The Josh Gordon thread **merged**

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It does make you think a certain former Cowboys WR will be signed soon in Cleveland.

That's the other shoe I'd expect to drop. But I really don't think Dez wants to sign there and will only do so as a completely last resort.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He does not officially get released until Monday.

If the Cowboys were 0-2, I don't see what anyone could suggest they have to lose.

With their current receiving group, I don't know what they have to lose.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
I'm not big on making any huge investments to save these coaches jobs, but I think I would put in a claim on Gordon. Minimal investment and risk in my opinion. Much to gain and little to lose.

If nothing else, I think Gordon is a threat on the outside that will make opposing defense have to worry about. Someone that will in May cases command a double team. This team doesn't have that today.

Yeah Gordon is a threat outside alright, every time he's outside of the facility!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
That's the other shoe I'd expect to drop. But I really don't think Dez wants to sign there and will only do so as a completely last resort.

Actually, I reckon that showing that they put up on Pittsburgh might give him a reason TO sign with them. It shows that they just took on one of the more dominant teams of that division, and they drew with them. I reckon it plants the seed in his mind that he might really be the missing cog of that wheel.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
With their current receiving group, I don't know what they have to lose.
There is always the progress stopper thing. Imagine this would ruin Michael Gallup's chances of becoming a great professional.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
There is always the progress stopper thing. Imagine this would ruin Michael Gallup's chances of becoming a great professional.

Yeah, I can't see this being a good move, unless it means that TWill is the one being sent off, and he actually wasn't rubbish last match.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
That's what I'm saying. Just talk with him. See what the deal is. If there's even a chance it can work out bring him in.

I dunno. If he's not being released for drugs, then alright. I suppose we haven't got a thing to lose by at least having a look, but it raises questions as to why he was given the sack there. If he was insolent toward the coaches, then that would be another reason to stay away from him for me. I dunno what all is going on though. Maybe it's just that someone beat him out, which, in that case, then let's give him a go I suppose.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would be psyched if Dallas had a QB that was capable of throwing passes that Gordon could actually catch.

Baby steps. We're getting our QB in April. High. Like within the first 30 minutes of the draft coverage.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Actually, I reckon that showing that they put up on Pittsburgh might give him a reason TO sign with them. It shows that they just took on one of the more dominant teams of that division, and they drew with them. I reckon it plants the seed in his mind that he might really be the missing cog of that wheel.

I'm not so sure. They were the only team to bring him in for a visit in moths. And when they made an offer he "ummed " and ahhed " and passed. And he's been begging other teams to show interest. I think they're his last resort.