The Jason Garrett experiment is over

Status
Not open for further replies.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You are a sad sad individual....I have nothing but pity for you; your constant insults and belittling are just a projection of your own inward emptiness and lacking sense of self-worth. Again, I have nothing but pity for you. Socialization and having a rational conversation with another person is probably not your strength, neither on this message board nor in society I imagine.
This is a dumb thread? I believe this is fundamental to the manner this team competes. And unfortunately, the team is reflective of its coach. The vanilla game plan, the failure to adjust, the tolerance for average or below average performances, the race to peric victories and losing with dignity. You want to denigrate this thread? You want to continue to watch this level of performance? Then yes, this is a dumb thread. Welcome to 8 and 8.

LOL.............Jason Garrett the king of 8-8. Yet ANOTHER text book example of how its has always been Romo saving Garrett and this team from utter disaster year in and year out. Maybe the Garrett lovers will wake up and finally realize what a joke Garrett is. Yah, wishful thinking.

Pokes12

Reaction score
Guys like you that applaud ineptitude and things that hold back this great franchise dont deserve to be fans.

Quite ironically, it was you who out of nowhere started attacking my person. Talk about a hypocrite? WAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! LOL

It is amazing to me that if you criticize any of the front office or coaching staff people get emotional and call you names. I love this team and have since the very first day they drew breath in the NFL but you have to be realistic about what you have and what you wished you had. Sadly, we have an under-performing coaching staff. Starting with Jason Garrett who has proved to be a very mediocre and in some cases awful on field coach. Starting with his offensive coaching days where he would call the same play three times in a row to prove it would work (especially on the other team's two yard line) and it would fail all three times. It is as if he cannot believe his game plan is infallible. He never adjusts and he never expects or prepares for other teams to adjust. See the Falcons game and the Pats game for glaring examples. He is a one trick pony who rarely has a feel for the game, time management or how to take advantage of opportunity. It will set the franchise back for sure, but we have to find a real coach and let him lead the team. Garrett is not the answer!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
What I really cannot understand is how Garrett, a person who graduated from an Ivy league university, can be so akward as a thinking coach. He makes the stupidest mistakes in clock management, in allowing silly penalties like not having the right number of players on the field. He never anticipates the corrections that other coaching staffs will make after half time and he never, never adjusts our game plan after half time. Whatever the game plan is, is sacrosanct whether it is working or not.

"take what the defense gives you" is his earth shattering, ivy league educated mantra on offense. In other words, the DC can make him do whatever he likes on offense. Make him pass, run, throw short, ect...ect......by just giving certain looks. Good teams impose their will. Football 101.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It is amazing to me that if you criticize any of the front office or coaching staff people get emotional and call you names. I love this team and have since the very first day they drew breath in the NFL but you have to be realistic about what you have and what you wished you had. Sadly, we have an under-performing coaching staff. Starting with Jason Garrett who has proved to be a very mediocre and in some cases awful on field coach. Starting with his offensive coaching days where he would call the same play three times in a row to prove it would work (especially on the other team's two yard line) and it would fail all three times. It is as if he cannot believe his game plan is infallible. He never adjusts and he never expects or prepares for other teams to adjust. See the Falcons game and the Pats game for glaring examples. He is a one trick pony who rarely has a feel for the game, time management or how to take advantage of opportunity. It will set the franchise back for sure, but we have to find a real coach and let him lead the team. Garrett is not the answer!

They are not fans, they are cheerleaders. REAL fans dislike anything that brings down or hurts the franchise chances of winning. Be that a player, coach, owner, ect...ect.....

Any fool had to know that Dumbar would get injured again. Any fool watching McChicken run the last 8 years had to know he was garbage. Yet McChicken was Jerry's big answer to the RB situation. Pathetic. "Weeden throws the nicest ball I have ever seen"? LOL You cant make that stupidity up. And this is the GM of our team? Wow, talk about disaster. There was only ONE way to ruin the best run game in the NFL. Get rid of all our good backs and replace them with garbage. And they did it. Unreal.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stop the personal attacks or you will get a benching.

Some of you know better already and really don't deserve another free warning.

Knock it off.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Garrett should be running for mayor in some small town in Texas, not doing anything close to a football field.

Pokes12

Reaction score
Here is Garret's game plan for Weeden. First down run with Randle, two yards. Second down run with Randle, same result. Third down, replace Randle with McFadden, have Weeden pass but only look at one receiver, that receiver is typically covered, Weeden is incapable to look anywhere else so he dumps it off to McFadden for four yards. It is then fourth and 2 and time to punt. Over and over and over again this is the pattern of the last three games. No adjustments, no innovation, no instinct, no football sense, no passion......Lose with Dignity!! but Lose

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Here is Garret's game plan for Weeden. First down run with Randle, two yards. Second down run with Randle, same result. Third down, replace Randle with McFadden, have Weeden pass but only look at one receiver, that receiver is typically covered, Weeden is incapable to look anywhere else so he dumps it off to McFadden for four yards. It is then fourth and 2 and time to punt. Over and over and over again this is the pattern of the last three games. No adjustments, no innovation, no instinct, no football sense, no passion......Lose with Dignity!! but Lose

Well to me, Weeden is just completely horrid. There is not a coach in the world that could turn him into a winning QB. He is like a deer in headlights. The blunder on the part of Garrett and Jerry is thinking that he was a good QB. And not developing anyone behind Romo with a draft pick.

And then of course the monster blunder of replacing Murray with Randle and McFadden. Total and complete football stupidity. Both moves show a complete lack of talent evaluation skills.

Then we do get to the problem of no risk taking. No way you are going to beat the patriots or many other teams without taking some chances and pulling a few things out of your @#$. But again, Garrett is incapable of seeing that. All he knows is book smart theories. No feel for the game. Coaches like a scared little boy.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Still waiting for the name a coach that can win when they lose their two best players (one being the QB) the first two weeks of the year and their best player on defense is made of glass

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Still waiting for the name a coach that can win when they lose their two best players (one being the QB) the first two weeks of the year and their best player on defense is made of glass

This thread is about anger over the losing streak and not about the coaching. The temptation to think a team might "coach 'em up!" and get past another well coached team is catnip for some.

The reality is, this game is and always will be about the players.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This thread is about anger over the losing streak and not about the coaching. The temptation to think a team might "coach 'em up!" and get past another well coached team is catnip for some.

This game is about talent, but when its a close match up, coaching REALLY matters. And the difference between the BEST coaches in the league and the average coaches is huge. So to mull around the best franchise in the history of sports with some run of the mill, coach in training nobody is a total joke. Jerry could go out and buy any GREAT coach he wanted or wait for one to come available. He just doenst do it. He would rather have puppet coaches that listen to him and he can influence. Garrett is no different than all the rest that have come in here since Jimmy and Parcells. He is a joke of a coach. The evidence of 8 years of Garrett at the helm or as the OC have been proof positive of that.

The only thing you and the Garrett lovers can hang your hat on is a 12-4 season that we can see quite clearly was more about Tony Romo and the run game than anything the fanny patting Garrett did or does.

His run of the mill coach speak nonsense doesnt mean squat now does it? Where is the "process" now? Everything you Garrett apologists touted in the off season clearly is nothing but smoke and mirrors for your love of Garrett.

When something goes right, its all about Garrett. When the team does bad, its one excuse after another why it isnt Garrett. Mindless drivel, nothing more.

Garrett is a joke, end of story.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

How many NEW players do the Falcons have this year that are starting? An entire new coaching staff was brought in with a new attitude in one off season. 5-0.

But hey, coaching doesn't matter to you?

The most dangerous person in the world is a know it all that is right some of the time. :thumbdown:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
....The only thing you and the Garrett lovers can hang your hat on is a 12-4 season that we can see quite clearly was more about Tony Romo and the run game than anything the fanny patting Garrett did or does.

His run of the mill coach speak nonsense doesnt mean squat now does it? Where is the "process" now? Everything you Garrett apologists touted in the off season clearly is nothing but smoke and mirrors for your love of Garrett.

When something goes right, its all about Garrett. When the team does bad, its one excuse after another why it isnt Garrett. Mindless drivel, nothing more.

Garrett is a joke, end of story.

This is a great case in point for my earlier post. He totally ought to just coach 'em up. That way, we're undefeated right now instead of 2-3.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How many NEW players do the Falcons have this year that are starting? An entire new coaching staff was brought in with a new attitude in one off season. 5-0.

But hey, coaching doesn't matter to you?

The most dangerous person in the world is a know it all that is right some of the time. :thumbdown:

This seems like the sort of data that's available on the internet somewhere if you're really curious. Just look for their free agent signings and their draft, and that ought to give you a pretty good idea.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Only the Garrett punks thought that. Its quite clear that this team is about Tony Romo. Not Jason Garrett or anyone else.

Give Romo a great run game or great defense to pair with himself and we are instant contenders. Give Romo both and we are SB winners.

Take Romo away and all the expert fanny patting in the world by Garrett doenst make a bit of difference.

Go away. No one respects your takes and the insults are certainly not needed.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This is a great case in point for my earlier post. He totally ought to just coach 'em up. That way, we're undefeated right now instead of 2-3.

It appears that your standards are very low when it comes to coaching. Which explains your love for Garrett.

Coaching isnt important anyway right? So what does it matter who our coach is. "we will be just fine with Garrett"

"We will be fine with Garrett"
"We will be fine with these RB's"

You would make Jerry Jones proud. LOL

In one breath you say its about talent and coaching isnt that important. In the next breath you are championing Garrett for a 12-4 season like his expert coaching finally got us to the promise land. :huh:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This seems like the sort of data that's available on the internet somewhere if you're really curious. Just look for their free agent signings and their draft, and that ought to give you a pretty good idea.

I'm not sure I can give you a more clean, current example of the importance of good coaching. I am in no need of looking up the data. The question was asked if you knew. If you don't then maybe a little data research would do you some good. Unless you are just going to bow out of the conversation again.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not sure I can give you a more clean, current example of the importance of good coaching. I am in no need of looking up the data. The question was asked if you knew. If you don't then maybe a little data research would do you some good. Unless you are just going to bow out of the conversation again.

Sorry, Roy. I'm not bowing out 'again.' I was never in it. I thought I'd made that clear. I'm not going to engage you in a serious discussion until you meet what I consider to be a minimum standard for a conversation, and you're nowhere near. I only point it out because if I don't, it gives the impression that your style of insulting and then rapidly firing off arguments you haven't fully thought through is effective, and I don't want to give that impression.

I pointed out your earlier post just as an example of what I was talking about in the thread, but didn't mean to engage you in the argument. My apologies.

The Atlanta personnel thing you should just look up for yourself, though. It's readily available.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Sorry, Roy. I'm not bowing out 'again.' I was never in it. I thought I'd made that clear. I'm not going to engage you in a serious discussion until you meet what I consider to be a minimum standard for a conversation, and you're nowhere near. I only point it out because if I don't, it gives the impression that your style of insulting and then rapidly firing off arguments you haven't fully thought through is effective, and I don't want to give that impression.

I pointed out your earlier post just as an example of what I was talking about in the thread, but didn't mean to engage you in the argument. My apologies.

The Atlanta personnel thing you should just look up for yourself, though. It's readily available.

LOL........oh your in it. You are talking to me aren't you? You obviously cant help yourself.

Amazing you have standards for conversation, yet no standards for coaching or our RB situation.

Its funny that you think your some high and mighty judge of what a standard is for a conversation. You insult me in every post and you know it. You just think your slick trying to do it in some kind of intellectual way and apologizing the whole time you're doing it.

No need to apologize for anything other then you being wrong time and time again about the Cowboys.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL........oh your in it. You are talking to me aren't you? You obviously cant help yourself.

Amazing you have standards for conversation, yet no standards for coaching or our RB situation.

Its funny that you think your some high and mighty judge of what a standard is for a conversation. You insult me in every post and you know it. You just think your slick trying to do it in some kind of intellectual way and apologizing the whole time you're doing it.

No need to apologize for anything other then you being wrong time and time again about the Cowboys.

Lol. No, I've made a distinction. I'll reply to you. I'm just not going to debate you on a topic. See how that works?

And if I'm not the judge of who I'm willing to debate, who is? I don't think I'm slick. I'm condescending to you because I don't believe you treat people well and I don't have much respect for what I consider to be the lazy way you approach arguments. You're not the first poster I've treated that way. The internet is full of people I'm not particularly interested in talking to. That's a criticism, but it's not an insult.

The easy solution for you is to just not care that I'm not interested in the debate. And as I've said before, I'll let my post history with you stand when it comes to who's been wrong and who's been right.

Status
Not open for further replies.