The Jones as owners

DandyDon52

Reaction score
down, you should have asked a mod to do a poll for you, only supporters or mods can make a poll.
I dont have the down v on my keyboard.

foofighters

Reaction score
Needless thread. The forever truth is and has been out. The Jones family will own this franchise for decades to come. They would not be developing Frisco to sell it. Your only choice is whether to support the
franchise or move to Maryland and support the Comancheros.
Actually I don't really watch much pro football outside of the Cowboys so my choice will probably end up not watching any NFL at all. I struggle with longer games due to too many commercials, too much air time for refs, too many annoying rules and then add the inefficiency for the Jones boys to actually run a football team and I am slowly detaching myself from this team. How much longer? Who knows but I can feel myself simply losing the ability to care about it...

LittleD

Reaction score
Actually I don't really watch much pro football outside of the Cowboys so my choice will probably end up not watching any NFL at all. I struggle with longer games due to too many commercials, too much air time for refs, too many annoying rules and then add the inefficiency for the Jones boys to actually run a football team and I am slowly detaching myself from this team. How much longer? Who knows but I can feel myself simply losing the ability to care about it...

You are so right. The NFL has drastically changed over the last15 years. The self centered players of today are only interested in money not winning championships. The game has so changed, and has now been attached to
gambling that no outcome is certain.

kskboys

Reaction score
As owners? theyre great

As GMs theyre around the 16-20 range...draft excellent....put together good teams....contracts are an issue....and no championships in over 20 years
Yeah, this draft thing. Taco, Jaylon, Joseph, Connor Williams. What makes you say great?

Flamma

Reaction score
They just Won’t admit,That there’s people out there smarter than them , when it comes to football

The Jones boys SOP is intentional, there is no mistake. It's meant to keep the Cowboys middling to good, with a better chance at being a contender than going 4-12. From a business standpoint that's good. As opposed to the Raiders, 2 winning seasons in the last 19 years, winning 4-5 games every year.

The mistake a lot of people make is thinking they're goal is a championship. That their SOP is with that in mind. It isn't. It's not priority #1. I think this approach is more due to the son. Jerry is a gambler as we've seen. To the point of being reckless. I believe his son has more influence on him now and is the reason for being this conservative.

raven55

Reaction score
clowns one and all, the only reason jerry wears that gold jacket is because of a great coach JIMMY JOHNSON and a dedicated QB TROY AIKMAN. the rest of the crew for 26 years have rode the coat tails of the players they had. all we had at qb is people tthrowing the ball around and getting us no where, coach that was learning to be a coach, a qb that is learning to be oc, an a quarter back room that was bottom basement and getting great numbers of yards but where did that get the team. you needed to take a qb in the first round that has the it factor sometime you make a mistake dallas in the past has but getting a 4 round qb to take us to the big dance is like throwing a rock in the lake to get a large mouth bass its not even realistic

Flamma

Reaction score
one might argue that Washington's fans might. Other than that, no others would.

There are plenty of worse franchises over the last two decades. Raiders, Jets, Dolphins, Browns, Lions, Bills and Bengals sucked to high heaven for how many years? Just getting their act together now. Other teams as well.

The problem with the cowboys is they never seem to get their act together, but never seem to be total garbage either. They just seem to drive 70MPH in a 65 zone and watch teams that drove 55 mph drive past the at 85 every now and then. All while the Cowboys keep that 70mph pace.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
V

....Question I keep coming back to....how could it be worse?

Not much.....that's for sure.

Very poorly ran. The game day experience is a joke...I know I won't ever go back until new ownership takes over.

Every conceivable way to screw up....Jerry has achieved.

Let that sink in.

If we take into considering that both Romo and Dak were basically blind luck it gets even worse for the Joneses. What if they didnt stumble onto those two guys the last 16 years? How much worse would our franchise have been? We could still be running the rat race of trying to find a top 10 QB all while these two morons try to build a team.

These clowns were basically handed two top 10 franchise QB's for the last 16 years and they still couldnt build a contender around those QB's with every asset being used solely for that purpose and not to find a QB.

Its almost mind numbing to think about how bad they really are.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
There are plenty of worse franchises over the last two decades. Raiders, Jets, Dolphins, Browns, Lions, Bills and Bengals sucked to high heaven for how many years? Just getting their act together now. Other teams as well.

The problem with the cowboys is they never seem to get their act together, but never seem to be total garbage either. They just seem to drive 70MPH in a 65 zone and watch teams that drove 55 mph drive past the at 85 every now and then. All while the Cowboys keep that 70mph pace.

As stated below, that is only because they had blind luck in finding Dak and Romo for nothing. Had they not been blindly spoon fed two top 10 QB's back to back over the last 16 years they would be as bad if not worse then all those teams during that time.

nobody

Reaction score

Sure there are worse franchises, but is that because of the owners? The question was how many fans of other teams would gladly trade owners, not what franchises are the worst. In talking to fans of several teams, ever one of them told me Jerry was the noose around the Cowboys neck and they were gleeful about it. He holds them back. So yeah, I'll stand by my assertion that Snyder is the only owner that could be worse than Jerry from a fan standpoint.

Flamma

Reaction score
As stated below, that is only because they had blind luck in finding Dak and Romo for nothing. Had they not been blindly spoon fed two top 10 QB's back to back over the last 16 years they would be as bad if not worse then all those teams during that time.

That's an interesting take. You're probably 80% right. But the Cowboys did have some good years with Quincy Carter and a washed up Drew Bledsoe. Did these other teams even try?

Flamma

Reaction score
Sure there are worse franchises, but is that because of the owners? The question was how many fans of other teams would gladly trade owners, not what franchises are the worst. In talking to fans of several teams, ever one of them told me Jerry was the noose around the Cowboys neck and they were gleeful about it. He holds them back. So yeah, I'll stand by my assertion that Snyder is the only owner that could be worse than Jerry from a fan standpoint.

From a fan standpoint you're probably right. But again, I think the reason the Cowboys are as conservative as they are is mainly due to the son. I'm also not so sure the Bengals, Dolphins, and Texans ownership is any better than Washington's.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

True but the difference is at least they have the opportunity at some point to bring in a better GM.

Last edited: