The New Guy

PeteZaar

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

UK-Based Cowboys fan. Been watching the boys since 2011.

Lucky enough to be able to see the team in person when they came to London to beat the Jaguars in 2014. Would love one day to be able to fly over to Texas and take in a game at AT&T!

Not the most knowledgeable about football, but would love to be able to know more and learn each year as I go. I have a basic understanding of the game, but know it goes a lot into stats and whatnot, and that's the side I need to brush up on.

Outside of NFL I support Leeds United, listen to rock and heavy metal, drink beer and eat waaaayyy too much pizza (hence the username).

Looking forward to conversing with you all!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Welcome abroad, Pete....err, your majesty? I've never been to AT&T Stadium, but from what I hear, it might be cheaper to build your own stadium in London and wait for them to come back. But if you do come over, bring @Londonboy with you!

Xelda

Reaction score
I don't mean to do this, but I am required by some imaginary force of nature to improvise your name. Welcome Petey Weatey! We look forward to seeing you around in the forums. I hate that you missed the 90s, they were glorious!

Lesson for the day: The referees are shameless and corrupt and most are out to get us. They'll even make up stuff to keep us out of contention. Watch 'em!

PeteZaar

Reaction score
Welcome abroad, Pete....err, your majesty? I've never been to AT&T Stadium, but from what I hear, it might be cheaper to build your own stadium in London and wait for them to come back. But if you do come over, bring @Londonboy with you!

Hi there @Runwildboys

Yes, sadly it would cost a pretty penny for a trip over to The Lone Star State.

However, if the opportunity rises, I will be there!

PeteZaar

Reaction score
I don't mean to do this, but I am required by some imaginary force of nature to improvise your name. Welcome Petey Weatey! We look forward to seeing you around in the forums. I hate that you missed the 90s, they were glorious!

Lesson for the day: The referees are shameless and corrupt and most are out to get us. They'll even make up stuff to keep us out of contention. Watch 'em!

Hi @Xelda

I have seen a lot of the 90s stuff and it did appear to be a glorious time for The Boys! Nevertheless, we will have our time once again and it will be just as, if not more, glorious.

As for the lesson of the day and referring decisions even us over the pond knew Dez caught it and I'm still bitter about it! And believe me I know about referees and their bias, as a football (soccer) fan, especially a Leeds United fan, we are always at the subject and whim of our 'lovely' officials!

Londonboy

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

UK-Based Cowboys fan. Been watching the boys since 2011.

Lucky enough to be able to see the team in person when they came to London to beat the Jaguars in 2014. Would love one day to be able to fly over to Texas and take in a game at AT&T!

Not the most knowledgeable about football, but would love to be able to know more and learn each year as I go. I have a basic understanding of the game, but know it goes a lot into stats and whatnot, and that's the side I need to brush up on.

Outside of NFL I support Leeds United, listen to rock and heavy metal, drink beer and eat waaaayyy too much pizza (hence the username).

Looking forward to conversing with you all!
Howdy Pete.
Good to see the mighty Leeds back where they belong, I'm a Chelsea fan (sorry about the 1970 FA Cup final, Chopper Harris should have been sent off), be prepared to endure the S word that rhymes with docker if You're gonna talk about the beautiful game.

Some helpful hints :
Don't point out that calling it a Touchdown makes no sense.
Don't get drunk and post a picture of British troops burning down the White House in 1814 (especially not on July 4th:eek:).
Use Y'all and howdy to endear yourself to the natives (never refer to them as ungrateful Colonials).

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Howdy Pete.
Good to see the mighty Leeds back where they belong, I'm a Chelsea fan (sorry about the 1970 FA Cup final, Chopper Harris should have been sent off), be prepared to endure the S word that rhymes with docker if You're gonna talk about the beautiful game.

Some helpful hints :
Don't get drunk and post a picture of British troops burning down the White House in 1814 (especially not on July 4th:eek:).
Use Y'all and howdy to endear yourself to the natives (never refer to them as ungrateful Colonials).
Limey bass turd.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ahhhh Petey, if only you'd known me before I became a mod, I am a mere shadow of my former posterself. I could regale you with stories while we tossed down pints like they were shots. Posters expect more of me now and they join a long and illustrious list of disappointed people including dear old Mum n Dadsy, other family members that acknowledged me, teachers, wife and children, bosses and bookies.

Welcome and I know Londy is proud to have a fellow countryman to help him out in our Annual 4th of July Reenactment where he wears a funny hat and a red jacket and marches in a straight thread while we get scruffy, hide behind cyber trees and hurl insults at him. But he's a jolly old chap and takes it like the cheeky monkey he is.

Seriously, welcome, love you blokes across the pond making our women think we're dumb because of the way y'all talk. Honestly, most women thought I was dumb before they saw Mary Poppins.

Tell ya, podnah, you need to know anything about the REAL game of football, just ask me. What I don't know I make up but I do try and make it convincing....until you ask someone else.

You Englishmen can be quite persuasive, Londy got me hating the French. I stopped calling them fries, now they're chips. And it's not a French kiss, I was just checking your teeth.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Howdy Pete.

Some helpful hints :
Don't forget the three G's -- God, guns and government - should not be discussed:muttley:

PeteZaar

Reaction score
Howdy Pete.

Some helpful hints :

Hi @Londonboy

Not a problem about Chopper Harris, apologies for most of the 70's Leeds team to be fair!

Thanks for the tips, I will be sure not to do any of them hahahaha!

PeteZaar

Reaction score
Ahhhh Petey, if only you'd known me before I became a mod, I am a mere shadow of my former posterself. I could regale you with stories while we tossed down pints like they were shots. Posters expect more of me now and they join a long and illustrious list of disappointed people including dear old Mum n Dadsy, other family members that acknowledged me, teachers, wife and children, bosses and bookies.

Welcome and I know Londy is proud to have a fellow countryman to help him out in our Annual 4th of July Reenactment where he wears a funny hat and a red jacket and marches in a straight thread while we get scruffy, hide behind cyber trees and hurl insults at him. But he's a jolly old chap and takes it like the cheeky monkey he is.

Seriously, welcome, love you blokes across the pond making our women think we're dumb because of the way y'all talk. Honestly, most women thought I was dumb before they saw Mary Poppins.

Tell ya, podnah, you need to know anything about the REAL game of football, just ask me. What I don't know I make up but I do try and make it convincing....until you ask someone else.

You Englishmen can be quite persuasive, Londy got me hating the French. I stopped calling them fries, now they're chips. And it's not a French kiss, I was just checking your teeth.

Hi @CouchCoach

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm glad you have learnt that chips are not fries! The absolute disappointment in my child heart on a trip to Disney World, and got a bag of crisps when I asked for chips.....

As for the accent, being a proud northerner I would have to try to produce the widely accepted British accent. My accent is closer to Sean Bean than Tom Hiddleston (and as a proud northerner I am glad of this). However I'm sure I can imitate my best Englishness if needed!

PeteZaar

Reaction score
You can start with $75 just for parking. In it's inaugural year, they had a serious problem with vehicle break ins. I would think $75 would get some kind of security.

To quote a very Yorkshire phrase (known as the Yorkshire war-cry): HOW MUCH??!!

Note: We Yorkshire folk are famed for our thrifty-ness/frugal-ness (called "being tight") as we are not known for parting easily with our cash....

Last edited: