The most embarrassing game in the history of DFW sports

DenCWBY

Reaction score
... and the credit goes to KMoron .
He's a big part of it but the team got busted in the nose and never recovered. Our oline and dline stupid and poorly coached. Dak needs help and needs to learn to read defenses.

loublue22

Reaction score
we are a literal laughingstock, as in every other fanbase hates Dallas and wants us to lose, while simultaneously knowing that we will lose in the most inept, embarrassing way possible. And we deliver every time. The only team in the last 25 years that was legit was 2014, and that team lost on a technicality.

J817

Reaction score
I’m sure Cleveland and Detroit are sick as well, but they still show up and have been showing up. They’re a passionate sports towns, DFW is not.

Look how bad Seattle was this year and not once was their stadium taken over by the opponents fans.

“Sick of the BS“ is BS in itself. Outside of the 90’s Cowboys, y’all haven’t had a championship caliber team. It’s not known as a scary sports town to go into and play because of its wine and cheese fanbase. The Cowboys had a good season, got into the playoffs and y’all still couldn’t show up. Pathetic honestly!

We aren’t Cleveland and Detroit (just happy to make the playoffs). Plus no one is moving to Detroit or Cleveland or wants to visit those places.

You can also blame all these damn transplants moving out here from Cali and everywhere else taking jobs (joking).

RonWashington

Reaction score
The level of buffoonery we just witnessed has never been reached by any DFW team in the history of the metroplex.

No game 6 Rangers have a chance to close out St Louis win it’s first and only WS in 2011 and for some reason Nelson Cruz hasn’t been pulled for a defensive replacement 9th inning and sure enough he butchers a fly ball goes over his head Cardinals rally win game 6 and then win the WS next night . Tonight , tonight was a “ wildcard “ meltdown …

coogrfan

Reaction score
The level of buffoonery we just witnessed has never been reached by any DFW team in the history of the metroplex.

This wasn't even in the top 5. We got beat by a very good football team that was peaking down the stretch. I'm not happy about it, but try to keep some perspective.

J817

Reaction score
Proves my point even more. Homefield means nothing in Dallas. Zero advantage!

Those teams have a common factor. Both have owners who think they are the smartest men in any room and build their teams stupid. Cuban’s Mavs are built stupid (depending on free agency to build a team). Jerry’s Cowboys are built stupid (hiring bad HCs and giving out bad contracts). It gets tiresome. Nothing to do with fans. The Mavs have the longest sellout streak in North American sports history.

kumizi

Reaction score
I will not be telling people I'm from Dallas on my next vacation.

lqmac1

Reaction score
We aren’t Cleveland and Detroit (just happy to make the playoffs). Plus no one is moving to Detroit or Cleveland or wants to visit those places.

You can also blame all these damn transplants moving out here from Cali and everywhere else taking jobs (joking).
I really don’t understand why you guys feel so privileged that “the playoffs isn’t enough“. It’s not a championship town and hasn’t been one since the 90s Cowboys.

Most transplants are moving to Austin!

J817

Reaction score
I really don’t understand why you guys feel so privileged that “the playoffs isn’t enough“. It’s not a championship town and hasn’t been one since the 90s Cowboys.

Most transplants are moving to Austin!

Some are moving to Austin. Some are moving to Dallas and Houston.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
No, they’ve got a ton of them the last 20 years.

the dork Romo dropping a snap, Captain Cabo and his first lieutenant losing to a giants team they destroyed twice, #1 seed down 21-3 before fans could get a beer, today down 13-0 and playing like it’s august. I mean it ranks up there, but at this point par for the course

coogrfan

Reaction score
I feel like until Jerry does right by Jimmy we will continue to be cursed.
We're not cursed. We're run by a family that prioritizes money and aesthetics over football. Until that changes, this is what we're gonna get.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
This. Wide open WR's that can't see passes because of a simple architectural prep piece or shading fix.

A score board that swats punts away.

Home fans that sell their tickets to thousands of out of towers on the weekly.

An Owner so hated by the league that he has zero sway to correct unbalanced officiating.

It's all a joke. It's fake *** football.

Agree with everything except the fans that sold out.

Don't blame them with this embarrassing organization.

And ya know what? The Dallas faithful that was there did their job. Forced a false start to make it 3rd and 12. Then Gallimore quickly decided hands to the face would negate that.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Agree with everything except the fans that sold out.

Don't blame them with this embarrassing organization.

And ya know what? The Dallas faithful that was there did their job. Forced a false start to make it 3rd and 12. Then Gallimore quickly decided hands to the face would negate that.

I agree that point was a bit exaggerated on my part. We just do even worse @ home, and definitely do not get calls in our building.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I went to a bar and watched with friends and was not on our game thread for this.

SO thankful for at least that. I bet it was out of control.

We were thoroughly outplayed.

period

leeblair

Reaction score
Dude, that game did not have this stage. Everyone in the country just witness a complete clown fest from our Boys.
It was a Sunday night game that was nationally televised. So was the game vs the Commanders that season that was equally bad.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Calculated risk by McCarthey apparently. Agree though, bad call. Pass and get out of bounds and you get possibly 2 shots at the end zone. But you gotta get out of bounds first. Even if they did spike it, they have only one shot at the end zone. Oh well….

Zordon

Reaction score
This wasn't even in the top 5. We got beat by a very good football team that was peaking down the stretch. I'm not happy about it, but try to keep some perspective.
Give me your top 5.

coogrfan

Reaction score
Give me your top 5.
Off the top of my head:
1. 07(?) Mavs 1st rd loss to GS;
2. Rangers 11 WS gm 6;
3. 08 Boys divisional rd loss to the Giants;
4. 80 Boys NFCCG loss at Philly;
5. 07 Boys wildcard loss to Seattle;