The leaves have fallen, time to sign Prescott

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I do wonder if some teams are going to break the franchise QB mold and start churning QBs on their roster and just trying to build a great roster around a QB. The Ravens/Dilfer method.

These QB contracts are out of control and in reality there are like maybe 2-3 worth that much coin, Mahomes being an obvious one.

This might be the Cowboys thinking. The cost is too much, let Dak play out his deal, turn to Lance and draft a developmental QB. Use cap savings to build a better team around Lance. The only flaw in this is that the Cowboys are $%#Q$#Q# cheap in FA so they won't build crap for Lance.
Their method is build via the draft.....so even if they had $100M in the cap, Stephen ain't spending any serious money on an outside free agent.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
We’ll see. The clock is ticking . I’d say if a deal isn’t done by the start of the season , he’s gone.
You could be right.......I think unless Jerry offers some crazy number, Dak and Frnace have no intention of signing anything until after the season. There is a reason he keeps reminding everyone how he has bet on himself before.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Money is never the issue for Jerry. He has the richest team. If Lawrence got signed on a historically bottom feeding team, Jerry is not concerned with how much money he has to fork over for Dak.

He waited a long time last time as well, and all we did was wake up one day to news of Dak being signed. He's doing the same thing this time. He just wants to make sure he's got his finances in check before the final move is made. Parsons, Lamb, and Dak are all gonna be signed - this year, or next doesn't matter. it's a matter of 1 or 2 million more dollars..... and who cares about that Lawrence deal - doesn't make a lick of difference.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You could be right.......I think unless Jerry offers some crazy number, Dak and Frnace have no intention of signing anything until after the season. There is a reason he keeps reminding everyone how he has bet on himself before.
The risk of injury without a contract is a concern for Dak. And I truly believe he’d prefer staying in Dallas.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Dak loves this team. The only thing ya'll haters have to hold onto is Dak all of a sudden not loving this team, which would prompt him to go elsewhere.

But as long as he keeps loving his team, and produces another year where he's in the MVP conversation.... Jerry has no choice but the sign him. Nobody ever has not signed an MVP candidate for 2 straight years.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I have to believe that if Dak was willing to sign for $55m it would be done already. Dak is likely looking for $60 plus and will get that and likely closer to $65m next year when he hits free agency and the cap explodes another 10%.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I have to believe that if Dak was willing to sign for $55m it would be done already. Dak is likely looking for $60 plus and will get that and likely closer to $65m next year when he hits free agency and the cap explodes another 10%.
That’s assuming he stays healthy.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
Jerry? Serious about winning a championship? That might be the funniest thing I have heard all month. Jerry has constantly said he would do anything to win another super bowl, but there is one thing he will never do to actually give it a chance of happening.

So what should be made of his comment? He isn't really all that interested in winning another championship, especially if the cost is him having to make a necessary sacrifice. He's even admitted he should have been fired, but he still refuses to make that move.
I don't know, there is way more sand in the bottom half of Jerry's hour glass now a days. He may want it a little bit more now...

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Jerry standing around for a few more leaves to fall...

cjzrR37.jpg

krs1bro

Reaction score
oh nooooooo.....mr Bill. yikes. I was all in on Dak last year until The GB game. How does an NFL QB play good all season and just look so lost in a big game.....nuff said. Gotta move on IMO. He had other melt downs during last season that backs up the inevitable. NOT GONNA HAPPEN W DAK!!

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Yes, but he’ll be 5 years older now over 30.
Kirk Cousins is 36, played in 8 games last season, and just got $180M over 4 years.

Outside of the extreme injuries like a Teddy Bridgewater or Tua type of situation I just don't see the risk for Dak. Good chance he has an insurance policy on himself for some type of catastrophic injury too.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
It’s not their intention.

Or at least it shouldn’t be if they are serious about ever winning a Championship.
It is their intention because it’s their only chance on winning a Championship in the next few years. I mean, duh.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
. And I truly believe he’d prefer staying in Dallas.
Absolutely he would. And this doesn't get talked about enough

If Dak was performing at a similar level in, say, Cleveland as opposed to Dallas, he wouldn't be making anywhere near what he's making off the field.

I keep seeing all these articles posted about Dak having all the leverage and so forth

But being QB 1 in Dallas pays real well off the field as well.

Dak knows he's in a pretty good situation here even if he signs for "less than market value"

Where else can a guy sign a boatload of endorsement deals with basically no postseason accolades to show for it.

How many tv commercials is Lamar Jackson appearing in on a daily basis?