The more time passes by, the more I realize 2007 was the year

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
The Pats offense destroyed the Giants defense in New York as well that year. Dallas gave up fewer points, fewer yards per play and generated more turnovers than the Giants did that year. No one saw the Giants defense stepping up in the fashion that they did in the playoffs. They gave up 37 points per game against the Cowboys, Packers and Patriots in the regular season. They dropped that average by almost 20 in the playoffs. Anything can happen once you make it to the post-season. Unfortunately for Dallas anything did happen that year.

I like that you backed that up with stats over my professional observation :) I was thinking more of our DL/OLB talent that year to be able to generate the type of pressure the G DL did. This is just my eye test though, Ware and Rat could've blown up for all I know. There is no denying that was the best chance this team had though. Just splitting hairs or being "difficult."

Coy

Reaction score
No doubt, but we had a 4 to 5 year window from that point on because we had excellent players at the most important skill positions, unfortunately Jerry hired Garrett to keep this thing going and it all went downhill from there.

Stinger_Splash

Reaction score
Man, that year was my favorite football season especially the win against the Bills. That was crazy. The ending sucked though. This team will never win under Garrett/Romo.