The negotiations should be over once Jerry Jones says this to Dak

TwentyOne

Reaction score
"You do know that I was at the eagles game in Philadelphia and saw how the offense scored no TD's. So with that being said how much exactly are you asking for again??

LOL

Is DAK really that stupid to not know you have to BALL OUT the last year of your contract??? How can you play like trash and expect a lot of money? He may be on mental medication

From the thread title i expected JJ to say just:

"BYE".

black label

Reaction score
"You do know that I was at the eagles game in Philadelphia and saw how the offense scored no TD's. So with that being said how much exactly are you asking for again??

LOL

Is DAK really that stupid to not know you have to BALL OUT the last year of your contract??? How can you play like trash and expect a lot of money? He may be on mental medication
:clap:

cern

Reaction score
Well you should not have played and by playing you hurt our chances to win the nfc east
What if emmitt had not played against the giants when his shoulder was injured? It was a must win game that we lost. But I doubt cooper rush could have done better.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It's sad to me that Dak is relying completely upon Todd France to do right by him. Unfortunately, Todd France is out to prove for his agency, the CAA, that they're the best outfit around to do business with. That's not doing a service for the player nearly so much as the agency is serving itself. Dak may or may not come to realize that at some point, although, the danger point is getting closer and closer to an indefinitely prolonged stalemate.

I'm sure the team wants to sign him to a contract that suits both themselves and Dak but his agent and CAA is far too adamant about Dak being a trend-setting QB. It's high time for Dak to divest himself of his agent and make a deal that he considers to be fair for both himself and his team. Otherwise, they might both chance suffering some unfortunate consequences in the long run. I do believe Dak is being used as a pawn to exact success for his agent and his agent's agency. It's just an unfortunate situation for both Dak and his team, imho, unless Dak sees it's time to think for himself.

Last edited:

plymkr

Reaction score
Well you should not have played and by playing you hurt our chances to win the nfc east[
Why did he play that game? Is that true that he couldn't raise his arm without a shot? If that's true then she shouldn't have played. The whole Eagles team was injured and on defense they had 3rd stringers out there. A healthy Rush with a week of practice with the first team could have taken the Eagles. If Dak was injured that bad then it was dumb of him to play and dumb of the coaching staff to play him. Cuz even if we won the game and Dak got hurt more and couldn't play in the playoffs then what did that accomplish?

plymkr

Reaction score
A highly looked over fact - it's still a team game.
My take on last year is Dak played below average, Zeke sucked, the defense sucked and special teams sucked. And the coaches watched everyone suck and didn't do anything about it and hoped it would go away and the "process" would make the sucking go away. I'm a Dak fan but he didn't play good last year. Zeke really was bad and didn't do him any favors.
I'm hoping Fredbeard will be healthy and Smith will be healthy. IMHO Dak is a guy that thrives when things are going good. When things start to break down he's not in the class of QB's that can take the team on his shoulders and lead it to victory. Right now if I have one game to play I would want Rogers or Brady as my QB. For the next 10 years of building a franchise I would want Dak. I just hope Dak doesn't take up too much of the pie so they can't build around him. He has the physical tools but can he take his mental game up to the level of Rogers, Brees, Brady, etc. I hope so.

Hadenough

Reaction score
It's sad to me that Dak is relying completely upon Todd France to do right by him. Unfortunately, Todd France is out to prove for his agency, the CAA, that they're the best outfit around to do business with. That's not doing a service for the player nearly so much as the agency is serving itself. Dak may or may not come to realize that at some point, although, the danger point is getting closer and closer to an indefinitely prolonged stalemate.

I'm sure the team wants to sign him to a contract that suits both themselves and Dak but his agent and CAA is far too adamant about Dak being a trend-setting QB. It's high time for Dak to divest himself of his agent and make a deal that he considers to be fair for both himself and his team. Otherwise, they might both chance suffering some unfortunate consequences in the long run. I do believe Dak is being used as a pawn to exact success for his agent and his agent's agency. It's just an unfortunate situation for both Dak and his team, imho, unless Dak sees it's time to think for himself.
I think it is kinda late for that. Had Dak just taken the money before the season started this discussion would be a lot of shoulder shrugs. Being so money hungry has led many people into hatred for Dak. If Dak remains a Cowboys he is going to be scrutinized every play of every game. His best bet now is to get out. Heck Tannehill was the second best QB in the league after taking the starting job from Mariotta. He also performed well in the playoffs. He took less than 30 mil a season and didnt look back. Dak needs his agent.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After a FAILED season which makes this whole NFL negotiation a joke
The entire season falls on Dak's back? Sure, Dak is part of it, but it's not all on one guy. Clearly the Cowboys don't put it all on Dak's back.

By the way, do you realize the Saints (and Drew Brees) went 8-8 the season before they won the Super Bowl?

And no, I'm not saying Dak is as good as Brees. What I am saying is that the poor record one season doesn't define the future for a QB or team. The team has to make a decision on that QB. I suspect the Cowboys aren't going to judge him solely on the worst team record over his 4 years.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Well you should not have played and by playing you hurt our chances to win the nfc east
Well, then why did the staff allow him to play? It is really up to the head coach. I agree Dak could have played better in the Eagles game. But our offense overall played poorly, not just Dak. We also got into the post
season with Dak the previous season.

GMO415

Reaction score
Garrett's gone because the entire team quit that day.

sean10mm

Reaction score

LOL

ONE WEIRD TRICK TO SAVE $20 MILLION A YEAR, CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE

cowboyed

Reaction score
The entire season falls on Dak's back? Sure, Dak is part of it, but it's not all on one guy. Clearly the Cowboys don't put it all on Dak's back.

By the way, do you realize the Saints (and Drew Brees) went 8-8 the season before they won the Super Bowl?

And no, I'm not saying Dak is as good as Brees. What I am saying is that the poor record one season doesn't define the future for a QB or team. The team has to make a decision on that QB. I suspect the Cowboys aren't going to judge him solely on the worst team record over his 4 years.

The contradiction by some is so classic. When we are winning it is because Dak has a great offensive supporting staff. When we are losing it's completely on Dak, like the Eagles game. The market to pay quarterbacks and other position players rests not on fan likes or dislikes.

That stated, my real concern is the impact on the salary cap and if Dak wants the entire team to be post season caliber, then as leader of the team he should take that into objective consideration when negotiating with the ownership.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Garrett's gone because the entire team quit that day.

It is also an indictment of general management and the nepotistic ownership to have hired such reactionary coaching staff (exception Moore) that confused and squandered the player talent. But hey it is family ownership distracted by other major business ventures as well.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Hopefully we can get Dak to play on the tag for the next year or two while we covertly search for a better QB.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Dak's reply,
You do know I was playing hurt and needed a shot to even raise my arm, right?

/Thread

The truth is that our season derailed because Jerry didn’t have a solid vet back up.. Dak shouldn’t have even been playing those last few games....

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The contradiction by some is so classic. When we are winning it is because Dak has a great offensive supporting staff. When we are losing it's completely on Dak, like the Eagles game. The market to pay quarterbacks and other position players rests not on fan likes or dislikes.

That stated, my real concern is the impact on the salary cap and if Dak wants the entire team to be post season caliber, then as leader of the team he should take that into objective consideration when negotiating with the ownership.
Pretty spot on. And when you bring up circumstances with regard to the whole team such as poor defense and special teams that result in the worst field position they are conveniently labeled as excuses.