The leaves have fallen, time to sign Prescott

Diehardblues

Reaction score
With Trevor Lawrence signing today ; 275 million for 5 years … the leaves have fallen.

Goff signed a few weeks ago. Don’t think we need to wait on Tua. Enough leaves have fallen.

The new Market has been set. 55 million. Dak cannot demand anymore. It’s time for Jethro & Son to get a deal done if that’s their intention.

leeblair

Reaction score
With Trevor Lawrence signing today ; 275 million for 5 years … the leaves have fallen.

Goff signed a few weeks ago. Don’t think we need to wait on Tua. Enough leaves have fallen.

The new Market has been set. 55 million. Dak cannot demand anymore. It’s time for Jethro & Son to get a deal done if that’s their intention.
NO!

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

It’s not their intention.

Or at least it shouldn’t be if they are serious about ever winning a Championship.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
It’s not their intention.

Or at least it shouldn’t be if they are serious about ever winning a Championship.
Jerry? Serious about winning a championship? That might be the funniest thing I have heard all month. Jerry has constantly said he would do anything to win another super bowl, but there is one thing he will never do to actually give it a chance of happening.

So what should be made of his comment? He isn't really all that interested in winning another championship, especially if the cost is him having to make a necessary sacrifice. He's even admitted he should have been fired, but he still refuses to make that move.

Last edited:

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

Your hope won’t get Dak signed.

He’s gone. Accept it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Regardless however we feel. The leaves have fallen. No more excuses for Jethro & Son.

It’s time to put up or shut up with Dak. Either resign him or let it be known he’s gone . The Market Price has been set.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
As strange as this may sound Lawrence's contract may have priced Dak out of Jerry's range. Just me, if the market just made Lawrence the highest-paid with average numbers and some are already saying Tua could be looking for nearly $60M. I wonder if we are approaching numbers ($60-65M) where the FO simply just let him walk

Sydla

Reaction score
I do wonder if some teams are going to break the franchise QB mold and start churning QBs on their roster and just trying to build a great roster around a QB. The Ravens/Dilfer method.

These QB contracts are out of control and in reality there are like maybe 2-3 worth that much coin, Mahomes being an obvious one.

This might be the Cowboys thinking. The cost is too much, let Dak play out his deal, turn to Lance and draft a developmental QB. Use cap savings to build a better team around Lance. The only flaw in this is that the Cowboys are $%#Q$#Q# cheap in FA so they won't build crap for Lance.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
As strange as this may sound Lawrence's contract may have priced Dak out of Jerry's range. Just me, if the market just made Lawrence the highest-paid with average numbers and some are already saying Tua could be looking for nearly $60M. I wonder if we are approaching numbers ($60-65M) where the FO simply just let him walk

55 has to be the base line now. If Dak isn’t willing to accept then he could be moving on.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I do wonder if some teams are going to break the franchise QB mold and start churning QBs on their roster and just trying to build a great roster around a QB. The Ravens/Dilfer method.

These QB contracts are out of control and in reality there are like maybe 2-3 worth that much coin, Mahomes being an obvious one.

This might be the Cowboys thinking. The cost is too much, let Dak play out his deal, turn to Lance and draft a developmental QB. Use cap savings to build a better team around Lance. The only flaw in this is that the Cowboys are $%#Q$#Q# cheap in FA so they won't build crap for Lance.
I think most fans are ready to move on. Just not sure Jethro is yet.

Wangchung83

Reaction score
If I were Dak, I would test the market and go to one of the highest bidders who has a chance to win a ring. He has no chance to win in Dallas cause Jerry and Giggles are incapable of building a winner.
Well the only way he’s winning in riding the pine. Boy didn’t win in high school, college, and hasn’t looked like he can make a deep run much less win a Super Bowl. I’d rather him leave and show all us doubters wrong.