The Josh Gordon thread **merged**

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sign him for this year with an option. At this point, with our WR corps, I roll the dice and try and make something happen; with skepticism. Don't trust the guy as far as I can throw him and bad news stories would surely be headed our way; but if we can get something out of him to win a game or two and have the option to release then why the hell not. We need receiver options in a season when our D is finally pointed in the right direction but at the same time, of course, our offense is showing no signs of being dominant, or mediocre for that matter.

He isn’t available to be signed or negotiate a contract with.

irishline

Reaction score
Lol - that was 18 years ago, and Underwood’s problem was never lack of talent, it was mental problems. Plus the team didn’t have to trade for him.

I am sorry, what exactly did Underwood do during his zero NFL games before we signed him to show he had NFL talent? About the same as Lynch, which is nothing. Both showed 1st round flashes in college. Both were drafted in the first round. Both played in zero games.

I was comparing Underwood to your Lynch comment and no talent signings. Again, neither showed they were worthy of their draft status so they are what they are (were).

glimmerman

Reaction score
Same here. He always pats himself on the back for his risk-taking. I don't know why you wouldn't given the incredibly low cost and risk involved. Everything to gain and nothing to lose. This team undeniably has question marks at both spots.

I'm not saying that either guy is the answer, only suggesting that they ask the question.
Reasonable questions.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
*Looks away from my TV to look at this. Goes back to the TV.*

Hey! 976-EVIL is on!

Now there’s a film that compares to cinema greats such as Surf ***** Must Die and The Duke of Knockers.

cowfan

Reaction score
I'm not saying the Cowboys should throw the bank at Gordon, but they should try to sign him to a contract full of incentives with little risk to the team.

ehwqkbmg

Reaction score
Zeke and Gordon seem like a bad combo. I think Gordon might cost a mid round pick. Gonna have to pass.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Just sign him. Add him to the misery that were in. Even if we sign him, I doubt the coaches will know what to do with him.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Crazy that half the posters on here are saying "sign him" then adding whatever theyd like.

I sure hope the Eagles dont sign Demarcus Lawrence this week. Thatd be a big loss.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Do we really need another player with a history of off-field troubles? I will let the season play out and see if Dak can develop chemistry with the WR's ...

flosho

Reaction score
I'm now on the Gordon bandwagon. We could use him. We need someone that can stretch the field.

How is his route running otherwise?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I'm not saying the Cowboys should throw the bank at Gordon, but they should try to sign him to a contract full of incentives with little risk to the team.
He is going to be traded, he already has a contract

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think that was the point he was trying to make - people saying we should sign Gordon before he's even a FA (i.e. we have to trade for him if we want him)

Ahh - a little sarcasm. My mistake.