The more time passes by, the more I realize 2007 was the year

The Natural

Reaction score
At the very least they should've been competing for the title. If i remember right we played the Patriots early in the year and they waxed us, it would've been a tough game but losing to the damn giants in the divisional game is par the course for this franchise the last 15 or however many years

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
I don't think we would have beaten the Patriots in the Super Bowl but just making it that far would have changed the dynamics of this team and their mentality instead of the Culture of Mediocrity we've experienced since then.

Titleist

Reaction score
Even if we made it to the Super Bowl, I couldn't see us winning against the Pats. Sorry, but no way.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
2007 was our best team with this QB.

NFL Rank in Pass Offense, Pass Defense, Rushing TD (avg of the 3)
2006 8th, 20th, 3rd (avg 10th)
2007 4th, 5th, 10th (avg 6th)
2008 13th, 20th, 22nd (avg 18th)
2009 6th, 16th, 15th (avg 12th)
2010 12th, 29th, 21st (avg 21st)
2011 4th, 25th, 30th (avg 20th)
2012 9th, 29th, 27th (avg 22nd)
2013 7th, 24th, 17th (avg 16th) thru 15 games

When the average of these three categories is in the top 12, we've been one of the 12 teams to make the playoffs.

When the pass defense is in the top half of the league, we win at least 10 games and win the division.

Animosity

Reaction score
Didn't we have like 15 players go to the pro bowl that year? Yes, 2007 was the year we should have won it all. Instead, we get beaten in our first game.

dware94

Reaction score
And of all people Patrick Crayton has the balls to bash the Cowboys.. I wonder if he remembers the '07 Giants playoff game?

rags747

Reaction score
07 was Most Definitely the year. Had some young superstars on that team, unfortunately the O line fell apart like a cheap suit in the 2nd half...Very disappointing outcome and Romo once again gets all the blame for choking, I call BS on that.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Cabo.

A word that will lives in Cowboy lore like Ice Bowl.

Disastrous.

This has been the legacy with Romo since the fumbled snap in Seattle.

I like him personally..

..but as a QB for this team...

..he's managed little but personal accomplishments.

Cabo wasn't the problem.

you forget who our QB is. Jerry lucked into that 2007 season.

No, the team played well and the QB as usual played well, too during that season.

we didn't lose the game because of 1 drop. I know people like to fantasize about being able to blame 1 individual for the loss, but it was a well rounded effort to lose that one.

No, it is never one players fault. It takes a team. Many guys contributed to that loss. Crayton also had more than just the drop. He also failed to continue his route late in the game. Had he done he would have scored a game winning TD because Romo put it in the exact spot Crayton was supposed to be.

dallasfan4lizife

Reaction score
Cabo wasn't the problem.

No, the team played well and the QB as usual played well, too during that season.

No, it is never one players fault. It takes a team. Many guys contributed to that loss. Crayton also had more than just the drop. He also failed to continue his route late in the game. Had he done he would have scored a game winning TD because Romo put it in the exact spot Crayton was supposed to be.

Cabo the week before a playoff game wasn't an issue? He should be focused on what he gets paid millions to do. He couldn't wait until after the season?

He had a 64 rating and played poorly in that game.

Enough with the fantasizing, crayton never had a shot at that ball and it was a poorly designed play to begin with.

lqmac1

Reaction score
2007 was the year.

anybody else feel the same?

I feel %100. That's the year that got away. I think we were the only team that gave the Pats a run for their money, aswell.