The leaves have fallen, time to sign Prescott

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
With Trevor Lawrence signing today ; 275 million for 5 years … the leaves have fallen.

Goff signed a few weeks ago. Don’t think we need to wait on Tua. Enough leaves have fallen.

The new Market has been set. 55 million. Dak cannot demand anymore. It’s time for Jethro & Son to get a deal done if that’s their intention.
Dak’s agent will say he’s better than Lawrence. Which he is. I hope Dak signed for 50 a year but the business side of all these signings seems to favor these high contracts. $200 million guaranteed for Lawrence. My Lord, that’s a lot of money.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Absolutely he would. And this doesn't get talked about enough

If Dak was performing at a similar level in, say, Cleveland as opposed to Dallas, he wouldn't be making anywhere near what he's making off the field.

I keep seeing all these articles posted about Dak having all the leverage and so forth

But being QB 1 in Dallas pays real well off the field as well.

Dak knows he's in a pretty good situation here even if he signs for "less than market value"

Where else can a guy sign a boatload of endorsement deals with basically no postseason accolades to show for it.

How many tv commercials is Lamar Jackson appearing in on a daily basis?
Lamar‘s one ugly human being same as me. He’s only good for radio. :laugh:

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Absolutely he would. And this doesn't get talked about enough

If Dak was performing at a similar level in, say, Cleveland as opposed to Dallas, he wouldn't be making anywhere near what he's making off the field.

I keep seeing all these articles posted about Dak having all the leverage and so forth

But being QB 1 in Dallas pays real well off the field as well.

Dak knows he's in a pretty good situation here even if he signs for "less than market value"

Where else can a guy sign a boatload of endorsement deals with basically no postseason accolades to show for it.

How many tv commercials is Lamar Jackson appearing in on a daily basis?
I think this is probably over discussed to be honest. Dak could move to a new team, be the highlight of the offseason and instantly be #1 in jersey sales, and if he goes to a bigger market team his endorsement money wont suffer much at all. Last year he made $14M off the field. Russell Wilson made $12, Aaron Rodgers made $9.....You are right about Lamar though, he brought in just $2M. Its part of the reason why I think if Dak were to leave it would be to a team like New York, Vegas, or maybe Pittsburgh.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I think Jerry is ready, but why in the world should Dak consider signing?
Regardless of what Jerry offers now, Dak will make considerably more by taking his huge payday this year and becoming a free agent. Dak is in a position that starting QBs whove won a lot of games and been to pro bowls never get to while in their prime. I feel certain those advising Dak are begging him not to sign anything and test the free agent market.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I think Jerry is ready, but why in the world should Dak consider signing?
Regardless of what Jerry offers now, Dak will make considerably more by taking his huge payday this year and becoming a free agent. Dak is in a position that starting QBs whove won a lot of games and been to pro bowls never get to while in their prime. I feel certain those advising Dak are begging him not to sign anything and test the free agent market.
I would agree and it was basically set up that way from the start of the last contract. No trade, no franchise clauses leaves Dallas defenseless against Dak walking under his terms. Why would the guy bail on the plan now?

three months ago when Dallas could have actually used the money saved to help improve the team I could understand. At this point though Dak is only hurting himself by signing anything.

rags747

Reaction score
With Trevor Lawrence signing today ; 275 million for 5 years … the leaves have fallen.

Goff signed a few weeks ago. Don’t think we need to wait on Tua. Enough leaves have fallen.

The new Market has been set. 55 million. Dak cannot demand anymore. It’s time for Jethro & Son to get a deal done if that’s their intention.
The difference being that Dak is going into year 9 and we have all seen this movie before.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Funny. In another thread the Homers are calling me a Dak Hater. Lol

We shall see. I’m not attached to Prescott. Anymore than I was with Romo.

I’m just not sure it matters as long as Jethro is running the show.
You're one of the more objective people on this site, neither homer nor hater, IMO. I've been back and forth on Dak, but at this point I think we've seen his ceiling when it comes to this organization, and he is not going to get any better or younger, so I cannot in got faith hope for Jerry to get a deal done. Not that my opinion will have an impact on the outcome. I'm ready to move on.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Goff is a winner with not 1, but 2 teams. Trevor is young with potential, this had to happen. Dak is a regular season winner who is 31, he does not belong in the conversation with either of those 2 qb's

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Dak loves this team. The only thing ya'll haters have to hold onto is Dak all of a sudden not loving this team, which would prompt him to go elsewhere.

But as long as he keeps loving his team, and produces another year where he's in the MVP conversation.... Jerry has no choice but the sign him. Nobody ever has not signed an MVP candidate for 2 straight years.
Jerry has a choice. And players love whatever team they play for. If Dak Prescott is the Cowboys’ quarterback in 2025 it will be for now less than $55 million AAV.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score

Don't worry we look forward to making headlines it's a joke we'd love nothing more but to reset the market

ArtClink

Reaction score
Well the only way he’s winning in riding the pine. Boy didn’t win in high school, college, and hasn’t looked like he can make a deep run much less win a Super Bowl. I’d rather him leave and show all us doubters wrong.
He lacks a championship caliber defense here and the GM liability.

Buzzbait

Reaction score

Dak cannot demand anymore?
Never say can't. LOL

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Dak already had his moment to set the market. He's not good enough to warrant further investment. However, he's in the right place if he wants to get massively overpaid for no Super Bowl. It's Jerry, after all.

Redline360

Reaction score
At one point Dak looked liked the best quarterback from his class and I would have agreed at one point however Goff imo better of the two now

One conference game and a superbowl appearance then shipped out of LA. Granted Goff was nothing spectacular with the Rams in the playoffs and was medicore at best. Why they upgraded with Stafford as everyone knew he had the talent.

Goes to the lions and puts together the team taking the trash lions to 9-8 and 12-5 seasons and brings them to the conference game last year. Looked good in the playoffs too. Had them leading 24-7 at halftime before they melted down on both sides of the ball after the Gibbs fumble. Funny how momentum can instantly change a game.

They both haven't been anything spectacular in the playoffs but Goff has paid slightly better once you get past face value stats.

TWOK11

Reaction score
I do wonder if some teams are going to break the franchise QB mold and start churning QBs on their roster and just trying to build a great roster around a QB. The Ravens/Dilfer method.

These QB contracts are out of control and in reality there are like maybe 2-3 worth that much coin, Mahomes being an obvious one.

This might be the Cowboys thinking. The cost is too much, let Dak play out his deal, turn to Lance and draft a developmental QB. Use cap savings to build a better team around Lance. The only flaw in this is that the Cowboys are $%#Q$#Q# cheap in FA so they won't build crap for Lance.
It’s shocking to me how many sports fans don’t understand the concept of “worth”. So much so that they often don’t even use the word correctly in context.

It makes all these discussions largely pointless, because there is a fundamental disconnect in definitions. Add in the fact that the average sports fan has a below average IQ (they’ve actually studied this believe it or not) and you end up with people who say incomprehensible things like “X quarterback isn’t worth Y amount because he doesn’t have Z accomplishment”.

TWOK11

Reaction score
At one point Dak looked liked the best quarterback from his class and I would have agreed at one point however Goff imo better of the two now

One conference game and a superbowl appearance then shipped out of LA. Granted Goff was nothing spectacular with the Rams in the playoffs and was medicore at best. Why they upgraded with Stafford as everyone knew he had the talent.

Goes to the lions and puts together the team taking the trash lions to 9-8 and 12-5 seasons and brings them to the conference game last year. Looked good in the playoffs too. Had them leading 24-7 at halftime before they melted down on both sides of the ball after the Gibbs fumble. Funny how momentum can instantly change a game.

They both haven't been anything spectacular in the playoffs but Goff has paid slightly better once you get past face value stats.
The gap between Dak and Goff is greater than the gap between Mahomes and Derek Carr, statistically speaking. Just for some perspective to highlight how insane this post is.