FEATURED The Mike McCarthy Project - what he's been doing to prepare

phildadon86

Reaction score
I’m beginning to come around. Hopefully this QB school can help Dak, as he severely needs the help. Now if only we can get a good ST coordinator.
He doesnt severely need help. Come on. Now you're being disingenuous. He came back to Earth after the Pats game when Jerry destroyed the entire teams confidence. And was injured for the last 2 games. Would you rather Wentz? Who cant stay healthy at all?

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
What is Urban's track record in the NFL to stress that he would've been better than McCarthy's experience in the NFL? "By miles" come on now, McCarthy has won in this league consistently and you're taking a shot in the dark with the other guy.
The players will have more respect for him ....he has his won personality JJ won't be able to manipulate him.
as for record what did Mike do without AR?

rags747

Reaction score
Ok things are starting to make sense . McCarthy hired a coaching staff and spent every single day in his greenbay home in 2019 studying league trends , using cutting edge analytics , studying plays and players . He was ready . He’s hungry , he wants this bad .

I feel waaaay better now and actually excited .
Cutting edge analytics is a bunch of crap. Please someone tell me what this is. All it is is mouth candy.

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
Cutting edge analytics is a bunch of crap. Please someone tell me what this is. All it is is mouth candy.

Well it appears you already know what it is.

Should someone at home type, provide insight, or post articles and links about analytics when the guy asking has already decided that it's 'mouth candy'?

IheartRomo

Reaction score

You're saying the use of analytics is crap or the notion that McCarthy is all in on them is crap? If the former, then you're mistaken.

rags747

Reaction score
And yet no one has explained these analytics, interesting. Is it a secret?

Galian Beast

Reaction score
So i guess its pointless then right? Since history is always right.

Don't read into what people say or write. It doesn't mean it is pointless, but it speaks to the difficulty of the task. The game changes very quickly and you put together a winning format in the NFL and it is hard to redo that in a different location. It's even difficult to win with the same team at very different ends.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
How many coaches have never won a Super Bowl at all?

Look at coaches like Shula, Parcells, Lombardi, Dungy, Gruden, Reeves, Holmgren.....they are successful wherever they go.

That fact you state is more of a strange coincidence than a meaningful fact.

How successful? If McCarty takes us to two NFC Championships in 7 years, would you consider his time here a success? We've really lowered the bar because of the last 25 years...

Galian Beast

Reaction score
None. But quite a few have come very close.

I think that’s more indicative of how hard it is to Win a Super Bowl. I don’t think a previous Super Bowl winner has less chance of winning another one, than any other coach though. It’s just one of those things that hasn’t happened yet.

I do think it is less a chance of winning.

You might be right that they have a better chance than any given coach, but I think going for young talented coaches that can connect with players and or put together innovative staffs are better suited to winning.

Sully

Reaction score
To the board monitors. There are threads on McCarthy so I hope you just leave this one because I would like to post this video :

This is a Peter King interview with Coach McCarthy at his home in Green Bay, Wisconsin.
What the coach has learned from a year off to improve himself, evolve and stay up-to-date.

There are Dallas fans happy with the hire and others that wanted that BIG splash like Urban Meyers or Lincoln Riley. But if you are honest with yourself, after watching this video, you have to be encourage with the hiring.

Time will tell if this is a success or looking again, but at this moment, you have to be happy.
Welcome to Dallas Coach McCarthy !

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
Garrett did that week to week and every offseason.
Garett refused actual analytics and said so himself . We are talking computers , software and apps For analyzing play probabilities and trends not watching tape .

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
It’s using computers , software and applications to study play probabilities for failure and success , players for output based on many different metrics, opponents and tendencies . It’s basically bringing the organization into the 21st century . It’s harvesting real information that matters .

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Its not like the guy has been sitting on his arse for a year. He has been studying his mistakes and learning from them. Garrett couldnt even admit when he made a mistake for God's sake.
I how you’re right and that sounds like it makes a lot of sense. I’m just weary about going with another retread that may be stuck in his ways. The video seems to indicate he’s willing to learn and change.

Im not one of those negative fans. I want him to be a great hire. He just doesn’t give me a positive feeling, initially.

I said it 100 times. I hate trying to be the team to break the all time record that no coach has won it for two teams. Despite many good coaches trying.

Bottom line is nearly anyone is better than Garrett.