The Most Underrated Concern

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Yawn..........I mean doesnt this act of yours get old already? LOL

Dak is not elite, most QB's arent. The next QB we draft probably wont be elite either. So what you need is a great Oline to give the QB protection, time and a good run game.

Same with Romo, same with Dak , Same with Aikman.

Do you really think the next QB we are going to draft is going be the next Mahomes?

Learn the game of football.

You trolls act like spoiled little kids crying that nothing will do but Mahomes or Brady.

It really is comical.
If your happy being mediocre than that's your choice Roy.
This franchise will never advance deep in the playoffs with mediocre Dak, no matter who you put around him.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If your happy being mediocre than that's your choice Roy.
This franchise will never advance deep in the playoffs with mediocre Dak, no matter who you put around him.
Its not about happy anything.

And 12-5 isnt mediocre. See, you dont even know what mediocre is. Hard to have a real conversation with someone that doenst even know what mediocre is.

Neither Romo or Dak are the problem. Jerry is the problem.

Both QB's are good enough to win it all. Jerry just cant put a good enough team around them.

Do you really think Jerry is going to draft the next Mahomes? Mahomes would have trouble winning here.

But whatever, keep up your mantra. Act is old. Cant believe you dont get tired of the same nonsense over and over again.

Kwyn

Reaction score
OL

Our best player— Martin— is getting up there. Tyron is one or two years away from retirement.

After developing them as players— We let Williams and Collins walk last year, McG this offseason. Depth is thin.

Biadasz will be looking for a payday— and while he has been solid— he is not a dominant player at his position.

Steele is coming off injury and is yet unsigned. Ball looks like a whiff, and Waletzko and Farniok may have flashed a bit, but are far from sure bets.

Throw in a coaching change to Solari, and I think this unit is in need of some strategic attention.Yes, Tyler Smith is looking good. Yes, we should be good for 2023 and maybe 2024. But this OL will need to be restocked and developed and is an underrated need as we head into the draft.
The Cowboys, more than most teams, prioritize the O-Line and that’s been the case for the last couple of decades. I’m not concerned that they won’t continue to work at it. They always do.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yah I have loved their offseason acquisitions overall (Cooks has grown on me over time lol) and they are definitely in a position to go BPA in the draft.

I hope you’re right and we can land some quality players on day 2.
Not seeing the BPA thing. We have major holes at Guard and DT. Minor holes at RB, TE, LB.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
When Bill Parcels was with the NYG, the OL was bad. For 2 drafts, he went 1 & 2 selecting OL both time. A few years later the won the SB. With Hostettler at QB taking over for an injured Simms.
I believe it was their 1st Sb of 2 with him.

When Garrett took over he got rid of the OL and over a few years he rebuilt it. Which was about the only thing he did right.

So is it to that point again, just go all in on the OL. Since the defense is pretty well set. OL and a RB, WR.
Garrett didnt do anything buddy. Garrett did what he was told.

But we are in agreement that the Oline needs to be finished with the rebuild. Tyron needs to be gone or relegated to swing tackle.

TheCritic

Reaction score
Totally agree with the OP! Personally, if Bijan Robinson was there at 26, I would draft him and draft a couple of OL after that. But I doubt he will be there. So I'm totally ok with drafting an OL with our 1st pick.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Garrett didnt do anything buddy. Garrett did what he was told.

But we are in agreement that the Oline needs to be finished with the rebuild. Tyron needs to be gone or relegated to swing tackle.
So Jerry told him to rebuild the OL?
Then give Jerry the credit.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
OL

Our best player— Martin— is getting up there. Tyron is one or two years away from retirement.

After developing them as players— We let Williams and Collins walk last year, McG this offseason. Depth is thin.

Biadasz will be looking for a payday— and while he has been solid— he is not a dominant player at his position.

Steele is coming off injury and is yet unsigned. Ball looks like a whiff, and Waletzko and Farniok may have flashed a bit, but are far from sure bets.

Throw in a coaching change to Solari, and I think this unit is in need of some strategic attention.Yes, Tyler Smith is looking good. Yes, we should be good for 2023 and maybe 2024. But this OL will need to be restocked and developed and is an underrated need as we head into the draft.
Biadasz, Diggs, and more are free agents after this season so this could be a make or blow up year.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
The problem I have is every other team seems to find linemen in later rounds….I get taking a left tackle. But it’s been shown you don’t have to draft that high especially McCarthy he has had a career of finding late round linemen.
True! Just saying if a guy who can slide in is there, I don’t mind it. But I think there are other concerns.

T-RO

Reaction score
Good riddance. They didn't develope and will be journeymen players if they are in the NFL next year. At least for Williams he never should have been drafted where he was. More like 6th round instead of seond. Another blown pick by Jerry and Spawn.

LOL. Only 100% wrong.

Connor Williams
17 Games Started in Miami
PFF Score 78.4
3 Sacks Allowed

Dolphins coach:
"I mean, we couldn't be happier with what Williams has done," Smith said when the Dolphins returned to work from their bye. "I mean, and I know that he's always striving to improve himself for what he's doing. It's just been so awesome to watch a guy, a veteran, take on a challenge and really do it at a level that's really exceeding our expectations"

coult44

Reaction score
OL

If we are good for 23/24, hats far enough looking forward. The problem with the Jones strategy is they have been looking too far forward for too long. It’s got us nowhere for a long time

T-RO

Reaction score
THIS might be sacrilege but why not explore trading Martin right now while he is still in his prime? Get prime draft capital. Call the cards and see if we can trade him for DHOP and maybe a 1st rd pick this year and in 2024. They need a guard badly. Our line is in flux already, so why not just do this? Will we run the tires of Martin and get 0 back in return? Is that the plan? This might get folks upset at me, but I said it.

Zack is fine!

Besides, trading him would incur $28 million dead cap! (Not possible at all)

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
It would piss me off because you can get them in the second and third…now obviously if that’s what’s available I get taking it.
Connor Williams and McG were taken in the 2nd and 3rd rounds respectively. And were called “blinking red lights” on the draft board bc they were supposedly “great value” there.

And, well— you get my point lol

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Biadasz, Diggs, and more are free agents after this season so this could be a make or blow up year.
Yah… their moves seem to indicate they are pushing their chips forward this year. Weak NFC. Decent roster. I think they are right to go all in and take a shot.

If they can’t break through this year— then yah— I think you HAVE to consider blowing it up and rebuilding, especially if Dak is again the reason they pack it all up and go home in Jan.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I am not in the Camp of hey lets draft a QB. This years QB crop is pretty average 2 be kind. But I will say this, its a big need. If a guy slides like heck and is there within the first 3 rds, I might do it. The Tennessee QB(hooker) or the Houston QB Tune.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
If we are good for 23/24, hats far enough looking forward. The problem with the Jones strategy is they have been looking too far forward for too long. It’s got us nowhere for a long time
OL take a few years to develop. We have had abnormal success with plug and play starters the last 10-15 years (Tyron, Zach, Biadasz, Tyler etc)

Plus— Tyron is too injured to bank on. Consider any contribution we get from him gravy. That means we are paper thin at OT and G now that McG left.

When I said they will be alright for 2023-24 I meant that they can be decent at the starter level — barring injury. Our lack of depth is a current fire that needs to be put out.

Unless Chuma Edoga and Josh Ball make you sleep better at night lol