FEATURED The Mike McCarthy Project - what he's been doing to prepare

AKATheRake

Reaction score
It is a PR video by Mike and his buddies including Peter King ...I am not inspired by this hire.Urban would been the best by miles.

I was as big an Urban Meyer booster as any, but so far from what I have been seeing I think this was a better hire. How come nobody is knocking on Meyers door?

McCarthy's reputation and resume are outstanding. The coaching staff he is putting together is top tier and McCarthy at 56 doesn't seem like he's done. He sounds invigorated, definitely prepared and this is the organization he wanted to be apart of. He's already getting the results on what should be his primary focus right now by almost being done rounding off his coaching staff before week 2 of the playoffs.

He's may coaches in the playoffs he wants as candidates, he may not. But 1 thing is for certain, respected coaches want to work under him and anyone he has wanted so far has obliged even before he was officially sworn in as our HC. That speaks volumes.

I don't know how many other HC's would receive such an instant following. Ron Rivera is bringing over his old staff from Carolina that is in no way as accomplished as the staff McCarthy is bringing over. Matt Rhule and Joe Judge have who working with them? Who are they even evaluating?

Regarding Meyer, who could he have brought with him at the NFL level?

I think we did really well and I was very underwhelmed at first. But this makes sense right here in 2020.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Its not like the guy has been sitting on his arse for a year. He has been studying his mistakes and learning from them. Garrett couldnt even admit when he made a mistake for God's sake.
I've said that for years about Garrett, he's never been one to learn from his mistakes, but then that's because he never makes any; Just ask him! :laugh:

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
I was as big an Urban Meyer booster as any, but so far from what I have been seeing I think this was a better hire. How come nobody is knocking on Meyers door?

McCarthy's reputation and resume are outstanding. The coaching staff he is putting together is top tier and McCarthy at 56 doesn't seem like he's done. He sounds invigorated, definitely prepared and this is the organization he wanted to be apart of. He's already getting the results on what should be his primary focus right now by almost being done rounding off his coaching staff before week 2 of the playoffs.

He's may coaches in the playoffs he wants as candidates, he may not. But 1 thing is for certain, respected coaches want to work under him and anyone he has wanted so far has obliged even before he was officially sworn in as our HC. That speaks volumes.

I don't know how many other HC's would receive such an instant following. Ron Rivera is bringing over his old staff from Carolina that is in no way as accomplished as the staff McCarthy is bringing over. Matt Rhule and Joe Judge have who working with them? Who are they even evaluating?

Regarding Meyer, who could he have brought with him at the NFL level?

I think we did really well and I was very underwhelmed at first. But this makes sense right here in 2020.
Next season we will find out......we have been fooled for many seasons.... it is hard to trust the plan that quick....Just hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I love the fact that he took the opportunity of having time off from head coaching and buried himself in football to become a better coach, and hopefully, learn by his mistakes. I think that says a lot! What do you think Garrett is doing? Probably just feeling sorry for himself. Enough about Garrett though, I'm liking this hiring more and more. I know it wasn't a "sexy" hire but I do think it was a solid choice. I haven't felt this excited for an upcoming season for a very long time. Time will tell if it was the right move but at least it is change. Finally.

Beaker42

Reaction score
OK maybe it wasn’t such a meh hire after all. I was wanting Urban but let’s see where this goes.