract, he said no. As did Veldheer.

21Savage

newnationcb
Reaction score
I don’t know if he got hurt this last game but I actually came out of the Falcons game more excited about our interior O-line. Connor Williams played a great game and Looney looked very athletic getting to the second level.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score

It's time for wholesale changes. Sit Looney. Should have signed Leary to take over at LG. A lot of attention is being paid to the rookie OTs but Looney and Williams are KILLING us.

Man your boi. AKA me. Have been saying all offseason to get connor and looney the hell outta there. Put in mcgovern "the blinking light" and biadasz

jnday

Reaction score
Williams needs to start taking snaps at OT due to his body type and McGovern needs to step it up. Looney needs to return to the bench and replace him with Biadiaz. With this new line up, at least they can see if these young players have any potential.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Biadiaz will be better than Looney at some point and may very well be now.

Williams is fine, fans are just spoiled from watching Zack Martin. He can get bullrushed by power DTs like Jarran Reed but so does the rest of the league. Williams looked bad against the Rams because Aaron Donald might be the best defensive player in the NFL, he abuses everyone.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Biadiaz will be better than Looney at some point and may very well be now.

Williams is fine, fans are just spoiled from watching Zack Martin. He can get bullrushed by power DTs like Jarran Reed but so does the rest of the league. Williams looked bad against the Rams because Aaron Donald might be the best defensive player in the NFL, he abuses everyone.

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

However, I have a feeling we will continue to see Looney. Martin should be the RT. He was outstanding there Sunday and should play there until La'el returns.

jblaze2004

Reaction score

Looney just sucks. He is a good back up but man zero athleticism. And conner we see him get blown up every game.