The More I think Of The Bucs Game.

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
You know,the more I think of the Bucs game the more proud I am of the effort of this team.

Think about it , Romo -out, Newman-out, R,Williams-out, Felix Jones-out, McBriar -out, Pacman left a hole in the secondary, Witten gets hurt, Henry gets hurt.

I know some here have said that Pac was no prize out there, but he was a starter and someone we had to replace with a second stringer, Some say we played better without Henry ,maybe so, but at the time, who new the rooks would step up.

Overall I have to say they played a Great game considering who wasn't there.

I know B.Johnson's no prize , but thats a whole other subject.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
sandtrapp;2379279 said:
You know,the more I think of the Bucs game the more proud I am of the effort of this team.

Think about it , Romo -out, Newman-out, R,Williams-out, Felix Jones-out, McBriar -out, Pacman left a hole in the secondary, Witten gets hurt, Henry gets hurt.

I know some here have said that Pac was no prize out there, but he was a starter and someone we had to replace with a second stringer, Some say we played better without Henry ,maybe so, but at the time, who new the rooks would step up.

Overall I have to say they played a Great game considering who wasn't there.

I know B.Johnson's no prize , but thats a whole other subject.
why do people keep adding him in with the good players who are injured? he did nothing for us this year and last year. were a better team without him.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Yep. Reminded me of the game in 99 versus Green Bay where we trotted out Jason Garrett, Chris Warren, Rocket Ismail and Ernie Mills/Wane McGarity at WR and pulled out a gutsy win.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Rampage;2379285 said:
why do people keep adding him in with the good players who are injured? he did nothing for us this year and last year. were a better team without him.
Roy Williams is still on the team?

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
Rampage;2379285 said:

I think you missed my point, R.Williams is a starter,took most snaps in practice I''m guessing and maybe he doesn't' cover too well, but he starts, and when he's not in there adjustments have to be made.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Rampage;2379285 said:

Probably because he's the best strong safety on the team. You can feel how you want about Roy but look at the strong safety position in the league and you'll see that Roy isn't that much worse or better than the rest of the pack.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
sandtrapp;2379299 said:
I think you missed my point, R.Williams is a starter,took most snaps in practice I''m guessing and maybe he doesn't' cover too well, but he starts, and when he's not in there adjustments have to be made.
didn't we try to hide him in coverage? i'd call that an adjustment when he was in there. I get your point about him being a starter but it's not a loss.

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
Rampage;2379303 said:
didn't we try to hide him in coverage? i'd call that an adjustment when he was in there. I get your point about him being a starter but it's not a loss.

Well if not a loss ,how about a bump in the road.;)

By the way, I just read your avatar ,I guess I should have expected your reaction.;):laugh2:

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
That was a critical win, imagine sitting at 4-4 and we had lost?

We have a chance to creep up on Giants now and get right back in Division going into bye.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;2379303 said:

Bellicheater on local radio show asked about what made Sanders such a special safety especially at his size. His answer is what no one seems to have done with Roy here.

He said they brought him up into the box almost as a Monster LB and deploy him in spots that are tough to get at him. IE - he in that scheme is going to be the guy free to flow to play and he's good at that. Guest said well why don't you play action and force him into coverage. ANSWER - No when Sanders is up in there he has little to no downfield responsibility! Imagine that - getting Roy in the box and just sending him with ZERO pass responsibilities..... He could excel at that in run blitzes and hitting people and not chasing them into the endzone.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Nors;2379320 said:
Bellicheater on local radio show asked about what made Sanders such a special safety especially at his size. His answer is what no one seems to have done with Roy here.

He said they brought him up into the box almost as a Monster LB and deploy him in spots that are tough to get at him. IE - he in that scheme is going to be the guy free to flow to play and he's good at that. Guest said well why don't you play action and force him into coverage. ANSWER - No when Sanders is up in there he has little to no downfield responsibility! Imagine that - getting Roy in the box and just sending him with ZERO pass responsibilities..... He could excel at that in run blitzes and hitting people and not chasing them into the endzone.
yeah kinda like how the Steelers let Polomalu just roam and make plays. ive never understood why we didn't do that with Roy.

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
Rampage;2379335 said:
yeah kinda like how the Steelers let Polomalu just roam and make plays. ive never understood why we didn't do that with Roy.
Cause it does not fit our conservative scheme we have played on D for awhile. I was of the opinion in the beginning of the season that with better corners it would free him up to do that. Granted he did not play much but that never seemed to be the game plan for him. He could be a monster if we let him just roam and sniff out plays.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
ABQcowboyJR;2379408 said:
Cause it does not fit our conservative scheme we have played on D for awhile. I was of the opinion in the beginning of the season that with better corners it would free him up to do that. Granted he did not play much but that never seemed to be the game plan for him. He could be a monster if we let him just roam and sniff out plays.

And bring some swagger back to Roys game. Deep down he knows he can't run with WR's. He's a 230 pound LB/SS - Monster back. Players and teams like to attack versus retreat and defend. My readings are Phillips wants smaller faster safeties but he could have moved Roy more into the box and let him start flying around more with less pass responsibilty.