The last time the Cowboys hosted the 49ers in a playoff game

JonesBoys

Reaction score
I agree. We spotted the 49ers too many points to catch up but Troy threw his arse off in that game. I thought that was the best team the Cowboys had in the '90s, it's too bad history does not reflect that. :thumbup:

The pass interference that should have been called on Deion against Irvin would have made it very interesting. Cowboys would have had the ball around 5 yard line down 10 with around 6 minutes to play. 49er defense was gassed at that point. To make matters worse the idiot coach bumps the ref arguing the non call and cost the Cowboys 15 yards that pretty much sealed the game.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
if I recall correctly, the Boys fell behind 21-7 early in the first quarter but scored consistently a touchdown every quarter trying to comeback……not like being down 30-0 and then scoring two late touchdowns at the end of the 4th quarter………..slight difference

Aikman kept them close after the Cowboys were down 21-0 in the first quarter. 2 back to back turnovers killed them. This game still pisses me off. Emmitt hurt his hamstring I believe either the second or third quarter. Yes they weren’t running the ball that much but Emmitt in the open field on a pass play was always dangerous. Refs screwed the Cowboys on the non PI call on Deion as well. The football gods were punishing Jerry for the way he treated Jimmy. It would have been nice to see Jimmy be there coach when the Cowboys were going for a 3peat. Man I hate the 49ers, this is getting me going.

shabazz

Reaction score
Aikman kept them close after the Cowboys were down 21-0 in the first quarter. 2 back to back turnovers killed them. This game still pisses me off. Emmitt hurt his hamstring I believe either the second or third quarter. Yes they weren’t running the ball that much but Emmitt in the open field on a pass play was always dangerous. Refs screwed the Cowboys on the non PI call on Deion as well. The football gods were punishing Jerry for the way he treated Jimmy. It would have been nice to see Jimmy be there coach when the Cowboys were going for a 3peat. Man I hate the 49ers, this is getting me going.

i pulled up an article quoting Aikman saying although they lost, it was one of his most memorable games.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
so…you don’t see the difference between oh let’s say this years Broncos game where we were down 30-0 and than our offense scores the last 16 points when the broncos were in a 4th quarter prevent defense and not enough time to catch up, compared to the 1994 team scoring through ALL 4 Quarters of the game?…..

it was 31-21 in the 3rd quarter of the 1994 game….just a 10 point difference at one point

That’s honesty and facts to back it up.
A loss is a loss.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
You know, I used to get really upset about that 1994 game but the more I think about it the more I realize the Cowboys were lucky the game even ended with a close score at all. If Aikman hadn't converted an improbable 3rd-and-23, and if the Niners hadn't unexpectedly fumbled a kickoff, we could have been looking at a score like San Francisco 45, Dallas 14. That's how bad things could have snowballed for us. With a strong running game and defense, the Niners absolutely could have just kept piling it on.