The list of holes going into 2021 is a lot shorter than 3 weeks ago

foofighters

Reaction score
I hate to inform you that outside something extremely unlikely happening, the Jones family will own and run the Dallas Cowboys for the rest of our lives.

So while I do not really disagree with your comment above, the fact of the matter is the Jones family is not going anywhere no matter how much we all would wish they all would just go away.

If you cannot live with that fact, then maybe you should look for another team to support. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be rude or mean. There are a LOT of things that can and will change for the Dallas Cowboys in the future, but complaining about the ONE THING that will not is not healthy or helpful.

JMHO
Jerry is going to outlive us all. I already know that I'll never see another Cowboys team win the Super Bowl. I am not going anywhere just stating a fact about the Jones Boys.

mrmojo

Reaction score
I thought they were both horrible, they didnt even mention or know that Wilson took the ball from Cousins until after the commercial break. And dont get me started on the Jaylon comments.....people liked him because he was all over the Cowboys jocks...

JBS

Reaction score
Woods and Gallimore have been solid. They aren’t massive holes. They’re not pro bowlers but Gallimore is a rookie and not many 1T are going to make more splash plays than Woods.

Yeah..ok..those 2 holes are just as big as any of the holes you listed

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
The team still needs help at all 3 levels of defense. The offensive line doesn’t look as dire as it did a few weeks back. But I’d still take an O-lineman with one of our first three picks.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I see T, S, CB, DT, LB as the list. QB is a mystery but goes to the top of the list if Jerry does the stupid.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
We are thisclose.

tenor.gif

Jake0

Reaction score
The needs can change based on development of young players. If they didn't improve at all by the end of the year getting tons of reps, probably not gonna be anything more than a backup next year. Wilson is flashing starting potential and he is on track based on his draft status of grabbing a redshirt player with potential.

visionary

Reaction score
Assuming Dak and the OL all come back healthy next year, the list of huge holes on this team is a lot shorter than we previously thought.

I really only see 3 MUST fills

1) CB opposite Diggs. - Brown can be in nickel and be servicable.

2) X Woods - Wilson has brought value to the opposite safety spot so we only need to fill one

3) Jaylons role - He’s not going to be cut and there’s probably a way to make him have a decent role like using him as a human missile on passing downs. But it would be nice to have someone equal to LVE playing next to him.

So while yes it would be nice to have a top 10 pick, seeing players on the roster develop is better than being in a spot to take rookies that will need time to develop also.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Nothing more is needed

Shake_Tiller

Reaction score
Assuming Dak and the OL all come back healthy next year, the list of huge holes on this team is a lot shorter than we previously thought.

2) X Woods - Wilson has brought value to the opposite safety spot so we only need to fill one

3) Jaylons role - He’s not going to be cut and there’s probably a way to make him have a decent role like using him as a human missile on passing downs. But it would be nice to have someone equal to LVE playing next to him.

So while yes it would be nice to have a top 10 pick, seeing players on the roster develop is better than being in a spot to take rookies that will need time to develop also.
Fundamentally, I agree with you, and not because I wear rose-colored glasses, though they do look good with my vintage leisure suit. I think it comes down to how all of us, individually, define what is a true need, or a hole that is too deep not to have a huge negative impact on games.

The Cowboys have some serious weaknesses, but all teams have those. The question is whether they are too serious to overcome.

I might add CBs and pass rushers to your list, but I like your thought process and think your reasoning is extremely sound.

Aven8

Reaction score
The way the NFC looks we’re not that far away. I mean NO’s is the #1 seed as of today and they aren’t that great.

Western

Reaction score
A big 'hole' is the QB.

The only QB signed beyond 2020 is DiNucci.
If Dalton finishes the season strong, unlike Dak he would negotiate and sign a shorter team-friendly deal (since 2011 Dalton has already pocketed significant money).
Now, if Dalton starts to crumble and have very poor performances, the team will have an opportunity to draft a younger, healthier, higher ceiling, and cheap QB on a rookie contract to develop.
At the end of the day, if Dalton performs effectively he has negotiation leverage to remain the starter.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let’s see...T, S, CB, DT, DE, LB, P....other than that, we're set, lol.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
The offense doesn't need a lot. I think McGovern might be a player.

The defense needs help pretty much everywhere.

davey999

Reaction score
DT, P, LG, RB (after Zeke cut), LB, CB

Pretty extensive list.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I'm not sure I agree about Brown. He was toasted all day yesterday and I would like an upgrade over him.

But I definitely agree that there look to be several nice pieces here for the future, like Diggs, Gallimore, Wilson, and several young offensive linemen.

ESisback

Reaction score
Let Dak, Jarwin and our OL come back. The offense will be fine. Spend the draft and FA on:
2 DT
2 LB
2 CB
2 S
LT

Kaiser

Reaction score
The offense doesn't need a lot. I think McGovern might be a player.

The defense needs help pretty much everywhere.

Dak, Jarwin, Tyron and Collins are all expected to make full recoveries. That will put Pro Bowlers on the offense, along with Collins who should have been and Gallup and Lamb who could easily be at that level next year. Of the rest, Jarwin, Williams and Biadasz will be solid starters. Our offense might have more talent than any team in the NFL next year.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Jerry just loves you soooooo much.

The biggest issue with the team is still there along with several small issues. We aren't doing much in the playoffs (ever) as long as the Jones Boys are around.

Yes, its just so awful when a team assembles as much talent as anyone in the NFL and then fires their personal favorite to hire a HC with a Super Bowl ring to put them over the top.

You might want to google the phrase "Daniel Snyder".