Twitter: The interior OL

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Biadiaz will be better than Looney at some point and may very well be now.

Williams is fine, fans are just spoiled from watching Zack Martin. He can get bullrushed by power DTs like Jarran Reed but so does the rest of the league. Williams looked bad against the Rams because Aaron Donald might be the best defensive player in the NFL, he abuses everyone.

Yeah but Williams was also responsible for that game-ending sack that killed any chance the Cowboys had for a comeback. That was mental, not physical.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Indeed he has.

IF at least one of the T's could rejoin the team (looks like it won't be LC), then you could have Tyron, Looney, Biadasz, Martin, Knight. Would be curious to see how that lineup worked.

That's the lineup I'd like to see as well.

blueblood70

Reaction score
the zone has a unfounded hardon for Looney,he has always sucked.Just focus on him on every play,conor williams is really bad too.its time to play Biadiaz and mcgovern.
rally

FANS HAVE ZERO TO DO WITH PLAYERS STARTING OR NOT..

NEWSFLASH THIS SITE NOR ANY MEDIA MEMBER HAVE ZERO EFFECT ON STARTING PLAYERS..

SO WHETHER THEY LIKE PLAYERS LUV THEM OR HATE THEM , GUESS WHAT ITS NOT THEIR DECSIONS THAT GET THINGS CHANGED,,

if you havent realized this yet, coaches and the Fo have all these decsions to make and i trust they will get it figured iut.. once Steele had to take over for LC and Knight for TS it effected the line , they pull Steele and shuffle the line but moved everyone but Conner, they obviously feel hes a LG and NOTHING and I mean Nothing fans say will change that. If the coaches see Cwill everyday, every snap, , they have an idea of what to do with him..

the OL a mess but whn TS gets back, kick knight over to RT and this should settle down..
the coaches will get it figured out they are professionals and they didnt draft Cwill, the new staff could replace him if they want, ill trust they will have plan for the Browns game..Ill trust its the correct one.

Aven8

Reaction score
Conner is the weakest link right now. He’s good at run blocking as he moves well but just gets bulldozed on pass blocking.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
And McGovern is another project who probably won't even be on the roster next season. It's not looking good for the Connors on the OL. Hope Biadasz is the answer so that solves one position

Kaiser

Reaction score
Then just say that.

Looney is a serviceable player. If Biadasz is better that's awesome but Looney has been OK before the i jury. Can't judge him at OG because it was after the injury.

McGovern is the disappointment.

McGovern is a guy I was wrong about, there were plenty of scouting reports that he should have been a solid starter at this point. Every team and every player is going to react differently to the lack of offseason/preseason, but McGovern is way behind where he should be.

Creeper

Reaction score

Yes, brockers was beating him pretty consistently both pass and run

It is the combination of Looney and Williams that sucks. What is Looney doing on this play? He was blocking no one. He should have been helping Williams.

Creeper

Reaction score
McGovern is a guy I was wrong about, there were plenty of scouting reports that he should have been a solid starter at this point. Every team and every player is going to react differently to the lack of offseason/preseason, but McGovern is way behind where he should be.

Big disappointment. I was hoping he would be better than Williams by now. It is hard to experiment on the OL right now with so many guys out. If Collins doesn't come back I am assuming Knight will replace him when Tyron Smith is ready. Martin will go back to guard. I am wondering if at some point they should try Steele at LG although I have no idea how he is on the move.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Big disappointment. I was hoping he would be better than Williams by now. It is hard to experiment on the OL right now with so many guys out. If Collins doesn't come back I am assuming Knight will replace him when Tyron Smith is ready. Martin will go back to guard. I am wondering if at some point they should try Steele at LG although I have no idea how he is on the move.

And it could be mental, so much of OL play is the execution and coordination. McGovern might be fine physically but be one of those guys that needs a certain number of reps to lock in.

John813

Reaction score

Was there any tweets on his TC play? The Dallas tweet ban during practice made it hard to get reporters opinions on a lot of guys.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Was there any tweets on his TC play? The Dallas tweet ban during practice made it hard to get reporters opinions on a lot of guys.

None, and the beat writers weren't really allowed to write much. They also didn't allow tackling so you have to wonder how the players were evaluated on blitz pickups, stunt passoffs, etc. It could also be a factor that for players like Looney, Dallas just went with the known quantity because they had very little opportunity to evaluate a young player (but they did start Terence Steele over Erving)

Tussinman

Reaction score
McGovern is basically a rookie at this point

His pec injury last spring meant last year was a wash (if I'm not mistaken he did not see a single padded practice or preseason game).

Then this year he has less than 20 practices due to covid along with a new offensive line coach

I'm not really expecting a third rounder with less than 20 practices and no preseason to be full time starter ready. He's basically the offensive version of gallimore

I don't think there's anything wrong with McGovern it was just unfortunate circumstances

Kaiser

Reaction score
I don't think there's anything wrong with McGovern it was just unfortunate circumstances

I agree, but he has had a full year of film study and working with the coaches. Dallas had a high second round grade on him and he played Center at PSU, I really thought he had a shot at starting. But no doubt the pandemic worked against him.