The last 4 SB teams from the NFC went all in

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Rams went all in. Tampa went all in. Eagles went all in. And SF went all in.

Two wins and two losses.

Now will this team truly go “all in”? We will find out soon enough.
Jerry says we are. Of course, his idea of all-in is probably the clearance rack at Walmart instead of Goodwill.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
It's like banging your head into a wall every year expecting it to feel good. If we were going "all in", McCarthy and Zimmer wouldn't be coaches here. We have our answer well before we do nothing in FA.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score

Two wins and two losses.

Jerry didn't fire himself as GM, and hired a comfortable, failed retread for DC. We already know that we aren't going all-in.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score

Two wins and two losses.

Too bad Jerry doesn't know the definition of all in >.>

Jayinem

Reaction score

Two wins and two losses.

This team is going all in on the players we already have plus a new defensive coordinator because we had to. You're taking what Jerry Jones says too seriously it's just business as usual they're not going to spend a bunch of money on free agents or even a free agent.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Some people are still trying to figure out, how is it you are going all in, if your current quarterback crumbles under pressure.
In no limit hold 'em you can go all in anytime you want, including with 2 7 off suite. You're almost guaranteed to lose but at least you went "all in".

I wish it was like poker and going all in and not succeeding meant Jerry was out but that's not the case. He gets unlimited rebuys.

Aven8

Reaction score
This team is going all in on the players we already have plus a new defensive coordinator because we had to. You're taking what Jerry Jones says too seriously it's just business as usual they're not going to spend a bunch of money on free agents or even a free agent.
I know they won’t. I was just pointing out that those 4 did and made it.

Jayinem

Reaction score
His “all in” equates to signing CD and Micah to huge team strangling contracts.
Don't forget running it back with a former DC that we had no more success with than the last one.

Jayinem

Reaction score
All in means new items in the pro shop
Just add a star on this t-shirt.

s-l1600.jpg

blueblood70

Reaction score
I’m not talking SB. I just want them to things differently than the same old things. We haven’t signed a quality FA since Brandon Carr for crying out loud.
Look ,

I fully understand you wanted to make a big splash in the first week of free agency & some baller for a big contract but you're trying to tell me that just because they made some trades instead of free agency and then they draft well you know like Gilmore and Brandin cooks were not great additions, you don't have to be a free agent to have a good offseason the Cowboys do make moves they don't make the moves the fans like...

They brought over a lot of guys to fill holes and it's done a pretty good job up to this point..

again,
I agree I hope they do a little bit more this offseason but don't act like they sit on their hands just sign their own players and don't do things they went out and got Amari Cooper at one time etc etc you all call it bargain bin shopping but I don't see it any different than the way Cleveland got Amari Cooper from us you got to find players and you try to get the best deal for those players but you act like if they don't overpay for a player then it's not a big splash..

But Brandin cooks and Gilmore were starters they literally played all year and they were impact players they played very well for what they were brought in to do... And I understand that I'm talking about trades instead of just free agents but it's the same thing you have three ways you can fix your team and if you have to use trades versus impact free agents it's the same thing you put players on the team to help your team..

And it's not always a given that when you go out and get that day one first week free agent splash that they're going to fit in and make a big impact...

And by the way I've read into what Jerry said and they're not going to have a lot of money in the salary cap to make a bunch of big splashes, in my opinion what I read from that is he mostly talked about the draft and I believe they're going to do some more high risks to get maximum value in the draft meaning they're not going to do what they did last year they're not just going to pick role players or look into the future for developmental guys because you know winning 12 games three straight years two division titles and three playoff appearances I believe that they did it feel they had to make a bunch of big moves because they didn't have a lot of holes..

Obviously that was sort of a mistake the way they handled last year's draft but they've also in the last five drafts why they've had some great drafts they've let some players who are maybe three spots from getting down to them that they clearly had as top targets they got hopped over and let somebody else pick those players and they were satisfied with getting the next guy on their board and I believe this year they're going to trade a couple of times and move up and get their targets this year and they're gonna go after some of the best players they can possibly get in the draft that is their all in..​
Again, they're going to have to restructure about four contracts just to find enough money to possibly resign some of their players and I get it they may not go after the highest free agents... again but they may get one, hopefully it's a linebacker or a center...​
But that's not what I read going all in I think that they're going to look to this year as far as the moves they make and not worry about next year's cap or players that need time to develop they're going to go after guys that can make an impact this year and that's what their version of all in might be...​

It's clear we can use an upgrade at 4 positions possibly at center and running back that would help the offense everything else looked pretty solid with the offense,

and we clearly need to retool the entire linebacker room and possibly a defensive lineman outside of that I think they should do everything they can to trade every draft pick into target a very small amount of players but get impact players we don't need 5 cheap free agents we need 2 impact free agents doesn't necessarily mean you need to get the top names but you definitely need to fill all positions that season with day one starters...

They simply just need to have the best offseason they've had in years if they really feel like they're gonna take more risks and be all in which can be defined in many ways but that's the way I see it..

blueblood70

Reaction score
There's an awful lot of speculation in here 7 months before game 1, we haven't even got into the new league year yet so can we at least give them till I don't know April and we could talk about what they did and didn't do I like to see everything that's happened after the draft,

at that point, they or WE will see what holes they didn't fill and how they react to it , maybe making a trade at that point to satisfy a fanbase, makes soem moves all the way up until the week before game 1.. :)

Proof

Reaction score
Even this year in addition to the Niners, the Lions, Eagles, Packers and Seahawks all aquired starting players all in their PRIME at the trade deadline to make their run for the playoffs

Which players did we sign again in their PRIME?....I can't quite recollect their names
Drawing a blank. Who did the Lions and Packers acquire?