The last 4 SB teams from the NFC went all in

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What is the teams definition of all in compared to the fans, as well, other teams definition?

Could be a huge difference in that philosophy / theory / plan.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Even this year in addition to the Niners, the Lions, Eagles, Packers and Seahawks all aquired starting players all in their PRIME at the trade deadline to make their run for the playoffs

Which players did we sign again in their PRIME?....I can't quite recollect their names
Drawing a blank. Who did the Lions and Packers acquire?
Right, as those teams ... what good did it do them. And who did Seattle obtain.
Seattle missed the playoffs, GB lost to SF, Eagles were one and done like we were, Lions blew their chance, and SF lost the SB.

Those teams were making the playoffs anyway, or a good chance at it. I don't think any player they obtained, got them any further than they got.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Exactly, This dude has not had an NFL job for how long?
And we are supposed to be pumped ?
:facepalm:
Being out of the NFL for what, 2 years, is not long. As he was still active for a college team.
That is the least of my concerns.

I am more concerned, will he be allowed to get the type of players he wants and needs ... LB's and DT's

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Being out of the NFL for what, 2 years, is not long. As he was still active for a college team.

I am more concerned, will he be allowed to get the type of players he wants and needs ... LB's and DT's
Fair point...
They have a lot of holes to fill on the DL and at LB.
We are going to have to thread the needle in the draft and free agency.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I have to differ a little bit about the Niners going all in. I think they knew they were going to get complimentary picks for the minority coaches that went on to become HC. Also they got extremely lucky with Purdy and his salary being so low. After the Niners trading away all those picks for Lance and it didn't turn out should have put them back several years but it did not.

Proof

Reaction score
I have to differ a little bit about the Niners going all in. I think they knew they were going to get complimentary picks for the minority coaches that went on to become HC. Also they got extremely lucky with Purdy and his salary being so low. After the Niners trading away all those picks for Lance and it didn't turn out should have put them back several years but it did not.
think it's more about going out and acquring chase young, signing randy gregory etc.

fivetwos

Reaction score

Yes, after this season, when the theme is that the defense didn’t work with Quinn’s players.

Then after two years of acquiring guys that fit Zimmers scheme, guess what then happens….

ottawacowpoke

Reaction score
Rams went all in. Tampa went all in. Eagles went all in. And SF went all in.

Two wins and two losses.

Now will this team truly go “all in”? We will find out soon enough.
Is this a rhetorical question?

shabazz

Reaction score
Right, as those teams ... what good did it do them. And who did Seattle obtain.
Seattle missed the playoffs, GB lost to SF, Eagles were one and done like we were, Lions blew their chance, and SF lost the SB.

Those teams were making the playoffs anyway, or a good chance at it. I don't think any player they obtained, got them any further than they got.
The Seahawks picked up Leonard Williams to shore up their defensive line. I'm surprised you didn't notice him when he sacked Dakota when we played them.

But you're missing the point here. At least those teams attempted to round out their rosters and Williams had 4 sacks with the Hawks in his few games there and some of these players impacts are not measurable if they aren't at the skill positions.

If you're happy with our GM and his 27 year failure, far be it from me to sway you but just so you know you are in a miniscule minority of people that see it that way....like 2% and getting lower with each years new catastrophe

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Seahawks picked up Leonard Williams to shore up their defensive line. I'm surprised you didn't notice him when he sacked Dakota when we played them.

But you're missing the point here. At least those teams attempted to round out their rosters and Williams had 4 sacks with the Hawks in his few games there and some of these players impacts are not measurable if they aren't at the skill positions.

If you're happy with our GM and his 27 year failure, far be it from me to sway you but just so you know you are in a miniscule minority of people that see it that way....like 2% and getting lower with each years new catastrophe
I did not say I was happy with our GM.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I did not say I was happy with our GM.
most are unhappy with the owner calling himself the gm while we know Will Mclay has been for soem wuite time the GM is his daily duties regardless of the mouthpiece that calls himself gm. the drafts scouting and many personal decisions are MCcLay's, so maybe WM needs to be replaced. well know the o9nwr isnt going anywhere and most like his title. lie most owners and top CEOs they always gave the last word. that will not Change and regardless of who is GM, fans expecting any differently is the issue,

I mean we even saw some struggles with the BillB, brady and ownership having differences in the future at QB for NE and TB12 went over bills head upset over the drafting of Brissett and Garoppolo and got them shipped out. Owner made the decision went over the gms. HC head. owner will always have the last word.

Flamma

Reaction score
Rams went all in. Tampa went all in. Eagles went all in. And SF went all in.

Two wins and two losses.

Now will this team truly go “all in”? We will find out soon enough.
The only team that actually went all in were the Rams. The other two just made smart moves to better the team. They did not go overboard.

Very few teams in the league do this, so when a team does anything to improve themselves it's a big story. Today's NFL with the hard cap, it's like a game by itself. A game besides the actual game. Think of any sports sim you might play. Your goal is to win a championship. You try to make smart moves towards that goal. In real life, all teams don't do that.