The Jones as owners

dckid

Reaction score
Hey, if you want me to pull up my 20 page rant, I'll be more than happy.

However, I think my fellow posters have seen enough of how I feel about the Jones's so I'll just leave it at that.
Agree, all my posts always come back to the Clown show that is this organization.

dckid

Reaction score
Make no mistake about it. Jerry wants a championship. Is it top priority. That’s what I’m not sure of
Stockholm Syndrome at its finest.
I can't understand what has happened to this intelligent fanbase. This is the same for all the Romo love. Dak in 2016-2019 was an amazing advantage for this organization. QB with a salary under 1 million dollars and half the fanbase was crying over Romo. The Jones Clownshow made the wrong move with giving Dak the contract. They were not under any pressure or scrutiny. Let him walk was the right move. Dak will never live up to the contract because the golden rule is you never overpay a good player and you can also never overpay a franchise guy.

nobody

Reaction score
This right here is the biggest load of BS any of us will read here this year. Jerry said it himself that the goals are to stay 'relevant' and 'interesting'. No where does any of that lead to 'championship'.

There isn't a chance in hell that Jerry or Stephen are focusing on building a championship team. You would have to be the most delusional fan on this site if you believe otherwise.

he was asking if it was top priority and expressing doubt that it was. It's silly to think that Jerry doesn't want a championship. Every owner does. But I believe it's one of the bottom priorities. So many things take precedence in Jerry's head over it. His ego being first and foremost. His way or no way.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
FRTymOYXIAALfbh

This picture speaks volumes. A Super Bowl winning coach sitting silent while an old man and his son blather on, because they own the team and he wants a job.

It's no mystery why this team hasn't come close to winning anything in over a quarter century. There have been two constants and they're both in this picture. :rolleyes:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Make no mistake about it. Jerry wanting a championship is far far below his other wants. Did I use enough far's?

I see this often and it makes absolutely no sense. It's just a comforting rationalization.

What are you suggesting, an 80 year old billionaire wants more money? For what? He's already got more than he can possibly spend.

Jerry wants the one thing he can't buy - football guy validation. Stop looking for excuses for his continued failures. He sucks as a football guy, and we're stuck with him.

kskboys

Reaction score
I see this often and it makes absolutely no sense. It's just a comforting rationalization.

What are you suggesting, an 80 year old billionaire wants more money? For what? He's already got more than he can possibly spend.

Jerry wants the one thing he can't buy - football guy validation. Stop looking for excuses for his continued failures. He sucks as a football guy, and we're stuck with him.
I think you replied to the wrong guy.

Jerry wants validation as a football guy. He wants his ego stroked.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Of course he does. No one wants to win more than Jethro. He’s just not willing to get out of his own way .

Insiting on winning only your way isn’t making winning a top priority. Instead it’s placing your ego as a priority.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
FRTymOYXIAALfbh

This picture speaks volumes. A Super Bowl winning coach sitting silent while an old man and his son blather on, because they own the team and he wants a job.

It's no mystery why this team hasn't come close to winning anything in over a quarter century. There have been two constants and they're both in this picture. :rolleyes:
Yea, remember all of those fans who thought MM represented ending the Puppet era.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
he was asking if it was top priority and expressing doubt that it was. It's silly to think that Jerry doesn't want a championship. Every owner does. But I believe it's one of the bottom priorities. So many things take precedence in Jerry's head over it. His ego being first and foremost. His way or no way.
Yea, we all know the kind of guy our owner is. If he can’t play with his ball , nobody is.

Rayman70

Reaction score
the presser yesterday looked more like a hostage situation(Mike McCarthy) and propaganda video. It was very embarrassing, and I had to stop watching it 5 minutes in.

Rayman70

Reaction score
FRTymOYXIAALfbh

well said.^

Rayman70

Reaction score
Stockholm Syndrome at its finest.
I can't understand what has happened to this intelligent fanbase. This is the same for all the Romo love. Dak in 2016-2019 was an amazing advantage for this organization. QB with a salary under 1 million dollars and half the fanbase was crying over Romo. The Jones Clownshow made the wrong move with giving Dak the contract. They were not under any pressure or scrutiny. Let him walk was the right move. Dak will never live up to the contract because the golden rule is you never overpay a good player and you can also never overpay a franchise guy.
nailed it. 100%

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This right here is the biggest load of BS any of us will read here this year. Jerry said it himself that the goals are to stay 'relevant' and 'interesting'. No where does any of that lead to 'championship'.

There isn't a chance in hell that Jerry or Stephen are focusing on building a championship team. You would have to be the most delusional fan on this site if you believe otherwise.
If you don’t think Jerry wants a championship, you’re the one that’s Delusional. Why even bother staying with the franchise if you think that way. Bye-bye

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Make no mistake about it. Jerry wanting a championship is far far below his other wants. Did I use enough far's?
He dreams of a championship. He’s dying to say I said so. The issue is he will die before he gets it

Rayman70

Reaction score
only thing missing from the presser was a nap sack over MM head. He was very uncomfortable.