News: The next best free agent move the Dallas Cowboys should make

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We signed 3 ok guys and Downgraded at 4 positions. I love the coaching changes though. At least theres new blood brought in

McCoy and Poe are very good players. They completely solidify the middle of the defense. DT is now a strength. Ha ha is the best safety we have had in years although I agree he is nothing special.

As far as the defections I am not concerned about any of them as long as we take a CB first overall.

Frederick is the biggest loss by far.

blueblood70

Reaction score
He wasn’t what I’d call expensive before he was cut.
then why was he cut, its typically about money or next deal demands..if not then worse personality issues? off field issues? why is he still available?

The same is being said about Logan Ryan, good player but why is he still available? we could use him more then a WR..

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
then why was he cut, its typically about money or next deal demands..if not then worse personality issues? off field issues? why is he still available?

The Bears certainly felt that his contract was going to cost them more than they were comfortable paying. I wouldn't pay $6 million a year for him either. But at this point, nobody has to. In fact, I'd bet that his asking price is significantly lower. Lower, in fact that the $5 million we gladly paid Randall Cobb last year.

I do know that he suffered some concussions last year so that may be a factor?

The same is being said about Logan Ryan, good player but why is he still available? we could use him more then a WR..

With Logan Ryan it's all about cost. It's been well-documented that he's demanding $10 million a year and teams clearly aren't willing to pay him that much.

He's in the same boat with Jadeveon Clowney, a player who thinks he's worth more than the league does.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I agree and didn't get excited when I read this...…..I'm thinking this is how it may go....

Lawrence - McCoy - Poe - Aldon Smith or Gregory are the starters

Rotation includes Crawford and Gregory and Aldon Smith at this point I'm not sure
who else we will have on the DL that are guaranteed spots

We don't know if we can rely on Smith or Gregory, so Crawford as starter might end up being necessary if we don't draft a right end (which I don't think we will). Crawford is the fallback.

Ideally, though, Gregory and Smith would get reinstated, keep their noses clean and split time at the spot, leaving Crawford to move back inside as a rotational player. Because both Gregory and Smith have missed so much time, it's probably that Crawford will have to play end some on run downs, though, unless Armstrong, Jackson or Jelks step up.