The most embarrassing game in the history of DFW sports

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Sorry, losing to the expansion Texans in ATT on opening day still beats this game. SF is a decent team, we just weren't prepared today, or any day that matters.

Or the last game at Texas Stadium. Jerry has a lot of greatest hits.

Alweezy

Reaction score
Most of the experts predicted the cowboys to lose and don't like there coaching/game management (plus the cowboys haven't made a deep playoff run in like 25 years)

Not really that embarassing, more expected than anything. Being the worst choke job of all time (1 strike away from winning on 2 seperate occasions) is more embarassing

I know we in the moment right now, but we really need to put respect on the 2011 Rangers name. That was the greatest Rangers team in club history and a champion caliber team. And they had way more embarrassing moments than losing a World Series game. We shouldn't be comparing the Cowboys to the 2011 Rangers.

The Mavs getting blasted by 20 points in the first round to the 8 seed Warriors, Dirk's MVP year was pretty embarrassing. That was actually a rough year to be a DFW sports fan. We lost to the NY Giants in the playoffs. The Mavs choked in the playoffs, and the Rangers gave up and started rebuilding. We'll see better days.

ICP

Reaction score
That game, may actually, cost McCarthy his job.

You can't win in the NFL with that much laundry on the field.
Too bad we can't fire everybody that isn't named Parsons. And even he looked pedestrian today

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Honestly it’s exactly what everyone predicted would happen; no clue why anyone is shocked

You would think they would have done something to clean it up....@ some point. But I guess...you just have to look @ this @ face value for what it is.....This is what you get with McCarthy. An undisciplined team that makes costly mistakes. There was no accountability during the year. Right now.....I don't think McCarthy cares one way or another...he just wanted to sit in the big chair in Dallas just so he could say he did it.

Jerry fired Chan Gailey....for not getting more out of a playoff team. I'm not so sure this couldn't happen again after year 2. I'm sure Jerry expected more than just a playoff flop in the wildcard.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Right now, I don't really care anymore. I've attached myself to the Mavs so on with the Kidd and his defense. Screw Jerry Jones.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That game, may actually, cost McCarthy his job.

You can't win in the NFL with that much laundry on the field.

The lack of discipline when it comes to flags was absolutely horrid this year. Borderline the worst I've ever seen on any team. The fact we won 12 games with how many penalties there were is incredible.

I think this team lacks discipline and does not see Mike as their leader, more as just another guy in the locker room. We need a real alpha at the head coach position to get this thing straightened out unfortunately Jerry preferred weakly willed yes men so that will be difficult to achieve.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I’ve completely given up on ever seeing another title in my lifetime. I’ve gotten to see all of them but with my cancer diagnosis I’ll never see another. Oh well, it’s not that important in the grand scheme of things anyway. It’s just a game. They don’t care so why should I!

My Atlanta Braves at least won a title this past year and my Kentucky Wildcats very well could. My Cowboys? Always a severe disappointment. Oh well.

ryanbabs

Reaction score
Not even close...that was a 13-3 team...that was a #1 seed....and one of our losses came against AFC Champ New England.
I meant the actual game was harder to watch…14 penalties, etc. I wasn’t referring to the choke job.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Not just the penalities. The away fans. The stadium flaws. The final play.

I'm not even mad right now. I'm ashamed.

The stupid penalties, too. Gallimore ripping the helmet off, Gregory tackling an offensive lineman for no reason, the block in the back for no reason. Just a massive amount of stupidity on the field.

BleedSilverandBlue

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The stupid penalties, too. Gallimore ripping the helmet off, Gregory tackling an offensive lineman for no reason, the block in the back for no reason. Just a massive amount of stupidity on the field.

I used to be someone who thought we had to retain Gregory this off-season but I think we need to let him go. He’s not a smart player and gets tons of penalties. He’s undisciplined in his rush and loses contain trying to play hero ball. We need to get rid of the players from the old guard.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I used to be someone who thought we had to retain Gregory this off-season but I think we need to let him go. He’s not a smart player and gets tons of penalties. He’s undisciplined in his rush and loses contain trying to play hero ball. We need to get rid of the players from the old guard.

Yeah, he's the classic Jerry gamble. He's trying to do the same thing with Kellen Moore that he did with Garrett: Anoint someone who is in over their head and pretend like he's homegrown talent or something.

BleedSilverandBlue

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yeah, he's the classic Jerry gamble. He's trying to do the same thing with Kellen Moore that he did with Garrett: Anoint someone who is in over their head and pretend like he's homegrown talent or something.

Jerry desperately wants to look like a genius. That’s why he makes these stupid decisions. He would rather lose with his guy than win with a real coaching staff and GM. Pathetic owner.

IceBowler

Reaction score
I’ve completely given up on ever seeing another title in my lifetime. I’ve gotten to see all of them but with my cancer diagnosis I’ll never see another. Oh well, it’s not that important in the grand scheme of things anyway. It’s just a game. They don’t care so why should I!

My Atlanta Braves at least won a title this past year and my Kentucky Wildcats very well could. My Cowboys? Always a severe disappointment. Oh well.
You are % correct, brother. It is meaningless.. “chasing the wind.”